Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Recruiting List

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Jeske is the last one from SDSU that i can think of that moved postions and did really well in doing so.
    Hoogeveen (sp?) was another. Lots of college players are QBs in HS.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
      Looks like we got commitment number 6, Jacob Ohnesorge, an All State Center from Wisconsin.....https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec/s...99103576809472

More info: http://host.madison.com/sports/colum...a4bcf887a.html
      Looks like he needs to add some beef: http://www.ncsasports.org/football-r...acob-ohnesorge

Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc4Nbyv8IuQ
      Wasnt that about were castle came into the program also?
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Wasnt that about were castle came into the program also?
        Until last year (Shoff and Carr were huge freshmen), I believe most of our offensive linemen came in at around 250-260 lbs range. Brian Witzmann was right around 250 lbs as a true freshman and now he's 300 lbs and an All American. Weight coming in doesn't really matter that much unless they are going to play right way, what matters is how much muscle/weight can be put on their frame through a college weight lifting/diet program.

Mr. Ohnesorge will have no problem reaching the 290-300 lbs range.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          Until last year (Shoff and Carr were huge freshmen), I believe most of our offensive linemen came in at around 250-260 lbs range. Brian Witzmann was right around 250 lbs as a true freshman and now he's 300 lbs and an All American. Weight coming in doesn't really matter that much unless they are going to play right way, what matters is how much muscle/weight can be put on their frame through a college weight lifting/diet program.

Mr. Ohnesorge will have no problem reaching the 290-300 lbs range.
          That's what I was sort of implying. Our current center has been pretty darn good. As long as they have the frame for it they can build up that muscle and get that extra weight.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Frame is more important than weight, you can put 300 lbs on a 6'6" much easier then you can put it on 6'0

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              Frame is more important than weight, you can put 300 lbs on a 6'6" much easier then you can put it on 6'0
              Riley Reiff is a good example
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Saw it mentioned on twitter that OL 6'5 285lb Joe Stephens from Champlin Park HS in Minnesota committed to SDSU the other day.

Nick Clark ‏@SunSportsNick
                I've confirmed with Champlin Park head coach Mike Korton that senior lineman Joe Stephens has committed to play at South Dakota State.

Comment

Also didn't see this player mentioned but saw that OL Charles Harmon from O'Fallon Illinois has an offer from SDSU now. Also has offers from Illinois State, Holy Cross, and Florida Atlantic.
                  http://247sports.com/Player/Charles-Harmon-19954
                  Coach Joggerst ‏@OFallonFootball
                  Offensive Tackle Class of 2013 Charles Harmon offered by South Dakota State.

Comment

Per - Nick Robinson ‏@theFRANCHISE_9 (Sports Writer for Yankton Paper)
                    Kellen Soulek has verbally committed to South Dakota State to play football for the Jackrabbits.
                    Retweeted by Jeremy Hoeck (Sports writer for Yankton paper)

I wonder if this means Ty Soulek (brother) will be on roster come this Spring. Ty committed to UNI last year and then left during early part of the year and is presumably a student at SDSU this semester.

*added from TV: Terry Vandrovec ‏@TerryVandrovec
                    Twitter chatter between bros Ty and Kellen Soulek from Yankton indicate both will play football at SDSU.
                    Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 12-17-2012, 11:24 AM. Reason: added TV's tweet.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Kellen Soulek has verbally committed to South Dakota State to play football for the Jackrabbits.

I wonder if this means Ty Soulek (brother) will be on roster come this Spring. Ty committed to UNI last year and then left during early part of the year and is presumably a student at SDSU this semester.

Twitter chatter between bros Ty and Kellen Soulek from Yankton indicate both will play football at SDSU.
                      Good news, there was a Soulek who was maybe a year or two older maybe Tom Brokaw's age who played for Yankton, might be the grand dad to these young kids. A Yanton athlete is worth his weight in gold. They usually end up at USD since its only 26 miles away.

Comment

I see your question has been answered. I know they both wanted to play for the Jackrabbits. There is a lot of potential for these 2 young men.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I see your question has been answered. I know they both wanted to play for the Jackrabbits. There is a lot of potential for these 2 young men.
                          Any more inside information on them (HT, Wt, their play at Yankton,etc)?

Comment

Any more inside information on them (HT, Wt, their play at Yankton,etc)?
                            Both big, strong kids 6'4" or 6'5" and 270-280. Kellen, the younger one, is felt by most to be a better prospect. Ty was impressive enough to get the offer from UNI. Jacks under previous OC did not offer Ty or he would have been a Jackrabbit right away.

It is the opinion of some observers that they haven't necessarily reached their potential for a variety of reasons. I think they could both contribute. I assume Ty will be on the O-line. I think Kellen may be projected at D-tackle. I could very easily be wrong.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

With Kellen Soulek being commit 7 (not counting Ty since he is technically a transfer or walk-on), we now have commits 8 & 9 in Eron and Stacy Keely, a big pair of twins from Omaha (more info to come in the following post)...... https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec/status/280768316660912128

Comment

Here is Stacy Keely's rivals page, he is listed as a 6'8 WR and was the state high jump champ last year jumping 6'10..... http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...y-Keely-142422

Here is Eron Keely's highlight reel, he is listed as a 6'7 WR/TE.... http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2147638/highlights/23309390

Comment

Working...
                                X