X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rabbitden
    replied
    Re: Jackrabbit Gameday Experience

Foxy Loxy: This is the Voice of Doom speaking! Special bulletin! Flash! The sky is falling! A piece of it just hit you on the head! Now be calm. Don't get panicky. Run for your life!

Chicken Little: Listen to me, everybody! I'm your new leader! I'm gonna save your lives! I'm gonna tell you what to do!
    Cocky Locky: Don't listen to that pipsqueak. The sky isn't falling.
    Chicken Little: I tell ya it is too falling!
    Cocky Locky: And I tell you it isn't.
    Chicken Little: Is too!
    Cocky Locky: All right, if the sky is falling why doesn't it hit me in the head?
    [Foxy Loxy hits Cocky Locky with a piece of wood]
    Hen: Chicken Little is right! What do we do? Oh, Chicken Little, you've got to help us!

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitNation View Post
    Originally Posted by West-River_Jack
    I thoroghly enjoyed my game day experience. Unfortunately, there were an awful lot of fans in my section (H) who seemed to totally hate it. They hated the officiating on every play. They hated the play call on every play. They hated the offense. They hated the pass defense. I really don't understand why some people go to a game. They seem to enjoy nothing at all! They complain on every play from the opening kickoff to the final gun. I doubt that beer would help.

BINGO! Isn't that amazing! Beer probably wasn't cold enough at their tailgate, beef overcooked, and too warm of a day too!

Maybe we should have beer and roofies for those folks?

SUPERBUNNY

Hey, come sit by me in the old band section that is full of people who are doing nothing but talk about the Pride. They big question or conversation of the day was, I wonder if I can go down and take pictures of the band? And than I would hear things like, when we kick off you would think the team would have a play set up so they don't get taken down so quickly or why can't the guy throwing the ball not throw it to the player on the other team?

Enough said, and they have 45 yard line tickets just for the band.
    Well it is a pretty awesome marching band. Plus as long as the tuba and drum line don't collide its prettty easy to see that even if they don't have a great show they can don't have bad performances either. I think its great fans support the band like they do around here.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitNation
    replied

Originally Posted by West-River_Jack
    I thoroghly enjoyed my game day experience. Unfortunately, there were an awful lot of fans in my section (H) who seemed to totally hate it. They hated the officiating on every play. They hated the play call on every play. They hated the offense. They hated the pass defense. I really don't understand why some people go to a game. They seem to enjoy nothing at all! They complain on every play from the opening kickoff to the final gun. I doubt that beer would help.

BINGO! Isn't that amazing! Beer probably wasn't cold enough at their tailgate, beef overcooked, and too warm of a day too!

Maybe we should have beer and roofies for those folks?

SUPERBUNNY

Hey, come sit by me in the old band section that is full of people who are doing nothing but talk about the Pride. They big question or conversation of the day was, I wonder if I can go down and take pictures of the band? And than I would hear things like, when we kick off you would think the team would have a play set up so they don't get taken down so quickly or why can't the guy throwing the ball not throw it to the player on the other team?

Enough said, and they have 45 yard line tickets just for the band.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Okay, so at least readers of this thread know that this "debate" on beer at CAS is a discussion about something that is currently outside the control of the SDSU administration and the Board of Regents.... I'm glad that's now admitted because when the "discussion" started, I had the impression some thought SDSU's administration and the Board of Regents were really screwing up (beer sales) and I don't like it when people are blamed for events or circumstances which are out of their control.

Any constructive ideas on how to improve the gameday experience? Sounds like many of the irritants at the first home game were successfully addressed at Saturday's game against MSU.

Pie time?

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    It's clear that they don't. But that doesn't mean you can't be for beer sales at CAS. It just means there are additional obstacles to clear. I'm for smoking pot, when state laws obviously don't allow it.
    It's about damn time the Federal and State government start discussing the latter as well.

