X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota State Game Predictions

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
    You have never been to a sporting event outside Brookings have you???

FYI Last year in Fargo believe it or not SDSU fans Screamed Jacks at the end....shocker I know...It can't possibly be

Relax, you should be questioning the coaching choices today and not what some FB fans do
    Actually, I have gone to tons of SDSU game outside of Brookings and never once have I heard a Jacks fan yell "Jacks" or anything else at the end of the National Anthem. Also, feel free to read my comments regarding the game in the game thread not the game predictions thread, were I actually did question the coaches play calling as well as saying NDSU played a good game. I really don't care what fans yell during the game, as long as it is proper for little kids to hear. But setting a wonderful example for young kids to disrespect the National Anthem by screaming "Bizon". Good job. Any family members serve in the military?
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Oh oh, this one is turning to smack in a hurry too. Better lock it down as well. Yeah, I'm a Bisonviller, and I realize thread drift happens, but for Gods sake, let the anthem thing die. You know a large portion of Bison fans are going to do it, so don't come in the day after a game against the Bison and act surprised it happened again. You've got bigger things to worry about in Bunny land after that performance yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by 8>1 View Post
        Oh oh, this one is turning to smack in a hurry too. Better lock it down as well. Yeah, I'm a Bisonviller, and I realize thread drift happens, but for Gods sake, let the anthem thing die. You know a large portion of Bison fans are going to do it, so don't come in the day after a game against the Bison and act surprised it happened again. You've got bigger things to worry about in Bunny land after that performance yesterday.
        Exactly. It's a thing Bison fans do. Doesn't matter if we like it or not. I was impressed with the NDSU fans at the game yesterday. They were into it.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Who cares what they do. If they feel its ok its ok. I would say though in respect to the person singing the anthem maybe you shouldn't do it at away games. It appears that it is a "tradition" up north so the person singing the anthem expects it. At away games they probably don't. But really I don't care. I've seen a lot worse displays of respect during the national anthem whether its cell phones going off or people not paying attention or whatever.

Comment

My thoughts on the tailgate/game. I enjoyed the tailgate immensely. It was fun talking with all the Jacks fans. Thanks for coming out and introducing yourselves Mango, Slosho, and RowdyRabbit. Glad to meet all of you. Didn't get to talk to Rowdy nearly long enough, but made up for it with Mango...a truly class act. Had some good banter with Slosho...funny guy...too bad it doesn't translate to the message boards! Haha!.

On to the game. The Jacks moved the ball well, just had trouble punching it in. The Bison have been notorious for this all year, but I think youth worked against you guys at this time. With a decent running back you guys would be dangerous...and a kicker would help too...I heard your real kicker broke his leg...if that is correct that is just bad luck that would hinder any team. Your qb looked very good, especially for a freshman, and I expect some really good games for the next three years. That wildcat you guys ran was good...really good. The Jacks really had the Bison on their heels and you guys had all the momentum when running it...surprised we didn't see it more.

I was also surprised to not see any trickery...especially on special teams. I was expecting to see a fake punt, on-side field goal, punt block attempt...something...anything to change momentum. I've grown accustomed to seeing this kind of thing from your coach. He seemed to really call a conservative game. Maybe I am wrong, but it just seemed Stig called a very conservative, safe game.

Good luck with the rest of your season. Thanks again for the hospitality...will definitely be back.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
              That wildcat you guys ran was good...really good. The Jacks really had the Bison on their heels and you guys had all the momentum when running it...surprised we didn't see it more.

I was also surprised to not see any trickery...especially on special teams. I was expecting to see a fake punt, on-side field goal, punt block attempt...something...anything to change momentum. I've grown accustomed to seeing this kind of thing from your coach. He seemed to really call a conservative game. Maybe I am wrong, but it just seemed Stig called a very conservative, safe game.
              1. Once something becomes effective we stop running those plays and then run our smallest back up the gut on goal line situations. We feel this is the most effective way of not scoring.

2. Stig believes trick plays are "communist". So you will never see anything like that.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

That was a whale of a post.

Comment

It's almost like the game is moving to fast for our coaching staff. Even if we had a good scheme in place, which I don't think we do, it seems the guys in charge are often in reaction mode instead of action mode. Result, defense is on its heals and the offense is stymied and stuck in 3rd and long time after time. It seems Coach Stig is not offering up any excuses at this point, the coaches need to do a better job.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                    And I don't like the fade route either especially when you are at the 1 but you have to at least give the receiver a shot. I was just critiquing and overall I thought he did a good job. The big thing I'm concerned about Sumner though is the hits he takes. He either has to throw it away or run. He may be big but the D-linemen are bigger. The receiving core needs a guy who can stretch the field. I thought Teifentaller was suppose to be that guy? He hasn't been seen the past few weeks. It seems like most of the sacks are coverage sacks.
                    There are so many things that need tweeked,where do you begin?If most sacks are coverage sacks,then we aren't doing a good enough job confusing thier secondary .We can't run that good most of the time,so, we have a hard time scoring except for the occasional extraodinary effort type plays by individuals.This off season, the coaching staff should really sit down and completly overhaul our entire system and find some plays that will give our guys a chance.It's not always execution,players are making stupid mistakes at bad times too.I'm optomistic that we will be better next year,but problems have to be identified this season before there are any solutions for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                      1. Once something becomes effective we stop running those plays and then run our smallest back up the gut on goal line situations. We feel this is the most effective way of not scoring.

