Two Deep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Two Deep

Surprised no one has mentioned seeing Charles Elmore listed as the 2 at the SAM linebacker position. On a different depth chart, it was Matt Romano. To me, it's a bit surprising to see that they're pulling a freshman linebacker's redshirt when it seems we've had a lot of depth at the position over the years. That said, I'm all in favor of letting the best player play, whether that player is a senior or a true freshman.

At Mike linebacker, it looks to me we don't have a ton of depth, though I will say that Jelsma looked really good in the spring game, and Lally from what I remember, nearly had his redshirt pulled last year, so hopefully whatever we're lacking in experience there can be overcome by skill.

Finally, it's a little surprising to see Martinson listed as the 3rd cb behind Wright and Forsythe. Being behind Wright I understand as Wright is solid, but Martinson had his redshirt pulled last year and Forsyth didn't. I can't really add much to this as I don't know the situation at all.

Excited for the season opener next Saturday!

Comment

My initial thought after reading the chart was dang we are still pretty young.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

TV had a feature article on the QB situation in today's Argus: http://www.argusleader.com/article/20120826/SPORTS0202/308260029/SDSU-considers-options-QB?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Home|s

I
        t does sound like backup QB Kline has some potential. I have a feeling we will see what he can do under pressure on Saturday.

Comment

This link includes the depth chart. Just scroll through to the final pages.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...28aaa_sdst.pdf
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
          X