Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: South Dakota State at Youngstown State

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Thanks RO, it works okay with Firefox but I.E NO 9 apparently is not compatible. Problem solved I guess.
    Google Chrome is by far and away the best browser out there. Pages load EXTREMELY fast, you would think you purchased faster Internet. If you still use IE, get off of that awful browser. The most comprehensive websites out there do not load correctly in it.

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post
      Google Chrome is by far and away the best browser out there. Pages load EXTREMELY fast, you would think you purchased faster Internet. If you still use IE, get off of that awful browser. The most comprehensive websites out there do not load correctly in it.
      Naw I just stay away from your awful board. You guys seem too confident about the outcome of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by guinzone View Post
        I hadn't tried Google Chrome for a long time...but, after reading guinzone's post, decided to give it a try. Wow! Pages do load extremely fast. Good suggestion.

Anyway, looking forward to the game. I'm one step out on the limb and predicting the offense shows more consistency and Jacks win by one touchdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Naw I just stay away from your awful board. You guys seem too confident about the outcome of the game.
          Tough to put alot of credence in a board who has a frequent contributor named "GapToothedWhore". I've always had a beef with YSU after one of their students hit me with a battery on the sideline (I will admit that was a pretty good toss, though). We really need to gather our feces into an organized collection asafp. That will be tough on the road in Youngstown.

Comment

I think the Jacks win this: 31-24

What makes me, as a Bison fan, unsettled is that the Jacks will probably get their crap ironed out by the time we get down to CAS and give us a run or beat us.....

Comment

I think in the last couple of weeks we have shown signs of starting to turn things around, but just have not been able to string a full game together. This probably has to do with a less experienced team then in the past years and a lack of depth. I have to believe as a jack fan that we will start improving enough to win games. I think this weekend will be a good test to see if we started turning the corner on the season or if the same misques are going to keep costing us games. I think as we get more people healthy and more of the younger players up to speed we will be tough to beat, hpoefully that happens soon.

Comment

Since our baby didnt want to sleep the other night, and I am a dork who was at the game yet recorded it on midco. I watched it to see if anything jumped out at me. On our goal line runs where we got stuffed, flat out looked like we missed some blocks. Looked like players didnt know the assigntment for the D they were facing. The int for a return, we tried running the same play two plays in a row. It helps when the WR line up in the same spots and we motion our blockers on the line the exact same way 2 plays in a row. IMO it looked like the WR turned in while sumner thought he was going t turn out again. ISU blue was lucky they were able to deflect it to get the INT but my guess is they saw us set in the same formation 2 plays in a row and motion the exact same so probably had an idea of the routes the WR were going to run. sumner looks good at keeping his eyes down field when he scrambles. Reminds me a little of Berry, who even with the pocket about to collapse could move around enough but able to look down field to hit the open WR.

Anyway, The penalties hurt a lot. If we stop them even 50% of the time on third down we most likely could have won. They ran in and out so we coudlnt guess on the blitz where to go. our cover zone D they would just pass down the seems for easy gains, It was tought to see if we stayed in zone most plays or ever went man coverage because the camera would zoom in once the play started.

There was a lot of good and bad looking at the game again, but most of it was coaching and needing to fix penalties obviously.
                Last edited by goon; 10-06-2011, 10:52 AM.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Very nice post goon. You looked at the film and made some nice well informed analysis.

We got stuffed all the time in short yardage last year with Minett too. If it was my team, I'd spread out the offense in short yardage, especially with Moss, instaid of telegraphing were we are going to run it. Just my opion, take it or leave it.

Nice observation on the WR for the INT. rep points.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                    Very nice post goon. You looked at the film and made some nice well informed analysis.

We got stuffed all the time in short yardage last year with Minett too. If it was my team, I'd spread out the offense in short yardage, especially with Moss, instaid of telegraphing were we are going to run it. Just my opion, take it or leave it.

