Defining Moment For This Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Defining Moment For This Team

What I was trying to get at is that 2 weeks ago people were starting to squirm in their stools and there was an anti-Stig undercurrent beginning. Now after one game the sun has shone and people are starting to think playoffs. I'm just sayin getting too high too fast can only lead to disappointment.
    I know I love what I see but I'm just taking it game by game. I am so excited for these guys and I can't wait to see where this team goes this year and into future seasons. The ceiling is very high.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      From TV story: "SDSU has allowed 66 yards in net rushing over the last three games, all against FCS scholarship squads." This is some serious defense folks, especially since one of the opponents had the nation's leading rusher at the time.
      The nations leading rusher has been our team all season long...right?
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
        What I was trying to get at is that 2 weeks ago people were starting to squirm in their stools and there was an anti-Stig undercurrent beginning. Now after one game the sun has shone and people are starting to think playoffs. I'm just sayin getting too high too fast can only lead to disappointment.
        I know I love what I see but I'm just taking it game by game. I am so excited for these guys and I can't wait to see where this team goes this year and into future seasons. The ceiling is very high.
        I'm a little confused by this post. The team was underachieving largely because of errors that could easily be attributable to the coaching staff and people were talking about it. That isn't an "anti-Stig undertone" that's just the facts. I agree with one of the other posters from a different forum, there are way more Stig apologists than there are Stig haters.

The expectations for this team at this moment should be high. The running game is excelling, defense is as stellar, and line play has been top notch. There is every reason to expect that the passing game should come around given the talent at QB. Not to expect this team to come out and dominate in the next 2 games would be much more egregious and act than to expect it.

If the team and coaches haven't been thinking playoffs from the end of last season to the start of this one I'd be one pissed fan. This team ought to win the next 2 games handily or I will be sorely disappointed. The excitement for this team and fan enthusiasm is directly tied to winning, as it should be if you want to cheer for a successful program.

Why is there a fear of expecting success?
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          I'm a little confused by this post. The team was underachieving largely because of errors that could easily be attributable to the coaching staff and people were talking about it. That isn't an "anti-Stig undertone" that's just the facts. I agree with one of the other posters from a different forum, there are way more Stig apologists than there are Stig haters.

The expectations for this team at this moment should be high. The running game is excelling, defense is as stellar, and line play has been top notch. There is every reason to expect that the passing game should come around given the talent at QB. Not to expect this team to come out and dominate in the next 2 games would be much more egregious and act than to expect it.

If the team and coaches haven't been thinking playoffs from the end of last season to the start of this one I'd be one pissed fan. This team ought to win the next 2 games handily or I will be sorely disappointed. The excitement for this team and fan enthusiasm is directly tied to winning, as it should be if you want to cheer for a successful program.

Why is there a fear of expecting success?
          I don't think there is anything wrong with expecting success. I expect success, and I'm certainly not afraid of it. I'm pretty sure most SDSU fans do too.

I think the difference comes with how a person defines success.

If a person defines success as winning "handily" against conference opponents, chances are they will be disappointed as much as they are satisfied. They will rarely be happy with game outcomes, and they will likely be unhappy with the coaching staff. Some might even label them haters.

If a person defines success as winning the next game, no matter what the score, chances are they will be happy after most games. Sometimes, they will be VERY happy, and they will likely be satisfied with the coaching staff. Some might label them apologists.

Neither is right or wrong. Just different approaches.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            I don't think there is anything wrong with expecting success. I expect success, and I'm certainly not afraid of it. I'm pretty sure most SDSU fans do too.

I think the difference comes with how a person defines success.

If a person defines success as winning "handily" against conference opponents, chances are they will be disappointed as much as they are satisfied. They will rarely be happy with game outcomes, and they will likely be unhappy with the coaching staff. Some might even label them haters.

If a person defines success as winning the next game, no matter what the score, chances are they will be happy after most games. Sometimes, they will be VERY happy, and they will likely be satisfied with the coaching staff. Some might label them apologists.

Neither is right or wrong. Just different approaches.
            I agree. If we can't expect success than what is the point? That's why I can't imagine being a season ticket holder to the Royals and continuing to shell out money for mediocrity, but that's another topic for another day.

I'll say it now and I'll say it again. If we can't get to the playoffs and win a few games before Sumner and Zenner graduate, we all know what has to be done. You can't have that much talent and NOT turn the corner.

I don't even know why I'm typing this. We are 3-1 and only getting better! Go Jacks!

Comment

My expectations: That we'll be 5-1 in a couple of weeks and looking forward to a tough road game at UNI with a revived passing game and a lot of confidence in the defense and rushing attack. I think this could be a special year.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
              X