Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackrabbit Gameday Experience

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
    I had a GREAT experience last night. Love those those night games. I thought they were more creative on the jumbotrom and what not, good job there. The attendance numbers were very satisfying. The beer tasted good. I thought it was a fun game to watch, jesus it's football not perfection in motion haha I just hear so much bitchin (including myself). Oh well. Our defense plays hard. They are aggressive and they hit passionately. One point that you cant argue and a point that would instantly improve the experience of the game and make those breaks so much more tolerable. SELL BEER INSIDE THE STADIUM. Don't even rationalize why that's a bad idea because it just simply isn't. It's so frickin obvious. Students would have a pulse in the second half, people in general would just up the energy so to speak. I will break my skull if someone disagrees with this obvious idea. Anyways, I've realized that being a fan means that it's on you to have a good time. Expecting to show up and be served into a fun experience is a bull**** mind set. I absolutely despise people that bring that attitude. That being said, I'll criticize whatever I want. Although not really much I can think of that was blatantly wrong about last night. Good job SDSU, let's keep getting better. All in all I'm very satisfied with the level of play in the Missouri Valley and if you don't believe that then you should strap on some pads and go play with those guys, good luck. They're fast and precise, relatively speaking. But just sell some beer for christ sakes, don't be ridiculous. Those my thoughts peace.
    I know of many people that have stated they would have gone to/stayed till end of game if they sold beer. It would add to the experience and it would make the university so much money. Time to move into the 21st century.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
      That's no excuse ! Do I want to know where you hide that thing to get into the game ?
      I always carry an empty backpack and stick the flask in the waistline of my pants. The bag always gets checked out by UPD and they ignore everything else.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Agreed with the beer. Though, if I would have had the option to buy beer last night after my flask was empty, I might have died.
        This made me laugh out loud.

I was legitimately bored last night at the game and the UC Davis game was the same way. They're going to start losing casual fans if things don't pick up. I'm really sick of hearing every ad by the PA guy during breaks as well.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I tailgated in the west paved lot around 5 rows in from the Dykhouse center. Two UPD officers came by on their quads and told a guy south of us to throw his bottle away. Then SHE proceeded to run his plates. I don't know if that is standard protocol, but that's ridiculous.

There is no common sense to those folks, no common sense. No courtesy either. The University needs to reel them.

They really are the Gestapo.

Comment

Did everyone get plenty of bottled water? I almost turned down my meal bottle of water at the Beef Bowl tent. I got to thinking about about the thristy folks from the prior game.

Comment

I thought the game production was pretty good last night. I can't see complaining about the ads. You have to pay the bills. That's just part of the deal. I also like having the band in the end zone, and I think they add a lot to the production. BTW: That was a really great performance by the Pride last night. Lots of new songs and they sounded great. That "Home" Olympics song, the Johnny Cash medley, and Fun, all in one show. That might have been my favorite Pride show of the last few years.

The only things missing were exciting plays by the team. Honestly, in two home games there have been relatively few big plays (only 29 points in two games). I think once things open up a bit on the field, everybody will be a lot happier in the stands. It got pretty loud when ZZ was running 88 yards for a TD.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I am selfish. I would have perfered to get a new stadium. Current one is old out dated and lacking ada things that should be included. Handicap seating stair rails etc. And frankly I wonder how many more years the stadium will even pass engineering safety standards. I figure a new stadium would make more money for a field house. Sell beer in it and profits roll to field house funs and that's a lot of seed money along with potentially more ticket sales etc.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I wouldn't hold my breath on the beer thing. There are very few on-campus venues that allow it,even at the FBS level. Minnesota ,when they played at the Metrodome,was the only Big10 stadium that sold beer,and that was because it was at a non-university owned facility,just like the Arena during the Summit tourney. They do now sell beer at TCF Bank Stadium on a limited basis,but it took a special legislative act to get that done. I think some schools might serve alcohol in preferred seating for higher-end donors,but not on a widespread,available to everyone basis.

Comment

Good god do we have a bunch of whiny ass fans.

