Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Signing Day: GDT

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
    You guys crack me up........we all know that what he was saying is that their class fits better into the NSIC than he feels our class will in the MVC. You really thought he was comparing classes head to head? I have some ocean front property in my hometown in SD I want to sell ya!
    I know you're giving Craig Mattick the benefit of the doubt, but sadly, if given the chance to clarify his comment, he would erase all doubt by reinforcing the absurdity of the statement.

Actually, that would be a good call-in question for the show, though I won't be tuning in to ask it.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      I know you're giving Craig Mattick the benefit of the doubt, but sadly, if given the chance to clarify his comment, he would erase all doubt by reinforcing the absurdity of the statement.

Actually, that would be a good call-in question for the show, though I won't be tuning in to ask it.
      And in fact, he did exactly that, a few moments before they brought Stig on the air to talk about the (admittedly wretched and inferior) SDSU recruits.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

So in a couple years nsu will have the best record then correct. 3 years from now we should look back and see what teams are doing the best and play a clip of his quote back to him. So who wants to volenteer.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

we should play an exibition game with nsu in 3-4 years and see how that ends up.. probably would get those radio dudes fired. i would predict 38-0

Comment

Do we really feel slighted by a couple idiots?
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              no way jose, no way

Comment

Slighted? No.

An opportunity to call them out on their idiocy? Oh, you betcha.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

An opportunity to call them out on their idiocy? Oh, you betcha.
                  And I think that is completely necessary; it's one of my favorite things to do. It just seemed to draw a lot of ire. I expected more 'pointing and laughing' type remarks, I guess.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

And I think that is completely necessary; it's one of my favorite things to do. It just seemed to draw a lot of ire. I expected more 'pointing and laughing' type remarks, I guess.
                    I suppose I have the benefit, living in Kansas City, of being able to listen to some of the best local sports talk shows in the country, so that kinda skews my perceptions a bit.

And no, Minneapolis/St. Paul isn't nearly as "mature" a sports market as Kansas City is, ESPECIALLY when it comes to college athletics. How many D-I schools are there in Minnesota, anyway? (Other than the rather ridiculous hockey D-I schools, I mean.)
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      You serious? Those guys probably can't name every team in the MVFC let alone speak to anything about the football that is played in the conference.

I would be shocked if they could name every team in the NSIC.

Comment

Actually, the comment was the cherry-on-top of a fantastic signing day. The only way it could have been better is if Mr. Mattick tried to rationalize his statement.

Hearing something crazy is funny, but hearing someone explain their crazy is hilarious.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

I've never listened to them, and based on the comments I see here, I don't plan to anytime soon.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
                            I would be shocked if they could name every team in the NSIC.
                            With SDSU's move up, I know I couldn't

Comment

Anyone do analysis of those offers we had that didn't sign with us? Where did they end up? Also - any indicators of who we might be targeting yet with the 2-3 left open (Brodie rule)?

Comment

Interesting thread on Mike Shoff from the Husker board.

Some of their fans have been pretty high on him for a few years now.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php...ol-mike-shoff/

Comment

Working...
                                X