Nice observation on the WR for the INT. rep points.
                    I was about to delete the game from the DVR considering we lost but thought, hey, maybe it will look different seeing it from on TV and those were just a few things that really sort of jumped out to me rewinding and slo mo on the DVR. Plus then I could bond with my son watching SDSU football, which is never a bad thing.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

http://www.archive.org/details/CoachStigShowOct.5th2011S2e6

SDSU head football coach John Stiegelmeier joins the Sports Block with Travis and Charlie to review the Jacks 38-28 loss vs. Indiana State and preview this weeks game at Youngstown State. ksdjradio.com and 90.7 FM in the Brookings, SD area.
                      Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
                      Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

Good luck in Ohio. Get it turned around.

Comment

SDSU continues to rank last in the Valley despite having what most consider to be two plenty capable backs in Tyrel Kool and Zach Zenner. Stiegelmeier said that some of those stats are skewed by the fact that the Jacks have trailed so much. But he also thinks the staff may need to tweak some things.
                          “We’ve got a different style back and we probably as coaches haven’t run designs specifically for their abilities,” he said.

some of STigs comments on TVs Youngstown write up. That sounds like what a lot of people here have mentioned. We have good backs but are not using them very well. WE dont have a Minnett style guy who can hit a small hole and still pound out 5 yards. Hopefully the lineman and meadows can figure out how to block for our backs a little better. When they get a hole Kool and Zenner have done well, but more times the hole fills up before they get there.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Did we ever get an explination for why our punt returner was run into and why there was not penalty on them and why they moved the ball closers after then had a different penalty on the ISU. you can see Gant takes a bumb just enough it knocks him back so misses it. I still think you need to catch it, but he was interfered with and the refs stunk it up. Frankly I think the league needs to look at that and say they missed the call and show some accountability. My guess is the league turned a blind eye or didnt really care to look at the matter. When it is a game changing call, they gave ISU 3 points, Stig and Sell should write a formal complaint IMO. If issues like that go unattended how will we know it would happen again or get worse. I felt the Valley Refs were better for football then the Summit Refs were for basketball, but I just find it inexcusable. Its in the past nothing will change the outcome, but something should be followed up on that issue IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            SDSU continues to rank last in the Valley despite having what most consider to be two plenty capable backs in Tyrel Kool and Zach Zenner. Stiegelmeier said that some of those stats are skewed by the fact that the Jacks have trailed so much. But he also thinks the staff may need to tweak some things.
                            “We’ve got a different style back and we probably as coaches haven’t run designs specifically for their abilities,” he said.
                            I think that's a pretty shocking statement by Stig. Maybe that's an adjustment that should've been made at the start of the season when you knew you had backs with different abilities. Perhaps this is why the team starts out poorly every season if it takes the coaching staff 5 games to realize "hey, these new guys don't run like the last guy did". I've never been a big fan of Stig but my faith in him drops more and more every time he opens his mouth.
                            “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by rjacks21 View Post
                              I think that's a pretty shocking statement by Stig. Maybe that's an adjustment that should've been made at the start of the season when you knew you had backs with different abilities. Perhaps this is why the team starts out poorly every season if it takes the coaching staff 5 games to realize "hey, these new guys don't run like the last guy did". I've never been a big fan of Stig but my faith in him drops more and more every time he opens his mouth.
                              I could not AGREE MORE! I read that and was astonished that actually came out of his mouth. You're telling me that it's week 5 and maybe they should change the plays/blocking schemes because there's a new RB? Um...duh. From the outside looking in, that looks ridiculous. I know there's plenty more than just changing the plays, but I hope that's not a completely true statement.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                I could not AGREE MORE! I read that and was astonished that actually came out of his mouth. You're telling me that it's week 5 and maybe they should change the plays/blocking schemes because there's a new RB? Um...duh. From the outside looking in, that looks ridiculous. I know there's plenty more than just changing the plays, but I hope that's not a completely true statement.
                                Isn't that what spring practice is for ? To evaluate the talent you have and spend the off-season designing a system to best utilize that talent ?

Comment

Working...
                                X