2013 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Recruiting List

I saw Braun mentioned on twitter as well from another person. Said South Dakota St had offered as well as Adams State out of Colorado (a D-II RMAC school) and that he had 4 offers total.

Comment

Was just looking through the listing on page 1, and noticed that you still have Dan Bell listed as an offer without a commitment. He committed to UND back in late summer / early fall. I know it isn't listed on rivals (or scout if I remember correctly), but here is an espn article talking about it. One thing to note, though, is that I think it was a soft verbal and he was still hoping for an FBS school to offer. But I just thought I'd throw that out there.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfr...h-dakota-offer
      Fighting Sioux

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        Dalton Douglass a QB from California committed today, another one who has an offer is visiting this weekend.

Both are more of the dual threat/athlete type of QB, so I'm not sure if a possible position change could happen, This recruit mentions on his video that he would play WR or RB

http://blog.pe.com/hs-gametime/2012/...-dakota-state/

Here is his Scout profile

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=5753387

Video

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/447808/highlights/17361413
        When I saw Dalton's QB stats I just figured he was going to be playing a different position in college, but then I watched the video and now I'm not quite sure. The kid has all the physical tools to play the position and a good arm, but what really stood out was how fast his release time was. Couple of those plays in the video he made out of the pocket I assumed he was taking off to run and then out of no where he threw a frozen rope to his receiver.

He is pretty raw (he wasn't even lined up as at QB in some of his highlights), but he might be worth at least starting him out as a QB in college and see how well he picks it up, and then if that doesn't work out move him else where. Very exciting athlete regardless of where he plays.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          When I saw Dalton's QB stats I just figured he was going to be playing a different position in college, but then I watched the video and now I'm not quite sure. The kid has all the physical tools to play the position and a good arm, but what really stood out was how fast his release time was. Couple of those plays in the video he made out of the pocket I assumed he was taking off to run and then out of no where he threw a frozen rope to his receiver.

He is pretty raw (he wasn't even lined up as at QB in some of his highlights), but he might be worth at least starting him out as a QB in college and see how well he picks it up, and then if that doesn't work out move him else where. Very exciting athlete regardless of where he plays.
          I thought the same thing.He's a good passer.My concern,he'd be a backup to Summner and Kline for three years and we wouldn't get to use his athletic skills sooner if he wasn't switched.I guess him and the coaching staff will figure it all out to everyones satisfaction.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            I thought the same thing.He's a good passer.My concern,he'd be a backup to Summner and Kline for three years and we wouldn't get to use his athletic skills sooner if he wasn't switched.I guess him and the coaching staff will figure it all out to everyones satisfaction.
            I had a similar view, and without knowing the competition I'm not sure how really to evaluate other things. But I like recruiting QB's like this, who if they don't look like they have a shot at being QB after 2 years they can find a position for them somewhere on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Programs need to bring in at least one QB per class as an insurance policy. Things like injuries,transfers or academic problems can jump out of nowhere. What looks like a position of strength one week can turn around in an instant.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Programs need to bring in at least one QB per class as an insurance policy. Things like injuries,transfers or academic problems can jump out of nowhere. What looks like a position of strength one week can turn around in an instant.
                I agree, but would also add that QB is an incredibly hard position to project, so to off-set that, you need to bring in quantity to the position.

"Can't Miss" QB prospects turn out to be duds all the time, because even if a player has all the physical tools, it's hard to predict whether they'll have the decision making skills, anticipation, and mental fortitude to be successful at the position. In turn, kids who have underwhelming physical attributes have turn out to be great college QBs.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

I agree, but would also add that QB is an incredibly hard position to project, so to off-set that, you need to bring in quantity to the position."Can't Miss" QB prospects turn out to be duds all the time, because even if a player has all the physical tools, it's hard to predict whether they'll have the decision making skills, anticipation, and mental fortitude to be successful at the position. In turn, kids who have underwhelming physical attributes have turn out to be great college QBs.
                  ie....Ryan Berry. The first time I saw him throw...I remember saying to myself...this kid isn't going to last. I still give a lot of credit to the oc we had at that time...cant remember his name but he left the program for a private job out west somewhere.Go Jacks!!
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Oklahoma is known to recruit lots of QBs. Not necessarily to play QB, but because they are usually the best athlete on a high school team. It also gives you a lot of choice at a very important position.
                    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                      Oklahoma is known to recruit lots of QBs. Not necessarily to play QB, but because they are usually the best athlete on a high school team. It also gives you a lot of choice at a very important position.
                      South Dakota State has done that as well, however most of them come in knowing they won't be QB's, I wonder if this recruit is different, where he has a chance to be a qb, but if they feel the progression isn't there or others are better, he will be used at another position. But again that is just speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                        South Dakota State has done that as well, however most of them come in knowing they won't be QB's, I wonder if this recruit is different, where he has a chance to be a qb, but if they feel the progression isn't there or others are better, he will be used at another position. But again that is just speculation.
                        Jeske is the last one from SDSU that i can think of that moved postions and did really well in doing so.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Looks like we got commitment number 6, Jacob Ohnesorge, an All State Center from Wisconsin.....https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec/s...99103576809472

More info: http://host.madison.com/sports/colum...a4bcf887a.html
                          Looks like he needs to add some beef: http://www.ncsasports.org/football-r...acob-ohnesorge

Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc4Nbyv8IuQ

Comment

Per TV tweet CB - Chris Parker, 5'11" 190, Sioux Falls, SD (Washington) http://bit.ly/JmwsSY
                            Gave verbal to Montana.

Comment

Earlier in this thread I said that I thought we were recruiting him as an ATH more than a QB, but after watching his jr. year highlights, I believe that he will be a QB. His JR year video shows him making alot more intermediate throw (5-15 yds), throws more realistic to running an offense than all the bombs shown in his Sr. highlights. He makes some really good throws in this video, even though they are only 10-15 yards down the field, he does a good job of throwing the ball over the linebackers and in front of the secondary to the receiver. These throws are difficult throws to make. I think we got ourselves a good qb that happens to be a great athelete.

Here is his junior year video I was referencing..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQSZQA5zUtA

Comment

Somebody liked what they saw. He's somehwere between 6'2 and 6'4" goes 200lbs and runs a 4.69 40 with great release. He's an athlete. Thing is he can play multiple positions.
                                “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X