Southeastern Louisiana GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Southeastern Louisiana GDT

KULawJack: always, ALWAYS travel with a good AM radio in your pocket on Saturdays when you are uncertain the bar you'll be in (I'm certain you'll be in a bar) may not get WNAX. If you're on the edge of the reception area, the radio should be one made by Sangean -- best AM reception.

Comment

SLU tries a field goal...wide right. SDSU defense doing well. SLU hasn't gotten a first down yet.
      Still 13-0 SDSU.
      About 2:50 left in the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        KULawJack: always, ALWAYS travel with a good AM radio in your pocket on Saturdays when you are uncertain the bar you'll be in (I'm certain you'll be in a bar) may not get WNAX. If you're on the edge of the reception area, the radio should be one made by Sangean -- best AM reception.
        Good to know. I thought I'd be able to pull the gojacks feed on my phone but it didn't work. I need to grab one of the pocket radios.
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Zenner rambles for 51 yards before getting run down.
          Jacks on their 33 yard line
          1:43 to go in the half.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            Good to know. I thought I'd be able to pull the gojacks feed on my phone but it didn't work. I need to grab one of the pocket radios.
            Get the Sangeon DT-210. Sangean's engineers are the world's best on AM reception. They make radios for others including some of the Radio Shack models. I have the DT-210.

Comment

With 32 seconds in the first half, SLU gets its first, first-down.

Next play: Doug Peete in the backfield and again tackels for a loss. Tyler M. says Peete has taken up residency in Louisiana (he's been in the backfield so much).

Comment

Very disappointing first half for the offense. Defense has been stellar. Something has to be done to improve the offensive efficiency. Little excuse for the lack of advantage on the offensive side. SELA has allowed us chances and we have missed them. This game should be well in hand and yet it is not.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

My wife won't let me have the game on the radio at home. I must be in the dog house for something I did or didn't do I need updates here and espn game tracker on my phone. Was at presidents bowl in sf watched washoington high beat up ogorman 24-0. Whs has some really skilled guys. Gerry is for real hander not a shabby QB either.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    Kansas hanging on by the tips of their fingernails vs. Rice in Lawrence right now. Up by 2, but Rice is about to kick a potential game-winning field goal from inside the 20.

The KU game was winnable for the Rabbits. One that got away.
                    Kansas will be lucky to win another game this year. The Jacks had every chance to beat them and didn't execute well enough. I see the same tendency in this game. A great team would be ahead by 30 right now. Jacks may be okay but the first 6 quarters of this season suggest the Jacks won't be great.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Kansas will be lucky to win another game this year. The Jacks had every chance to beat them and didn't execute well enough. I see the same tendency in this game. A great team would be ahead by 30 right now. Jacks may be okay but the first 6 quarters of this season suggest the Jacks won't be great.
                      This is scary, but its only the second game. Hope to see us tear UCDavis up.

Comment

I feel if the Jacks get through this week with a win then we will see the Jacks we all thought they would be next week. Another week of practice for Sumner and also another week of letting his thumb heal. It's a real bummer that he dislocated his thumb in the first place.
                        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                          I feel if the Jacks get through this week with a win then we will see the Jacks we all thought they would be next week. Another week of practice for Sumner and also another week of letting his thumb heal. It's a real bummer that he dislocated his thumb in the first place.
                          I don't buy that as an excuse, this team has had time to adjust to his injury. This is another example of not being as good as we should be to start the season. Its happened year after year after year.

SELA comes out of the half making adjustments like good coaching staffs do and drives for an immediate touchdown. Its not just a coincidence. We lead but not by as much as we should.

I expect the Jackrabbits will win this game but it will be much more of a struggle than it should be. I suppose I need to resign myself to the fact that this is how it will be. I label it underachievement while many just say "it could be worse".

Comment

Glad to see the running game is worth a damn this year

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                              If you haven't already - get teh iJacks app on Android or IPhone. The "premium" edition is like $5 and it worked great for me last year and I used it last week as well. Usually have to have a set of headphones on hand if you are in a noisy place but if driving in the car - the whole car can enjoy the game as well. Well worth the money - you get all radio broadcasts that are on the full version of Jackrabbit Extra.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                I don't buy that as an excuse, this team has had time to adjust to his injury. This is another example of not being as good as we should be to start the season. Its happened year after year after year.SELA comes out of the half making adjustments like good coaching staffs do and drives for an immediate touchdown. Its not just a coincidence. We lead but not by as much as we should.I expect the Jackrabbits will win this game but it will be much more of a struggle than it should be. I suppose I need to resign myself to the fact that this is how it will be. I label it underachievement while many just say "it could be worse".
                                I hear on that slow starts have happened year after year, and there isn't an excuse but right it's just a "what if" moment for me. I guess we will never know what would have happened if Sumner didn't dislocate his thumb but the Jacks just needs to get a win and move on to next week.
                                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                                X