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I'm thinking about going to the game in Sioux Falls and if I do, likely I'll have a beer. Why would successful beer sales make you laugh?
    You know I have thought about going as well, but I don't know yet. I would laugh it was successful with a grin on my face due to some posters saying that it would ruin the gameplay experience and it would make it unsafe to go to whereas I've said all along it would be a good choice to do it.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I've raised this question before: Any proponents of beer sales care to comment on whether state law would allow beer sales at CAS?
    It's clear that they don't. But that doesn't mean you can't be for beer sales at CAS. It just means there are additional obstacles to clear. I'm for smoking pot, when state laws obviously don't allow it.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Originally posted by witness View Post
    ...Also, I really do hope the USD/NDSU game selling beer is a success and ill just sit back and laugh.
    I'm thinking about going to the game in Sioux Falls and if I do, likely I'll have a beer. Why would successful beer sales make you laugh?

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

I've raised this question before: Any proponents of beer sales care to comment on whether state law would allow beer sales at CAS?

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    I can't disagree with anything you've written. Budgets are tight, and all potential revenue sources need to be weighed. I would be disappointed if the Athletic Department hasn't thought about alcohol sales.
    I guess a risk vs reward. If insurance and liability are factored it might not be cost effective. Building a new stadium would imo be the best time where beer sales and points of contact would be the best to put in the design for where beer sales occur and now to keep track of those drinking with a 2 or 3 beer minimum.

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    can beer companies advertise on campus? is that up to the BOR or school policy? I dont know so i am asking, but if we can sell beer make 20k-50k. and if beer companies can advertise that is more potential revenues beyond the 20k. I know it doesnt seem like much for a multi million dollar budget but a donor giving 100 bucks to the field house seems like an even smaller drop in the proverbial bucket but we all know all donations are important and needed. I think think that costs of tution go up, scholarships go up, travel costs go up, salaries go up, staffing goes up. Budget goes up. adding revenue sources regardless of what it is I think will be considered more and more every year from now. I dont think we are going to get beer at SDSU any time soon but i would bet in less then 10 years their are serious talks about bring beer sales on board because of budget reasons.

I guess one way to prevent that is alumni and donors who dont want beer sales at college sporting events to donate 10s of millions to build a stadium with the stipulation that it remains a dry stadium with no beer sales ever.
    I can't disagree with anything you've written. Budgets are tight, and all potential revenue sources need to be weighed. I would be disappointed if the Athletic Department hasn't thought about alcohol sales.

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

Interesting.

Anybody knowledgeable have a guess on the net for $111,000 in beer sales?

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

can beer companies advertise on campus? is that up to the BOR or school policy? I dont know so i am asking, but if we can sell beer make 20k-50k. and if beer companies can advertise that is more potential revenues beyond the 20k. I know it doesnt seem like much for a multi million dollar budget but a donor giving 100 bucks to the field house seems like an even smaller drop in the proverbial bucket but we all know all donations are important and needed. I think think that costs of tution go up, scholarships go up, travel costs go up, salaries go up, staffing goes up. Budget goes up. adding revenue sources regardless of what it is I think will be considered more and more every year from now. I dont think we are going to get beer at SDSU any time soon but i would bet in less then 10 years their are serious talks about bring beer sales on board because of budget reasons.

I guess one way to prevent that is alumni and donors who dont want beer sales at college sporting events to donate 10s of millions to build a stadium with the stipulation that it remains a dry stadium with no beer sales ever.

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    JackJD or anybody else hearing how the beer sales at Gopher games are going? Any more interest, problems?

The way things go at CAS, beer lines would be extremely long and certainly not worth the effort if you wanted to see the game. I can't see them sending vendors out into the crowd either.

It isn't going to happen anytime soon. First things first, open the tailgate lot up at halftime and after the game.
    http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story...s-total-111000

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

JackJD or anybody else hearing how the beer sales at Gopher games are going? Any more interest, problems?

The way things go at CAS, beer lines would be extremely long and certainly not worth the effort if you wanted to see the game. I can't see them sending vendors out into the crowd either.

It isn't going to happen anytime soon. First things first, open the tailgate lot up at halftime and after the game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X