Southeastern Louisiana GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Southeastern Louisiana GDT

Final SDSU 31 SLU 14. A good win for the guys. They earned it the hard way playing in that humidity. Next year we play them again early in the season. A more fitting time would be the third week in November. Lets see how they do in cold and windy weather.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Bad break but inconsequential...we put Zenner back in and he fumbles and Lions run it in for a TD. SDSU 31, SLU 14 about a minute left
      Any road win is good but I'm sure we have things to correct like any other team but also some nice things to build on. Common sense says not to get too excited though as SELA is not very good. Some positives in my opinion: Offensively nice to have a running game and now to put in some quality play action passing plays as Missouri Valley teams will shut down the run or at least slow it down. We have a lot of depth at WR as most of us know but 3 illegal motion plays- 2 by Hubert and 1 by Kool simply can't happen against quality opponents. Tight ends are also very good. Kickoff Return team continues to be very good. Defensively, Peete has shown great promise and teams may have to start doubling him! Lets continue to improve and get another big W next week at Coughlin! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by common sense rabbit View Post
        Any road win is good but I'm sure we have things to correct like any other team but also some nice things to build on. Common sense says not to get too excited though as SELA is not very good. Some positives in my opinion: Offensively nice to have a running game and now to put in some quality play action passing plays as Missouri Valley teams will shut down the run or at least slow it down. We have a lot of depth at WR as most of us know but 3 illegal motion plays- 2 by Hubert and 1 by Kool simply can't happen against quality opponents. Tight ends are also very good. Kickoff Return team continues to be very good. Defensively, Peete has shown great promise and teams may have to start doubling him! Lets continue to improve and get another big W next week at Coughlin! Go Jacks!
        Excellent points. My concerns, WR and RB depth as well as 3rd down defense. Kool is solid but not spectacular, Rollin and Hubert haven't progressed like I hoped they would. Tiefentaler is yet to prove himself and Schneider is too slow.

UC Davis and the home in conference schedule, with the exception of YSU will not present us with the challenges that the remaining road games will. If this team is a playoff team they will demonstrate significant improvement from this week to next culiminating in a dominating win over UC Davis, if not, we are just what some other posters seem to be satisfied with.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          If anybody is expecting blow out wins, that is a fan problem, not a program problem, IMO.

I'm sure there are still Notre Dame fans who expect blowouts every weekend regardless of opponent.

Anybody can beat anybody on any given Saturday. I'm glad for any win, good, bad, or ugly. Its nice to blow teams out, but I can't say I ever expect it.
          Interesting philosophy on life. I prefer to expect the best and accept the results. I like to win and I'm not afraid to expect it.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Excellent points. My concerns, WR and RB depth as well as 3rd down defense. Kool is solid but not spectacular, Rollin and Hubert haven't progressed like I hoped they would. Tiefentaler is yet to prove himself and Schneider is too slow.

UC Davis and the home in conference schedule, with the exception of YSU will not present us with the challenges that the remaining road games will. If this team is a playoff team they will demonstrate significant improvement from this week to next culiminating in a dominating win over UC Davis, if not, we are just what some other posters seem to be satisfied with.
            Here here! I've never figured out how to give rep points on this site, but I sure would give you some if I could. Having the highest grade-point average in the conference year in and year out is all great and all. I'm glad we have smart kids. But I'd trade that for regularly being in the conference title race, and i'd do it in a heartbeat. Maybe some of you wouldn't, but I would. Easy. No questions asked.
            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Nice win! We clearly overpowered SLU, which is awesome. However, we did not execute well in the passing game. Several drops and three false starts by receivers. This will need to be cleaned up, if we want to make the playoffs. We will not be able to overpower the MVC. We will have to execute on every possession.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Good win, though the score didn't show how bad we actually dominated the game. Need to clean some things up, but I am optimistic about the rest of the season.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Congrats to the Rabbits ... you guys kicked our butts up and down the field on both sides of the ball ... not much else to be said other than best of luck the rest of the way!

Comment

Originally posted by royallion05 View Post
                    Congrats to the Rabbits ... you guys kicked our butts up and down the field on both sides of the ball ... not much else to be said other than best of luck the rest of the way!
                    Thanks royalllion.

Any updates on Aaron Rollin? Coach Stig in the post game, that he was being held overnight in the hospital for observation. Sounds like a possible concussion. I hope the nurses treat him good, like I got at Avera-McKennen recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Thanks royalllion.

Any updates on Aaron Rollin? Coach Stig in the post game, that he was being held overnight in the hospital for observation. Sounds like a possible concussion. I hope the nurses treat him good, like I got at Avera-McKennen recently.
                      I assume you're right, but don't know. After the game on the radio, Stig said it was somewhat serious, but not overly serious. In TV's story this morning, the privacy law line, which is bunk when it comes to discussing football games/injuries, was again cited. Hope Aaron bounces back quickly and is ready for conference play or even next weekend, if that's safe.
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                        Here here! I've never figured out how to give rep points on this site, but I sure would give you some if I could. Having the highest grade-point average in the conference year in and year out is all great and all. I'm glad we have smart kids. But I'd trade that for regularly being in the conference title race, and i'd do it in a heartbeat. Maybe some of you wouldn't, but I would. Easy. No questions asked.
                        to give rep points to someone 1 be signed in.2 look down at the little sheriffs star in the lower left of the person to be repped comment box.3 put your little pointer thingy on the star, it will say "add to this persons reputation" and click on it.

Comment

My take from the game. The D played well again. I feel for the most part last week and this week they are a good unit over all with no major glaring issues. Kick off return is pretty solid too after 2 games. Zenner is a stud. At least gandy got some carries this week even though most were scrub time. Our passing game needs to clean it up but I am sure they will. This passing attack imo has big play potentional all the time. Just need to execute better and not always look for the home run ball.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                            In TV's story this morning, the privacy law line, which is bunk when it comes to discussing football games/injuries, was again cited.
                            Pesky privacy laws.....their injuries are our business dammit! How dare they!
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Welp according to Rollin's twitter he has a slight concussion and internal bruising and bleeding in his lungs....he also has to stay in the hospital for another day and can't fly back to Brookings.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/j7hv79

https://twitter.com/5CINCO5/status/244820355598934016

https://twitter.com/5CINCO5/status/244820607202643968
                              Last edited by BigGoosie13; 09-09-2012, 10:31 AM. Reason: forgot a link

Comment

goon: I like your insight: The things that you say seem to be on target, just curious, if you were at the game? There was a nice group of followers at the game, the team and coaches sure do seem to appreciate the crowd that travels to the away games. They all came over to the stands and held up their helmets after the game etc.... Coach Stig always gives the team time to get out there and show their appreciation for those family members. friends, and loyal supporters, immediately following team breakdown. I do want to add two people to that STUD LIST with Zenner, Doug Pete/Andy Mink-what great players and humble people they are!!!!

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                My take from the game. The D played well again. I feel for the most part last week and this week they are a good unit over all with no major glaring issues. Kick off return is pretty solid too after 2 games. Zenner is a stud. At least gandy got some carries this week even though most were scrub time. Our passing game needs to clean it up but I am sure they will. This passing attack imo has big play potentional all the time. Just need to execute better and not always look for the home run ball.
                                Jackolantern

Comment

Working...
                                X