• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UC Davis Aggies

12728 attendance
    127 zenner
    234 Sumner
    32-10 good guys win
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I don't know how good UC-Davis will be, but I noticed that they placed 4 players on the Big Sky Pre-Season All Conference 1st Team. Tied for most in the conference which is pretty good for a bigger conference like the Big Sky. Cal Poly for instance only had 1 player and Montana had 2 players.

C - Ray Wilburn
      DE - Bobby Erskine
      S - Kevyn Lewis
      P - Colton Schmidt

http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2012/...710124637.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
        I don't know how good UC-Davis will be, but I noticed that they placed 4 players on the Big Sky Pre-Season All Conference 1st Team. Tied for most in the conference which is pretty good for a bigger conference like the Big Sky. Cal Poly for instance only had 1 player and Montana had 2 players.

C - Ray Wilburn
        DE - Bobby Erskine
        S - Kevyn Lewis
        P - Colton Schmidt

http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2012/...710124637.aspx
        They are good and I am certain they have playoff aspirations and a real shot at it. A much tougher team than SDSU would like for the only OOC home game. That said, SDSU has similar inspirations, is on their home field in front of the home crowd for the first time. Jacks should win this by at least 10 if a playoff birth is the future.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

My thoughts are that we need to score the ball ! Yardage wise we can match the rest of our schedule and into the playoffs, but we need to be more efficient in scoring the ball. Last year we had games where we'd be right there yardage wise, but timely miss cues would kill us. If we can just simply score the ball when we're in position more efficiently, then this team won't have a problem with uc Davis and will be in A-1 position going into the playoffs.
          And I'm excited to watch this team live, mingle, and drink !

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
            My thoughts are that we need to score the ball ! Yardage wise we can match the rest of our schedule and into the playoffs, but we need to be more efficient in scoring the ball. Last year we had games where we'd be right there yardage wise, but timely miss cues would kill us. If we can just simply score the ball when we're in position more efficiently, then this team won't have a problem with uc Davis and will be in A-1 position going into the playoffs.
            And I'm excited to watch this team live, mingle, and drink !
            I know I hammer on this too much but I don't think enough people really get it. Field position in the first half is key. The KU game was lost largely due to an inept punt game and lopsided field position. Scoring is obviously important but sustained drives that eat up clock and move the ball deep into the opponents territory are at least as important. In the same way, competent punting and coverage are critical to that. It goes the same for defense, you don't need to turn UC Davis over (obviously it helps) it you can show the same dominance on defense that we did at KU and SEL.

The Yankton group will be up and ready in the tailgate lot at 10 am. Going to do some pheasant burgers and sheep chislic. Should be a beautiful day not to work and to enjoy Jackrabbit football.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

From the Difference Makers meeting the other evening, Coach Stig said this is a well coached team and well prepared team. Its going to be hard to find mis matches. I expect a good close game tomorrow.

Comment

I heard Stig on 99.1 yesterday and he was recalling our first FCS game at UC Davis. I believe we lost 52-0 to a well prepared Coach Bigg's lead team. Stig has learned a lot since then. I am sticking with my prediction of at least a 14 point Jackrabbit victory.

Comment

Since I accurately predicted the SLU score last week, I'll go ahead and share with the group here what the score this week will be:

SDSU 27
                  UC-Davis 14

Zenner goes for 160
                  Sumner for 250
                  13,025 of us there to witness it.

You're welcome.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I found it interesting that in TV's Blog he mentioned RFR. JeRyan Butler is likely to start at CB opposite of Winston Wright against UC Davis. The reason this comes as a bit of a surprise is that from what I've seen and heard, David Godley seemed to be doing a pretty good job at that spot so far and there is no mention of him being injured.

If there is no injury, this could be a case in which Butler is just playing too well not be on the field rather than the veteran Godley under-performing. If this is the case, I see this as a good sign for the team in terms of depth and talent.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Stig breaks down tomorrow's game with Tyler here:

http://jackrabbitsportsnetwork.podom...06_33_16-07_00

Comment

Originally posted by rjacks21 View Post
                        TV stated on Twitter this afternoon that the athletic department is expecting between 12-13k.
                        I won't complain one bit if they do....however to paraphrase my late father: You can expect in one hand and $h!t in the other and see which gets filled first. In short I stand by my numbers and hope I'm wrong about the attendance and right about the rest.
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                        X