X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rabbits64
    replied
    Re: Jackrabbit Gameday Experience

correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't the BOR have to approve beer sales? Considering the nature of the South Dakota BOR, this would not happen. Dykehouse is a private area, so it is allowed, but in the public seating areas, I just don't see it, especially on state property. If the stadium was on city of Brookings property and SDSU leased the space, then I could maybe see it happening.

Leave a comment:

• SUPERBUNNY
    replied

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    Well then you should question letting them go out to recess.......the stuff my daughter tells me kids say on the playground is way beyond her years......

To be honest I could care less about beer during the game.....it just saves me a lot of cash, and a DUI..... Coughlin is so cramped I think the chances of beer being spilled all over people and kids is pretty huge. At the SF arena during Summit games there's at least cup holders. Also most people haven't been drinking for 5 hours already........
    This!

I think that whomever didn't get enough to drink in the five hours of tailgating time isn't trying hard enough! Drink up buttercup!

SUPERBUNNY

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    I have heard some pretty lewd/obscene/obnoxious talk in the rows behind me at games, I can't imagine what it would be like with another 3-5 beers in the tank. I sometimes question bringing kids to the games now.
    Well then you should question letting them go out to recess.......the stuff my daughter tells me kids say on the playground is way beyond her years......

To be honest I could care less about beer during the game.....it just saves me a lot of cash, and a DUI..... Coughlin is so cramped I think the chances of beer being spilled all over people and kids is pretty huge. At the SF arena during Summit games there's at least cup holders. Also most people haven't been drinking for 5 hours already........

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

Originally posted by witness View Post
    They get 75,000 because of the suite sales not because of beer. Did you even read the article I posted about Bowling Green deciding to sell alcohol. I'm guessing not. Haha. There will always be "those people" regardless of beer sales or not.
    According to the article I didn't read, Bowling Green netted $25,000 per year from selling beer at games, their attendance is just over 90,000. If SDSU sold beer like Bowling Green, they could net a whopping $17,000.

Like I asked earlier, do you really think the Athletic Department hasn't looked into it? According to the article I didn't read, 83% of FBS schools don't sell beer, are they all behind the times?

BTW, I never said I was against selling beer at football games - if SDSU sold beer at games, I would probably buy a few. I said it would likely make my gameday experience worse (which is what this thread is about).

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I detect a bit of self-righteousness in your position. Maybe you dont have small children, I dont either, but lived a sheltered life and I can understand SF Rabbit Fan's position too. SDSU events should include children, they are the future after all.
    I agree ,"those people" is the classic self-rightous phrase.It might just be a clash of cultures too,young generation vs old generation .The older generation more intent on shielding young children from lifes vices?

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

They get 75,000 because of the suite sales not because of beer. Did you even read the article I posted about Bowling Green deciding to sell alcohol. I'm guessing not. Haha. There will always be "those people" regardless of beer sales or not.
    I detect a bit of self-righteousness in your position. Maybe you dont have small children, I dont either, but lived a sheltered life and I can understand SF Rabbit Fan's position too. SDSU events should include children, they are the future after all.

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Do you really think they haven't?

There is beer in the Dykhouse, do you think that's an accident? BTW, they get ALOT more than $75K for those beer "sales".

"Oops, how the heck did this stuff get in here????"

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Maybe I missed this on Saturday, but I dont recall the loudspeaker announcement that the tailgate area is now closed. Are our fans becoming more disciplined and the announcement is no longer needed? If so thats good. I know of only one arrest in the Backyard and thats been awhile, so overall our tailgaters are being well behaved and following the rules. And if UPD is referred to as the gastopo now what would it be like with beer sales and checking wrist bands etc? The ads as everyone says produce revenue, but what kind of a message does that send to athletes who aspire to clean living? I guess we just ignore that and collect the cash.

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

SDSU would be very shorted sighted to not even look at it.
    Do you really think they haven't?

There is beer in the Dykhouse, do you think that's an accident? BTW, they get ALOT more than $75K for those beer "sales".

"Oops, how the heck did this stuff get in here????"

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

I want to preface this post by saying that I enjoy having beer in the tailgate, and probably go to a bar for drinks 1-2 times a month. I far from a teetotaler.

It was mentioned that West Virginia made $500K selling beer at games (their home attendance was 395,726.

SDSU had a home attendance of 60,527. Assuming SDSU fans would drink beer at the same rate as WV fans, that would result in an extra $76,475.

Its somewhat comical that this thread is about the gameday experience. For me, personally, I can easily imagine beer sales having a very negative effect on my gameday experience. I have heard some pretty lewd/obscene/obnoxious talk in the rows behind me at games, I can't imagine what it would be like with another 3-5 beers in the tank. I sometimes question bringing kids to the games now.

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
    There is no way there will be beer sold at Coughlin for years to come. If there is pushback to allow J. Lohr put his stamp somewhere on the new stadium (as it is alcohol related) in return for a sizeable donation, do you think we would let beer be sold? Dead discussion, why even bring it up, next topic.
    SDSU would be very shorted sighted to not even look at it.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
    There is no way there will be beer sold at Coughlin for years to come. If there is pushback to allow J. Lohr put his stamp somewhere on the new stadium (as it is alcohol related) in return for a sizeable donation, do you think we would let beer be sold? Dead discussion, why even bring it up, next topic.
    Oh yes fine wine, there you go.

Leave a comment:

• rabbits64
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Haha. I posted that link earlier in this thread. Also, SDSU doesn't have six hour tailgates, so they shouldn't have to change much about tailgating as you can't tailgate during halftime or after the game. Also I think a 3-4 beer limit should be used. 1 beer a quarter isn't too much.
    Why not a dozen limit? Then everyone can leave with a buzz. It might even give Scott Hoy more business.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 10-01-2012, 07:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I suspect this link is your source of information. I am still not convinced this a good idea.http://www.toledoblade.com/BGSU/2012...-at-games.htmlWhat the article suggests that there will not be as much tailgating at least not for six hours as it been in the past. You either drink in the staduim with a two drink limit or you leave the facility. No more six hour tailgates. The more I read this article, my mind is changing. They seem to have found ways to controll the consumption, which is very important.
    Haha. I posted that link earlier in this thread. Also, SDSU doesn't have six hour tailgates, so they shouldn't have to change much about tailgating as you can't tailgate during halftime or after the game. Also I think a 3-4 beer limit should be used. 1 beer a quarter isn't too much.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X