Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Top FCS Quarterbacks 2012

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
    All I know is it will be very fun and interesting to see how young Mr. Sumner progresses in season 2, when the opponents have 9 games worth of tape on him to break down. I expect nothing but progress from him, I'm just saying it will be interesting to see how teams attack the Jacks. He was mostly cool under pressure last year which is impressive as a freshman, and when I saw him in person showed a nack for feeling the pressure and sliding away from it and completing the play.

I have told my wife and friends around Brandon, we all just have to make time to get up to Brookings and see this team play because I think we are going to see something special continue to develop over the next three years.
    Do that and make your home town guy, Sumner feel good. I think it says a great deal when an expert on FCS sees our QB in the top ten. To think we would have had to suffer through another season of unmotivation in TOB. I think TOB did everyone in the Jack family by stepping aside. I am wishing TOB the best in life.

Comment

Also nice to see three MVFC teams represented in a list like this. In the old days we always talked about the quality of play in the North Central Conference, but we have the same thing happening in Division I with the Missouri Valley Football Conference. It is top notch FCS competition and even non-Jacks fans could appreciate the level of play.
      Last edited by JackrabbitGuy; 06-20-2012, 08:13 AM. Reason: my second sentence just didn't make sense so i tried to make myself look less stupid.
      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Can one of you post Sumner's stats for last season? I did some searching and couldn't find them.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
          Can one of you post Sumner's stats for last season? I did some searching and couldn't find them.
          Austin Sumner Games:10
          Eff. Rating: 136.7 Comp-Att-Int: 182-305-9 Comp %: 59.7 Yds: 2382 TDs:16
          Yds/game: 238.2

The kid is going to be really good as he was only a freshman. Two things to consider though is that obviously in a few of these games SDSU was plenty behind and they also didn't have a running game last year so he had to throw a lot. (And maybe that's more impressive?)

Here's his breakdown game-by-game: http://www.gojacks.com/fls/15000/stats/2011_FB/plyr_6.htm

It says he played in 10 games, but he really only played in 8 games last year. If you take away those two games he only threw a few passes in and the yards, he threw for 290 yards per game over the 8 games he started. Pretty impressive stuff.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Sumner is good and could be really good.

If the Jacks develop a consistent running game and the defense gets to where it was in their playoff year they will be a tough game for anyone.

Comment

Working...
            X