Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Next: UNI

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    I used to drive I-29 to 80. to get to Des Moines but due to all of the hills I take the other route. It makes a measurable difference in MPG. Plus you avoid the cesspool of our state that is Vermillion.
    This makes sense. I may take the northern route to get there, since I'll be in a hurry to get to Brookings and check things out before game time then take the I-29 route home when we have more time.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      The biggest change that I can see is that we have found a QB in Sumner. The kid can play, and he seems to have some leadership qualities, too. He has a knack for extending plays by sliding around back there while keeping his eyes downfield. He's a freshman, so he makes some mistakes, but he also makes a lot of plays. From what I hear, the team is really starting to believe in him, too.
      There has been some talk on our board about Sumner. We haven't seen any footage of him in action, but his stats look good and and there is nothing but upside to a young guy like this who is already performing a a high level. He's a guy the Cat's defense will have to contain. BTW, you're welcome to join the discussion at www.panthernation.com if you wish. We treat opponents fans fairly as long as you keep it civil and friendly. Smack is allowed (we still haven't banned Lakesbison!).

Comment

Originally posted by Big Cat View Post
        There has been some talk on our board about Sumner. We haven't seen any footage of him in action, but his stats look good and and there is nothing but upside to a young guy like this who is already performing a a high level. He's a guy the Cat's defense will have to contain. BTW, you're welcome to join the discussion at www.panthernation.com if you wish. We treat opponents fans fairly as long as you keep it civil and friendly. Smack is allowed (we still haven't banned Lakesbison!).
        I went to your board, and indeed its friendly. I will visit again.

Comment

At the risk of being attacked by SUPERBUNNY and accused of being a flea bitten troll, good luck against UNI Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            At the risk of being attacked by SUPERBUNNY and accused of being a flea bitten troll, good luck against UNI Saturday.
            Don't rabbits get fleas too? just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Cat View Post
              I've been a reader of Panthernation for many years...good fan message board. I noted a couple of negative comments on the Panther board about SDSU's field. One poster speculated that the grass will be left long to slow down UNI's runners. I have to chuckle when fans from a domed facility complain about or make fun of conditions at any outdoor facility.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                I've been a reader of Panthernation for many years...good fan message board. I noted a couple of negative comments on the Panther board about SDSU's field. One poster speculated that the grass will be left long to slow down UNI's runners. I have to chuckle when fans from a domed facility complain about or make fun of conditions at any outdoor facility.
                The picture of the tall grass talking about a UNI TD run made me laugh out loud. Pretty good stuff.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Hey Jackrabbit fans, good luck this weekend!!! I'm a Bison fan, so I feel about your team the same way you feel about mine. But I absolutely detest UNI. Hope you guys can pull out a win. Looking forward to coming down next weekend for our matchup, always a good time (except for the end result lately, ugh). Not trying to hijack this thread and turn it into a Bison and Rabbit bash session. I'll be pulling for you this weekend so I'll leave with that. Go Jackrabbits!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                    ]\

Ha, it was in the smack thread for crying out loud. Thanks for the good luck! We will need it!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

http://www.archive.org/details/Coach...t.11th2011S2e7

- SDSU head football coach John Stiegelmeier joins the Sports Block with Travis and Charlie to review the Jacks 35-28 win at Youngstown State and preview this weeks game vs. Northern Iowa. ksdjradio.com and 90.7 FM in the Brookings, SD area.
                      Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
                      Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

Man am I jacked for this game or what. I really can't wait to see this team at home again. Last time uni was in brookings we had a freshman qb and we got the win.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'll be making the trek up to take my son and nephew to the game. Should be a good time. Unfortunately, it will be the only Jacks game I make this year. Though I did make it to the Iowa State - UConn game when I was out in CT.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                            I'll be making the trek up to take my son and nephew to the game. Should be a good time. Unfortunately, it will be the only Jacks game I make this year. Though I did make it to the Iowa State - UConn game when I was out in CT.
                            Good for you. In 1973, I drove about 200 miles from Dayton Ohio to Youngstown to see SDSU beat the Penquins at a high school field also made other trips to McComb when living in suburban Chicago. It was before the internet, jumpTV and all those goodies we now have, but being there in person means a great deal.

Comment

I'll admit. I wasn't going to attend this weekend's game as tickets (already have Marker game tickets) are putting a pretty big dent in my pocketbook.

BUT, yesterday I realized the #2 team in the nation is coming in, its pheasant opener and the crowd may be down, and there are only 5 such weekends a year, and I sucked it up and bought a ticket.

Can't...stay...away....!

Panthers 27
                              'Rabbits 31
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                This is absolutely hilarious. Precisely why SDSU should NEVER go to turf. When grass gets in their Domeheads, it's called home field advantage. Think of the horror if they get hit with a raindrop! "Oh, the humanity!" Grass stains on the pants? "What the hay??????"..........

To add to the karma the administration might consider having game-day cows grazing in the end zone where the dainty-pawed Panthers do their pre-game calisthentics. Have some students with cowbells herding them. Or park a big lawnmower near their dressing room with a "BROKE" sign on it. Or spread a big tarp on the field for their warmups so they don't have to touch the grass.

Turf wears out and domes collapse, and they are the same boring thing every week when they do work. That, and the opponents' hand-wringing over two-inch grass are precisely why we need to be Grass and Sky U Forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X