Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jackrabbit Gameday Experience

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    More drunken 20 somethings = worse experience for a generation older than the 20 somethings.

And most of the drunks are going to be students and sitting in the student section so they wont be able to fall on, spill on or puke on any of us older than the 20 somethings. So i dont know that it would worsen the game day experience.

Comment

Sorry but people older then 20 can act like jerks when they have had too much to drink.

Comment

So who had a bad time Saturday? Maybe I missed something but I thought it was a pretty darn good night all the way around. Sure, a little more offensive firepower would've been great.

I thought UPD was much better, it was the day of the year as far as weather goes, a very nice crowd, and a Jackrabbit W! 107 posts after what I thought was one of the better gamedays we've had in a while. I'm puzzled.

It wouldn't bother me to have beer in CAS but who didn't have time to get there fill before the game? Heck, I'd slide a couple down. Irrespective of age, if tailgating was allowed plus beer in the stands was allowed there would always be those that would make a spectacle of themselves. Some people know how to control things and some don't. My guess is those that need more are getting a flask into the building anyway. There would also be the vast majority of people that would handle things just fine.

I can't wait for the next home game!

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
          So how does buying beer at the game make your game day experience worse ? I'm just asking because I am coming from a very different place than you.
          A run-in with one drunk, irrespective of their age, would make the experience worse. Of course, there's potential for that now with the tailgating. Beer sales at CAS hasn't been something I've thought about and it's unlikely I'd weigh in if there was an effort to change the law to permit beer sales at college facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            And most of the drunks are going to be students and sitting in the student section so they wont be able to fall on, spill on or puke on any of us older than the 20 somethings. So i dont know that it would worsen the game day experience.
            How does it make it a better game day experience? Were I a student in the student section, I don't think having someone fall on me, spill beer on me or puke on me would enhance my game day experience. Maybe that's just me.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I don't think the age of an obnoxious drunk is relevant to the impact on the game day experience.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                I don't think the age of an obnoxious drunk is relevant to the impact on the game day experience.
                At any field

Comment

Drunken behavior knows no age. If you are "that guy" and drunk there will be a spilling/drunken behavior regardles of age. To think that not selling beer is going to prevent that is simply not true, because people chug beers before they go into games since they don't sell beer. Therefore, they are likely to be more drunk walking into the stadium then if they did sell beer. Not to mention, fans sneak in flasks that they drink during games.
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                    How does it make it a better game day experience? Were I a student in the student section, I don't think having someone fall on me, spill beer on me or puke on me would enhance my game day experience. Maybe that's just me.
                    I honestly don't think it would affect the student section all that much. I'd roughly guess that half of the students in there are under 21.

(Also, that stuff you mention above happens, anyway. Any student that wants to drink at the game is already drinking at the game.)
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I thoroghly enjoyed my game day experience. Unfortunately, there were an awful lot of fans in my section (H) who seemed to totally hate it. They hated the officiating on every play. They hated the play call on every play. They hated the offense. They hated the pass defense. I really don't understand why some people go to a game. They seem to enjoy nothing at all! They complain on every play from the opening kickoff to the final gun. I doubt that beer would help.
                      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                        I thoroghly enjoyed my game day experience. Unfortunately, there were an awful lot of fans in my section (H) who seemed to totally hate it. They hated the officiating on every play. They hated the play call on every play. They hated the offense. They hated the pass defense. I really don't understand why some people go to a game. They seem to enjoy nothing at all! They complain on every play from the opening kickoff to the final gun. I doubt that beer would help.
                        The beer would only generate more hate and violence. Just joking, some people were born with all the wisdom that our coaches and players seemed to have missed out. The price of admission seems allow for them to demonstrate that wisdom.
                        Last edited by Nidaros; 10-03-2012, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                          Holy crap, this is as spot on as I've seen in awhile. I wonder the same thing about plenty of the people around where I sit as well.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            Holy crap, this is as spot on as I've seen in awhile. I wonder the same thing about plenty of the people around where I sit as well.
                            Its the wisdom that you and I dont have, and you got to let it show some how some where!!!

Comment

They are going to sell beer at Howard Wood for the NDSU vs. USD game

http://www.ksfy.com/story/19711714/a...-football-game

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                                They are going to sell beer at Howard Wood for the NDSU vs. USD game

http://www.ksfy.com/story/19711714/a...-football-game
                                Ohh the humanity. Better not bring grandma grandpa or the kids to the game now.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X