X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meadows to FAU?

Best wishes and luck to Coach Meadows.

Change will be good for all sides.

Curious to see what Stig has up his sleeve.

Go Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Just curious Carl Pelini, is he a brother or son of BO? I would agree the FAU job was much better from a salary point of view, but a tough one. FAU has went through a bunch of coachs since starting their program. Luke could find himself heading back north after a few years at FAU. Good luck to Luke and family. Enjoy the nice climate.
      Brother. http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1354988

Comment

Just curious Carl Pelini, is he a brother or son of BO? I would agree the FAU job was much better from a salary point of view, but a tough one. FAU has went through a bunch of coachs since starting their program. Luke could find himself heading back north after a few years at FAU. Good luck to Luke and family. Enjoy the nice climate.
        Carl is the OLDER brother of Bo. On some sports shows, the FAU program was on a list of the worst BCS programs. However, to be in Florida with all it has to offer, including a boat load of available recruits, would be an excellent step for Pelini, Meadows, and the coach from UNI. I think it is interesting all the blue collar coaches that are heading that way. It will be interesting to see if they can spread that culture to a FAU program that is looking for an identity.

Comment

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/pos...uesday-tidbits

I like the way Meadows put he was looking forward to making people eat their words. Can't blame him for being ready for a change a a pay bump. How quickly we forgot the records they put up in 2008.

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

"Making people eat their words a little bit"....or, to put it more kindly, "putting a product on the field that meet's our expectations". And the "our" would be the coaching staff.

Good luck to Luke. Hope his skin get's thicker down south.
            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I know its been unseasonably cold in Florida while being unseasonably warm in South Dakota, but FAU's campus is located a tad over 2 miles from the beach. I've never been there but looking at it from Google Earth it looks like one heck of a nice place. I think in 2-5 years we will look at this and say it was a win win situation. but thats just my guess

Comment

Dare I suggest that an unemployed (last I knew) coach from Vermillion, with a master's degree from SDSU, be considered as a replacement candidate for assistant head coach? The guy has extensive experience that could help the offense as well as recruiting. It's worth considering.
                This space for lease.

Comment

I think the coach you are referring to was more of a defensive coach and he and Stig would work together about as well as oil and water. Unless we are thinking of different coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    Dare I suggest that an unemployed (last I knew) coach from Vermillion, with a master's degree from SDSU, be considered as a replacement candidate for assistant head coach? The guy has extensive experience that could help the offense as well as recruiting. It's worth considering.
                    The guy (Meirkort) was an idiot and couldn't get along with people in his own department. Despite his offensive teams, he is so far from a fit for our university it would be a terrible hire.

Comment

FAU is a gorgeous campus well north of W. Palm Beach. Lots of new buildings, and development on campus. Actually worked for a consulting engineering firm that did the land use/storm drain work for the campus.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                        FAU is a gorgeous campus well north of W. Palm Beach. Lots of new buildings, and development on campus. Actually worked for a consulting engineering firm that did the land use/storm drain work for the campus.
                        No doubt a good enviroment to be in terms of weather, but the history of the FAU program is not full of success. I trying to think of the senior coach who was 70 something when he took over a few years ago, and now he is gone and I suspect there has been two or three other head coaches since then. No doubt they are looking for stability in hiring Carl Pelini. Coach apparently is looking for stable assistants in order to get things going. Its a credit to Coach Stig that his top assistant is held in high regards by a Nebraska coach and offered him the job. I know SDSU made a few visits to Nebraska in the early days of the transition periods, so I suspect this is how Luke got a acquainted with Pelini.

Comment

No doubt a good enviroment to be in terms of weather, but the history of the FAU program is not full of success. I trying to think of the senior coach who was 70 something when he took over a few years ago, and now he is gone and I suspect there has been two or three other head coaches since then.
                          That would be Howard Schnellenberger: http://www.fausports.com/sports/m-fo..._howard00.html

He was former Head Coach of the famed University of Miami team back in their glory years of the early 80's. He planned on retiring at the end of this season.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            That would be Howard Schnellenberger: http://www.fausports.com/sports/m-fo..._howard00.html

He was former Head Coach of the famed University of Miami team back in their glory years of the early 80's. He planned on retiring at the end of this season.
                            Thats the guy,and he has held on at FAU until now? I guess I need to look at their web page. I thought he had left some time ago.
                            Did look at the web page at FAU and Schellenberger has done a very good job at FAU. He won a few games and this past season was his worst with only one win. I had thought he had left after the first seaon, but am wrong.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 01-12-2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

The person I'd love to see back on the staff is Daren Wilkinson, and it wouldn't be entirely out of the realm of possibility either.

He was the QB coach at Colorado State this past year, but they have had a coaching change and seems to be in limbo at the moment. From what I read he is receiving an interview opportunity under the new CSU regime, but I haven't found anything saying whether he has or hasn't got the job yet.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Totally agree - I hope we are approaching him about a possibility. Although I think him and Eidsness may have some crossover as to what position responsibilities and knowledge base they may bring to the table - so that may hinder the possibility. Either way, I always felt Wilkinson was a great coach and if I recall really got us started in Arizona recruiting wise with the Batten/Rogers/Jackson class.

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                                The person I'd love to see back on the staff is Daren Wilkinson, and it wouldn't be entirely out of the realm of possibility either.

He was the QB coach at Colorado State this past year, but they have had a coaching change and seems to be in limbo at the moment. From what I read he is receiving an interview opportunity under the new CSU regime, but I haven't found anything saying whether he has or hasn't got the job yet.
                                Last edited by jackrabbit1979; 01-12-2012, 02:15 PM.
                                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                                X