Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pro Day Results

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
    Anyone see a mock draft? Is Moss potentially getting drafted?
    I quickly looked through 2 or 3 of the draft magazines. They each listed about 25 -30 wide receivers,and Dale was not mentioned in any of them,not even in the sleeper category.

Comment

I honestly think that it is becoming more and more realistic that Dale is gonna get drafted (rounds 6 or most likely 7)....before today their was just a few scouts and teams that were considering him, and mostly likely going to acquire him through the undrafted free agency route. However, Dale blew up today, now these teams are going to have to draft him to get first dibs on him.....if they don't Moss is going to have quite a few teams to pick from in free agency like Cochart did last year. For some reason, I have this gut feeling that he is either going to be a Patriot or Packer...they just seem like the teams that find underated players full of potential like Dale Moss.
      Last edited by BigGoosie13; 03-22-2012, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        measurement- fine, as expectedweight- good, maybe a tad more then expected which would be good40 yard- solidVertical- 41.5"....41" was the #1 at the combine for WR's/45" is the recordBroad jump- 10'10" would have been 5th at the combine3 cone drill- 6.44 is combine record, 6.5 was fastest this year, so a 6.32 is really good20 yard shuttle- 4.08 wouldn't have been top 14 but close60 yard shuttle- 10.82- would have been #2 at the combine.... 10.75 was #1 which is the recordBench- hard to tell.... Michael Floyd whose other numbers stack up and measurables stacked up did 16 reps.
        I think you better go back and check those comparisons with the link provided earlier in this thread. I think some of your comparisons are wrong. I'm on my phone or I'd do it.

This is all from memory so I could be off
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
          Anyone see a mock draft? Is Moss potentially getting drafted?
          there are different people on twitter that are associated with mockdrafts or draft scouting and a few said with his performance he should get drafted. I've seen as high as 5th round. but who knows

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            I think you better go back and check those comparisons with the link provided earlier in this thread. I think some of your comparisons are wrong. I'm on my phone or I'd do it.

This is all from memory so I could be off
            Yeah, I looked back, I had every year but 2012 showing up. I think I fixed it.

Comment

With numbers like that, I guarantee (you heard it here first!) that he gets drafted. Every year guys put up crazy numbers and they end up being drafted on the merits of their workouts, not necessarily their body of work on the field (not a dig at him, but the dude only had a year). Moss earned that today.

Comment

Good luck to Dale. Love to see him play on Sundays.

Comment

A couple of articles about the Pro Day from the Yankton P&D. They typically lean toward USD but focused their coverage on Moss.

http://www.yankton.net/articles/2012...2052784199.txt

http://www.yankton.net/articles/2012...6100706610.txt

Comment

I can guarantee Moss will be drafted in my fantasy football league...
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I think Dale Moss in purple and yellow would look very nice (next best uni compared to blue and yellow). Somebody tell Spielman about this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        A couple of articles about the Pro Day from the Yankton P&D. They typically lean toward USD but focused their coverage on Moss.

http://www.yankton.net/articles/2012...2052784199.txt

http://www.yankton.net/articles/2012...6100706610.txt
                        I've visited with both James and Jeremy about their coverage and they really are the daily paper for Vermillion and USD as well as Mount Marty College and the Yankton sports scene. The extra coverage of the Jackrabbits has been exceptional in my opinion. You are correct, they more than just lean towards USD they are basically the beat writers for the Coyotes.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I've visited with both James and Jeremy about their coverage and they really are the daily paper for Vermillion and USD as well as Mount Marty College and the Yankton sports scene. The extra coverage of the Jackrabbits has been exceptional in my opinion. You are correct, they more than just lean towards USD they are basically the beat writers for the Coyotes.
                          I might add that I have noted similar comments on the USD Board. Mick Garry seem to be such a failure in some of the Yote fans, although, they have as good, but not nearly as good of a beat writer as TV. No one tops TV, and maybe that explains why they tear down Garry. But what about Stu? He is hardly pro SDSU. I have always enjoyed the Yankton D & P even when Hod Nielsen used to question what was going on at the school to the north.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            I might add that I have noted similar comments on the USD Board. Mick Garry seem to be such a failure in some of the Yote fans, although, they have as good, but not nearly as good of a beat writer as TV. No one tops TV, and maybe that explains why they tear down Garry. But what about Stu? He is hardly pro SDSU. I have always enjoyed the Yankton D & P even when Hod Nielsen used to question what was going on at the school to the north.
                            Hod is still around. Doesn't have the intellect he use to but can still talk about the coyotes and Jackrabbits. He still has healthy dislike for everything SDSU.

Jeremy Hoeck is very good at what he does and isn't afraid to use current social media to get info out in front of readers. I was unfairly hard on him about some of his pro-USD stuff around FB season and before BB season. I was wrong, he was just finding his way. Sorry for the aside.

As for Dale, its amazing how dedicated he has been to this process. A 22 or 23 year old kid who isn't guaranteed anything for his effort is going through some of the most rigorous and disciplined work outs imaginable and he seems to be thriving. I can't even imagine how difficult it is both mentally and physically. I have an enormous respect for what he is doing and a much greater perspective about the effort involved to compete at the professional level.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              We are very lucky to have TV. Mick Garry as a beat writer is a joke and I can see why they complain. He and Stu must be buddies or maybe he is grandfathered in at the Argus? You look at the two bodies of work and there is no comparison between him and TV.

Great day for Dale and for SDSU. We all have to be thrilled with the attention our school is getting so far this year.

Comment

Hod is still around. Doesn't have the intellect he use to but can still talk about the coyotes and Jackrabbits. He still has healthy dislike for everything SDSU.

Hod worked for and with my dad at KYNT doing Yankton High School and Yankton College fb and bb games. Went to a lot of games with them as a kid and in high school keeping stats for them. When I graduated from YHS my dad said I could go anywhere as long as it Wasn't USD.

Comment

Working...
                                X