Eidsness new OC...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eidsness new OC...

Per Tyler Merriam, Eidsness has been named OC...sounds good to me!
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Re: Eidsness new OC...

That makes a lot of sense... Eric was the OC back in the mid to late 90's when Josh Ranek was shattering all of SDSU's rushing records. If he can get the running game built back up alongside Sumner, we're going to have a very dangerous team for the next few years.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

With the $ available I don't they could have done better going outside.

Comment

This is a good move. Experience, not much change to the program, and in my opinion a massive improvement will occur in the play calling. Where I feel Meadows was very good at was the o-line, curious to see who the bring on for that role.

Comment

Eidness had head coaching experience at SWMSU, so I would think he know a great deal about all parts of the game, plus he knows how Coach Stigs and and what he expects. A great move.

Comment

Good, smart move by Stig. Now they need to get a good fit at O-Line coach. Will be curious to see how the offense might look different next year with E in complete control.
            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I think most of knew this would be the case, Not a great time of year to find a new coach out their. I still think we should try to get Wilkinson back, but to keep recruiting going, I think it was the best option, would have been nice to get a new coach with some different areas to bring in some guys maybe but I think we will be ok with Eidness.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

i played golf with eric this summer and he's a cool customer and most importantly an excellent greens reader.. which of course carries over to offensive play calling, scheming ect..

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                  Good, smart move by Stig. Now they need to get a good fit at O-Line coach. Will be curious to see how the offense might look different next year with E in complete control.
                  Agree with the move of Eidness to OC. Now lets not bog him down with other responsibilites like Luke had. Money would solve some of our issues. Coach's having multiple tasks vs focusing on one aspect of the game never results in a good out come. We clearly need additional coach's - but that costs money. We've done remarkable well with what resources we have.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Eidsness as HC at SWSU was a QB developer, ran almost a true pro-style offense and threw in a mix of running and spread formations.

This move can only help our passing game which has the potential to go through the roof with Sumner and all of the receivers that return.

Besides that though, his balanced play calling and emphasis on both running and passing will allow SDSU to keep defenses off balance and manage leads (I don't see a Montana type collapse with his play calling).

Although Sumner was given a lot of leash over the last 3-4 games this season, his big plays earlier in the season were not as much designed as due to the extreme talent of Sumner/Moss/Rollin. This will not happen with Eidsness, you will see an open playbook. He trusts his players and will not reign their talents in as Meadows seemed to do on too many occasions.

Comment

It looks like the players are happy about Coach Eidsness taking over as OC!!!! (my source is the players twitter accounts)

Comment

Working...
                      X