X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota State Game Predictions

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
    I'm not out to kiss the Bizun's @$$ here, but they're good. Really good. A better front 4 than UNI, though the Panther's front 7 might be better. The Jacks o-line needs to hold up again and give the man under center time.

I'm a little confused on the 9 points scored by NDSU at SIU, who then proceeded to give up 35 to YSU at home. Week in, week out in the MVC. Who the eff knows what's going to happen.

Like I said in another thread, three weeks ago I thought the Bizun would destroy the Jacks (which they certainly still could). But after what I saw Saturday my thoughts are different. I don't even think the Jacks have to win the turnover battle. Just don't turn the ball over! +0 in the turnover battle with 0 for each team and hell, I think the Jacks could win that game. Bring some home-cookin' refs in and we might really be in business.

And yes, our punter is good, but the Bizun aren't going to get to see him outside of warming up before the game and during halftime anyway.

I'm predicting a hardcore tailgate followed by a lot of standing and yelling. So if you don't like it (yes you lady in front of me Saturday) give your tickets to somebody else.

Speaking of tailgate I'm sure Bizun fans will be thrilled to hear the creatively engineered outdoor sanitary system is still around.
    We are +11 in Turnovers, the SIU game was a terrible off day for the offense but the D really steppd it up, the Misery St game was kind of a Defensive off night. Hope the rookie QB is ready for Marcus Williams!!!

Bison by 14
    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      That was all a little negative. Sumner throws for 350, lifting all of our spirits for the future. We'll take it. It's a rivalry game, all records go out the window. Jacks by a 1/2.
      He can throw for 450 as long as he has another 4 pick game I'll take it! Bison by 3

Comment

Quick question for my SDSU brethren: is there any place at C-A that sells hot chocolate?
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

yeah the concessions stands...

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            Quick question for my SDSU brethren: is there any place at C-A that sells hot chocolate?
            Originally posted by slosho View Post
            yeah the concessions stands...
            Yeah, the concession stands.

Where've you been the last few years?

Nicks also sells coffee in their little shack if you feel so inclined.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

My guess this question is for the peppermint schnaaps he'll be bringing Saturday and not as much about the hot chocolate? Am I right RO?
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                My guess this question is for the peppermint schnaaps he'll be bringing Saturday and not as much about the hot chocolate? Am I right RO?
                This guy knows what's up.

And I just wanted to double check that it was sold at the concession stands so I didn't have to sneak in my own, which is way too much work.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

This guy knows what's up.

And I just wanted to double check that it was sold at the concession stands so I didn't have to sneak in my own, which is way too much work.
                  Bailey's sells a little 6 pack of very easy to hide bottles (maybe 2 oz). They go very well with the hot chocolate at CAS. Not as strong as some Blue 100, but very tastey.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                    We are +11 in Turnovers, the SIU game was a terrible off day for the offense but the D really steppd it up, the Misery St game was kind of a Defensive off night. Hope the rookie QB is ready for Marcus Williams!!!

Bison by 14
                    Williams' head is going to be spinning so fast watching the every-down offensive line substitution the Jacks have going on he is going to be dizzy and not know which way is up. It's some head-game thing they've got going on...I think.

UNI had a pretty high turnover margin too. And the Jacks were +1 on them...after the first half of the first quarter.

In all honesty I think I have more fear for this Bizun team than I did the "Jesus of Fargo" Steve Walker teams. Beating them will start with not turning the ball over. Making a big play on special teams or scoring a defensive TD would definitely help too.

Make sure and remember the Dakota Marker. We might just keep it.

Comment

This is the best Bison team to come to Brookings and quite possibly the best FCS team we have played since moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        This is the best Bison team to come to Brookings and quite possibly the best FCS team we have played since moving up.
                        They seem to have the defensive players who do not give up 80 yard touchdowns. Maybe we should review the U of M game again.

Comment

I'm not going to make a prediction. But I will say I watched NDSU vs. Minnesota and I was very, very impressed. They were like a machine. Brock Jensen is a capable QB, and their running game is no joke. The Jacks will need to eliminate mistakes and try to outscore them with Sumner having a big game. I hope Sumner got the picks out of his system vs. UNI. TV said the picks were because of the ability of the UNI d-backs to close on the ball. I'm guessing NDSU has similar athletes back there.

I should change my tagline below. I'm beginning to sound like a broken record. But when you have a good quarterback, anything can happen.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I, too, watched the NDSU v Minnesota game and was very impressed with the Bison.

But, I like our chances coming into the weekend. Coach Bohl has been stymied at CAS. The 2007 version of the Bison was an excellent team and they remember what happened that year.

IMPORTANT: Bring friends to this game. Fill the place up. 17,000 is very doable. We'll have the same 11,000 who attended the UNI game plus a few thousand more because of the Marker, the optimism about Sumner and his offensive line, and all the pheasants died this past weekend. The Bison will bring 4,000 kinda funny-looking people but what the heck, they buy tickets too. (Of course, they'll claim 8,000.)

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                              In all honesty I think I have more fear for this Bizun team than I did the "Jesus of Fargo" Steve Walker teams. Beating them will start with not turning the ball over. Making a big play on special teams or scoring a defensive TD would definitely help too.
                              I'd say the 2007 team was better than this year's team. I think the 2007 team lost motivation at the end of the year.
                              Neulion "Jump TV" All Access Sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                                Jacks win by 10. I don't think NDSU is up to the same level as UNI.
                                NDSU may or may not be at the same level as UNI, we'll find out October 29nd. SDSU is definately not at the same level as UNI. Either way, UNI is not playing in this game....Bison by 17.
                                Neulion "Jump TV" All Access Sucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X