Hobo Day against SIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobo Day against SIU

Since everyone else seems to want to discuss "the Card" ad nauseum I thought I would start this thread for those of us that have moved on.

Southern Illinois is in town this week and it appears they are down this year. They have always been a good program and tough contest for the Jacks.

My first question is what has happened to the Salukis this year? Did former USF Coach Kalen DeBoer bring in an offense that doesn't fit personnel or are they just in a down cycle this year?
    Last edited by BitsTD; 11-03-2011, 09:50 AM. Reason: Grammatical

Re: Hobo Day against SIU

The NDSU fans were rumoring that Dale Lennon may be on a short leash at SIU (after moving from UND). Certainly, his track record is getting worse over the 3 years there. Doing the QB by committee, plenty of injuries, definitely not a good year to be a skinny dawg.

Comment

Would be great to hear some Saluki fans' opinions on why their team isn't performing up to par this year, but from just following them through box scores I would say most of their problems have come on the offensive side of the ball (Their defense held NDSU without a first down for an entire half and they kept UNI in check as well). Just like us, they switched quarterbacks mid-season, so they've had to break in a sophomore at that position and he has been improving over the weeks. They also have former U of Iowa running back Jewells Hampton in there starting line up, so they do have some talent in the back field as they usually do.

Not sure what's up with DeBoer as their offensive coordinator, but I checked over on their board, salukitalk.net, and his head has been called for by numerous posters (but so has Dale Lennon's). I watched a few USF games when he was the coach their and their offense was always pretty diverse even though they could probably have won most of their games without having to throw a pass, so it's hard to speculate what going wrong without actually watching the Saluki offense.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

Not sure what's up with DeBoer as their offensive coordinator, but I checked over on their board, salukitalk.net, and his head has been called for by numerous posters (but so has Dale Lennon's). I watched a few USF games when he was the coach their and their offense was always pretty diverse even though they could probably have won most of their games without having to throw a pass, so it's hard to speculate what going wrong without actually watching the Saluki offense.
        Thank goodness the SDSU administration did not take the advice of a few fans who thought we should fire Coach Stig and hire DeBoer.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          The NDSU fans were rumoring that Dale Lennon may be on a short leash at SIU (after moving from UND). Certainly, his track record is getting worse over the 3 years there. Doing the QB by committee, plenty of injuries, definitely not a good year to be a skinny dawg.
          Over on the Saluki board, 47 pages of posting about firing Dale Lennon, who is a very good football coach. Very ethical and that might be his problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
            Since everyone else seems to want to discuss "the Card" ad nauseum I thought I would start this thread for those of us that have moved on.

Southern Illinois is in town this week and it appears they are down this year. They have always been a good program and tough contest for the Jacks.

My first question is what has happened to the Salukis this year? Did former USF Coach Kalen DeBoer bring in an offense that doesn't fit personnel or are they just in a down cycle this year?
            Good idea, forget the past and hope it doesn't get repeated. SIU is going to give us a battle and if similar mistakes are made that were made last week the outcome is not likely to be the same. They are certainly struggling but stepped up in a big way against NDSU, especially on the defensive side, and will do the same this weekend unless the players have given on the season like some fans appear to have the coach. It's going to be windy and that is going to have alter the game plan a little bit for both teams. Whichever team can control the LOS, the clock, and field position is likely to win the game. I think its going to be another nail biter.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Good luck Saturday. I know for a fact we won't lose, so I hope you don't. Good luck. YFE

Comment

http://thesouthern.com/sports/colleg...cc4c002e0.html

carbondale paper
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Good luck to the Jacks on Hobo Day!! (not smack either)

Comment

It's Hobo Day! 14 hours to game time. Go Jacks.
                    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                    X