Too many ads
                    They don't sell beer
                    I was bored

The game was on TV, so of course there is going to be extra time off. Have you ever been to an NFL game, it is 10 times worse.

There is like 5 schools in the country that sell beer at game (even WI the drinking capital of the world doesn't sell beer).
                    Smuggle in liquor like everyone else or get so stupid f'ed up before the game that you don't remember actually attending the game.

Go to EVERY FBS or FCS game in the country and it will be full of ads. If you whiny a-holes want a nice experience it costs money, because lord knows if ticket prices get too expensive you wouldn't show up, but then you would also complain that quality of the announcers on TV weren't good enough.

Grow up, it is time to be big boy fans. Show up (even if they don't sell beer) or don't. Donate money (and make suggestions on how it could go to improve things) or don't.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post

Too many ads
                      They don't sell beer
                      I was bored

The game was on TV, so of course there is going to be extra time off. Have you ever been to an NFL game, it is 10 times worse.

There is like 5 schools in the country that sell beer at game (even WI the drinking capital of the world doesn't sell beer).
                      Smuggle in liquor like everyone else or get so stupid f'ed up before the game that you don't remember actually attending the game.

Go to EVERY FBS or FCS game in the country and it will be full of ads. If you whiny a-holes want a nice experience it costs money, because lord knows if ticket prices get too expensive you wouldn't show up, but then you would also complain that quality of the announcers on TV weren't good enough.

Grow up, it is time to be big boy fans. Show up (even if they don't sell beer) or don't. Donate money (and make suggestions on how it could go to improve things) or don't.
                      That a kid 64. Give'm hell. What kind of whinning would we hear if we were 0-5 like Missouri State? We are clearly short of amenities at CHS but thing are coming together a piece at a time. New score board, Dykhouse center, new indoor practice (soon). Just keep winning Jacks even if its not the prettiest (sp) win in the world. Give me an ugly win any day over a pretty lose.

It was a great day experience for me....tailgating, 14,000+ fans, great weather a win and the yotes lost. Just does not get any better.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Too many ads
                        They don't sell beer
                        I was bored

I think any thought of selling beer opens a big can of worms. Aramark has its challenges now with long lines and not enought vendors to handle food items. Adding beer would require all sort of additional help in making sure that none is sold to 18 to 20 years old. How will they explain this one to the law when they do sell several beverages to 19 year olds? It will be very embarassing to the AD, PResident and the BOR if this happens. Maybe that explains why only five schools in the country sell beer at a game. The margin on a sale of a bottle of beer is what? Maybe 10 or 15 percent, hardly worth the risk of selling to minors who make up how many of the 12,500 students on campus? They did not sell beer on the opening day of CAS in 1962 and its doubtful there will be beer sold on the closing day of CAS.

Comment

Too many ads
                          They don't sell beer
                          I was bored

Who peed in your crabby flakes this morning. Is it so bad fans would like a better experience?
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Who peed in your crabby flakes this morning. Is it so bad fans would like a better experience?
                            No one peed in 64 crabby flakes, but its one of your ideas that just wont fly any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              I think any thought of selling beer opens a big can of worms. Aramark has its challenges now with long lines and not enought vendors to handle food items. Adding beer would require all sort of additional help in making sure that none is sold to 18 to 20 years old. How will they explain this one to the law when they do sell several beverages to 19 year olds? It will be very embarassing to the AD, PResident and the BOR if this happens. Maybe that explains why only five schools in the country sell beer at a game. The margin on a sale of a bottle of beer is what? Maybe 10 or 15 percent, hardly worth the risk of selling to minors who make up how many of the 12500 students on campus?
                              In a stadium you can control some. Either that or kids underage sneek in booze and drink in the bathroom or mix with sodas. They allow drinkiing in tailgating and I doubt every student back there gets carded. My guess is its a liability thing bit soon in saw 20 years or less most stadiums in the country will just to help bring in revenue as costs continue to go up and schools nned more revenue. Not saying its right or wrong. Just the way its going.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                No one peed in 64 crabby flakes, but its one of your ideas that just wont fly any time soon.
                                What wouldn't? Making a better fan expereince?

Comment

Working...
                                X