2. Stig believes trick plays are "communist". So you will never see anything like that.
                      3. Our center Will Castle is afraid of a center dump by the NDSU nose guard and there fore a bobbled snap again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        The Bison fans do their thing on the national anthem. That's annoying. But generally, what a great bunch of fans. The east side was pretty much all green. Had to be 3,000 or 4,000 loud Bison fans there today. During the game, they root FOR their team. Something I hope our other rival will do when they come to CAS.

Hats off to the Bison team. They're good. And the fans who travel so well and make a lot of noise for their team, too. A few might just possibly have a little too much of themselves wrapped up in the success of a football team, but to each his own.

I hope the Bison wallop UNI. Compare the obnoxious attitude of the UNI team to the workmanlike NDSU team today. Not a lot of trash talk. One unsportsmanlike penalty, but who knows what that was. Generally they are a lot like our team. They line up and do their thing. Fun to watch a game without all the chippy crap that UNI brings with it.
                        ^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^
                        UNI has played some chippy football (replace chippy with Cheap). Time for them to lose in Fargo. Good luck the rest of the way!

Comment

As far as the National Anthem thing, I am not bothered by it too much. Yes men have spilled there blood for the flag, the anthem, the constitution and everything else considered American, but shouting one disrespectful word does not stop America from being the best place in the world to live. I will leave it at that.

I am still trying to figure out my own psyche in the loss on Saturday. Since I have a significant other living in ND, I spend a great deal of time in that area. Nearly every Bison game has been on TV and I have watched them or parts of the game including the two cupcakes. In the back of my mind, I could see some trouble for SDSU since the execution of their offense has appeared to me to be darn near perfect. Plus their backfield defense has been extra ordinary. One thing we did not see Saturday was a pick six by Marcus Williams. Also I attended a few meetings of the Difference Makers and got the inside dope on the Jacks. Going into Saturday's game a voice in my head told me we will not win, and it turns out to be a correct one. Just seeing the direction of how both program are going at this point in the season, its no wonder SDSU has only 2 wins, and NDSU has seven. We just have not executed well enough to win 7 games. I not so sure its the play calling necessarily, as much as individuals executing those plays. We got some very new guys who just might be still figuring out what they are suppose to do on each play.

I am not suggesting we fire Stig or anyone else, I think they have accompolished as much as they could given the talent and resources that we have this year. Our resource problem is an old one and goes back to about 1963 when the Teammakers were formed. If SDSU was located in SF we could have kept up, but with Title IX and adding a zillion additional sports, our football program has been underfunded for a long time. If you feel you would like to do something about this for 500 bucks you can join the Difference Makers club and help out. Stig mentioned this group on his radio show and the Difference Maker funds are being used to pay two salaries. One is Aric Henderson, our video/offensive line coach and I am not sure about the other one. Also some of this might be used to hire tudors for those who need this, at least this was one of the purposes that was listed in the brochure. We could always use more members and your contribution.

Also I started a thread about Bison fans complaining on Bisonville.com about the condition of the East Bleachers at CAS. Because I used a direct link, Filbert closed it down. I am sure he felt it would result in more flamming and it probably would have. Lets face it these bleachers need to be replaced. It takes an overflowing Bison crowd to bring this out in the open. I have sat in those bleachers maybe once since I became a regular attendee in 1986. So I have no idea how bad of shape they are in. Something will need to be done in this area and done soon. I dont have an answer to this problem either except give more money.

We move on being loyal alum.
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 10-25-2011, 09:26 AM.

Comment

I can relate...our program was in a similar situation just a few years back. We had Mertens, you guys had TOB. The problems just mounted from there. We did not have a receiver worth anything. Our offensive line was not doing their job either. We had a real problem caused by a lack of focus on recruiting, which was compounded by legal issues that was a big black eye on the program. Last year we only went 4-4 in the conference but we were lucky enough to back into the playoffs and make some noise. It was a huge stepping stone that led to this year. I actually think the loss to E. Wash was a good thing for our team...it made them hungry, and hopefully showed them to never let the game be put in the hands of the refs...winners take care of business themselves.

You guys got new life breathed into the program with your new qb. Now you need a running back. If your o-line makes a little improvement you could have quite an offense. Your defense needs a spark. I don't know where it should come from, but the coaches need to put pressure on the seniors to step it up.

A few years ago the Bison coaching staff called conservative games, playing to keep things close, playing not to lose. They never played to win...if that makes any sense. I see that in SDSU this year. Next year could be completely different. I would not be worried if I were you.

As for the bleachers, it is just a point NDSU can use to stick it to SDSU. Get all the paint chips off and a fresh coat of paint would do wonders.

Comment

​[Pssst! Okay, they're gone. Let's put the good bleachers back up.]

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                ​[Pssst! Okay, they're gone. Let's put the good bleachers back up.]
                                Funny

Comment

Working...
                                X