Dale Moss the Sports Block tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dale Moss the Sports Block tonight

Dale Moss will call into the Sports Block at 8:15 tonight to talk about his upcoming pro day on Thursday at USD. 90.7 FM in the Brookings area and live streaming on ksdjradio.com. Questions are welcomed.
    Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
    Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Re: Dale Moss the Sports Block tonight

I think its cool that Dale is doing his pro day at USD. Is this something the two athletic departments worked together on? If so, that's a nice sign for the rivalry.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      I think its cool that Dale is doing his pro day at USD. Is this something the two athletic departments worked together on? If so, that's a nice sign for the rivalry.
      I think Dale has stated about running on artificial turf inside at the dome and I think that fact that working out at the same place as Tom Compton can only help.
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I think I also read once that he wanted to it at the dome so he can run some routes for the scouts. I think that is one of the question marks on him and he wants to show that he is making progress.

Comment

I understand Dale wanting to run inside on turf for pro day, but how did the logistics work out? Did his agent set it up with USD? Or did Sell call Sayler and ask for a favor? Is Dale paying for use of the facilities?
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

You don't have to have your pro day where you went to school at. There was some Augustana guys and others at the SDSU pro day at Frost last season. The USD O-lineman will be there too.
            Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              I understand Dale wanting to run inside on turf for pro day, but how did the logistics work out? Did his agent set it up with USD? Or did Sell call Sayler and ask for a favor? Is Dale paying for use of the facilities?
              Schools in the general area will work together on Pro Days. Right now SDSU doesn't have the facilities to do a good Pro Day. Last year they were having the WRs run routes on the basketball court and with Dale being looked at, the use of the basketball court probably wasn't ideal. NDSU held Pro Day today and there were probably area colleges athletes that attended. The Pro Day tomorrow will have athletes from at least SDSU, USD, and Augie.

Comment

http://chirb.it/AtIGz7 The Spots Lounge Podcast:
                This week, we podcast with the founder of The Sports Lounge, Travis Kriens to talk about Peyton Manning, the Denver Broncos, Tim Tebow, Bounties, Brackets and Bojangles.

0:00-11:00 Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos, Tim Tebow, New York Jets talk
                11:00-20:00 New Orleans Saints, Greg Williams talk
                20:00-32:00 SDSU Jacks basketball and NCAA Tournament talk
                32:00-42:00 Charlotte Bobcats and talk about the American South East

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  Schools in the general area will work together on Pro Days. Right now SDSU doesn't have the facilities to do a good Pro Day. Last year they were having the WRs run routes on the basketball court and with Dale being looked at, the use of the basketball court probably wasn't ideal. NDSU held Pro Day today and there were probably area colleges athletes that attended. The Pro Day tomorrow will have athletes from at least SDSU, USD, and Augie.
                  The main reason is that it's easier for USD/SDSU/NDSU etc. that have potential athletes to get more exposure by doing it together with other schools. What's the point of having Dale Moss workout in front of 3-4 scouts when you can get a few players together and a few more scouts there as well.

It's not like Alabama/LSU where you'll have every scout from the NFL there to watch because they have a large group of players working out.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                    The main reason is that it's easier for USD/SDSU/NDSU etc. that have potential athletes to get more exposure by doing it together with other schools. What's the point of having Dale Moss workout in front of 3-4 scouts when you can get a few players together and a few more scouts there as well.

It's not like Alabama/LSU where you'll have every scout from the NFL there to watch because they have a large group of players working out.
                    No disagreement there. I was able to work w/ an athlete from NDSU and Augie the last few months and the athlete from Augie was excited that there was going to be quite a few scouts watching both Moss and Compton, as it allowed him to get seen by those same scouts.

Comment

Per TV's Twitter:

"Where @DaleMoss would have ranked in the NFL Combine regardless of position: 1st 3-cone (6.38), 2nd vertical (41.5), 6th broad jump (10-10)."

Wow.
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                      X