Southeastern Louisiana GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Southeastern Louisiana GDT

Thats what the Jacks needed, someone making a play. Sumner to Schneider for 6, going for 2 and make it easily on the back of another play by Sumner. 21-7 Jacks. Let your playmakers make plays, it will work out.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

21 - 7 Jacks 6:51 in the third

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        I hear on that slow starts have happened year after year, and there isn't an excuse but right it's just a "what if" moment for me. I guess we will never know what would have happened if Sumner didn't dislocate his thumb but the Jacks just needs to get a win and move on to next week.
        I hear you loud and clear, not arguing with your point just making mine. Their seems to be a "legitmate excuse" for a slow start every year. "The schedule is too tough", "the field was too wet", "the QB was smoking dope", "the RB was a much better WR than a RB", etc.....end of rant. Win the game like witness said. 1-0 this week.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Zenner with 210 yards. So happy to see a running game. Zenner is legit

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
            Zenner with 210 yards. So happy to see a running game. Zenner is legit
            I could not agree more. The first time I saw him run the ball I said exactly the same thing, that was some time ago...

Comment

Zenner is definitely legit. How pissed would we be if he gets a knee injury in this garbage time (28-7 SDSU)? Why is he still getting the ball? Give that 3rd stringer some carries.

Comment

Nice to see a solid running game. There goes the single game rushing record. Pretty cool. We needed this kind of tune up to get some momentum.
                “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

SDSU 31, SLU 7
                  12:03 to go in the fourth quarter

Comment

Did anybody not expect this? I fully expected SDSU to throttle SELA if there was any legit shot this team would compete for a playoff spot. I didn't expect any limitations until I saw our punt team against KU. Fortunately or not, we haven't punted much tonight. This is the kind of game the Jacks should dominate. Same thing for next week.

Comment

Still 31-7 with 8:37 to go. SLU goes for it on fourth down,,...incomplete pass (nearly intercepted but works better for us on field position).

Comment

Our first punt of the game comes at 7:35 left in the game.

Comment

Based on our early-season performance over the past several years, it is still easy to "not expect" a blowout win in a game like this. We've been burned to many times in September. At least that's how I feel. It would be awesome to see them get another easy win next week and roll into the conference season.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                            Based on our early-season performance over the past several years, it is still easy to "not expect" a blowout win in a game like this. We've been burned to many times in September. At least that's how I feel. It would be awesome to see them get another easy win next week and roll into the conference season.
                            If anybody is expecting blow out wins, that is a fan problem, not a program problem, IMO.

I'm sure there are still Notre Dame fans who expect blowouts every weekend regardless of opponent.

Anybody can beat anybody on any given Saturday. I'm glad for any win, good, bad, or ugly. Its nice to blow teams out, but I can't say I ever expect it.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Bad break but inconsequential...we put Zenner back in and he fumbles and Lions run it in for a TD. SDSU 31, SLU 14 about a minute left

Comment

Where I am with SDSU football is that I'm happy with wins, but I don't really expect them. The Game Which Shall Never Be Mentioned taught me that.

I was that way with men's basketball too, until sometime around the middle of last year, when the feeling started to come back.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X