Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just A Game.

Originally posted by goon View Post
    If it were only a few bad games I wouldn't be worried. Its bad seasons we are talking about. And if it continues we are kidding our selves if we think it won't affect donor giving. If tob stays qb we could look at 3 years of losing. Who knows the damage it will bring to future years if we don't correct things soon.
    OK, I think you have made your point.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Back to Nidaros' original intent of this thread: Not to make this too personal, but in May of this year I lost my dad to cancer at the age of 63. He was in the VA in Sioux Falls for a total of 27 days from diagnosis to his passing.

If you take a step back and think about it, in the grand scheme of life, the status of Jackrabbit football, or the status of any of your favorite sports teams for that matter, really doesn't mean jack sh$t.

It really is just a game.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear the passing of your Dad,and you are 100% correct in asserting that sports ,in the grand scheme of life,are relatively unimportant .People like to be entertained, so they make them more important than they actually are.

Comment

If it were only a few bad games I wouldn't be worried. Its bad seasons we are talking about. And if it continues we are kidding our selves if we think it won't affect donor giving. If tob stays qb we could look at 3 years of losing. Who knows the damage it will bring to future years if we don't correct things soon.
          We had our first losing season last year since the move to D1, so how to you figure we have had bad seasons? I get depressed everytime i read a post of yours. I had a guy tell me today, "boy am i glad i dont have season tickets". I said, they can go winless the rest of the year (and i dont think they will) and i'll still buy season tickets next year. Hopefully people feel the same way i do.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            We had our first losing season last year since the move to D1, so how to you figure we have had bad seasons? I get depressed everytime i read a post of yours.
            Great point. 2 years ago ended badly, but was a damn good season.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

We had our first losing season last year since the move to D1, so how to you figure we have had bad seasons? I get depressed everytime i read a post of yours. I had a guy tell me today, "boy am i glad i dont have season tickets". I said, they can go winless the rest of the year (and i dont think they will) and i'll still buy season tickets next year. Hopefully people feel the same way i do.
              Oh yeah I am on board. If you look at the media guide, it was many years back that SDSU had a winless season. We have always managed to pick off three or four wins.

Comment

Do you see this year ending any better then last year? Do you not see a difference from teams compared to 2-3 years ago compared to this year and last? The whole transition was hard work and it finally paid off getting to the play offs. Where we are now seem like that was a long time ago. Sorry I don't live for the past and think well we were good enough for the play offs that one year. I like to think this team can be better then that. I have seen quality SDSU football for many years, not as many as some, but enough to know I would not classify this as jackrabbit football.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Oh yeah I am on board. If you look at the media guide, it was many years back that SDSU had a winless season. We have always managed to pick off three or four wins.
                  I'll always get tickets too and I think we'll get some wins this year.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Do you see this year ending any better then last year? Do you not see a difference from teams compared to 2-3 years ago compared to this year and last? The whole transition was hard work and it finally paid off getting to the play offs. Where we are now seem like that was a long time ago. Sorry I don't live for the past and think well we were good enough for the play offs that one year. I like to think this team can be better then that. I have seen quality SDSU football for many years, not as many as some, but enough to know I would not classify this as jackrabbit football.

We are all pssed about the way things have gone so far. But its not doom and gloom. You dont think we were good enough to make the playoffs 2 yrs ago? I think we could have gone a long ways had we not choked at Montana. I think we belonged in the playoffs. Sorry for being positive but i love life right now.

Comment

We are all pssed about the way things have gone so far. But its not doom and gloom. You dont think we were good enough to make the playoffs 2 yrs ago? I think we could have gone a long ways had we not choked at Montana. I think we belonged in the playoffs. Sorry for being positive but i love life right now.
                      It sounds like you accept being a mediorcre program. I expect us to make the playoffs every year. I think every fan should have that as a goal. I am not going to apoligize for thinking the team should be better then it is. Making the playoffs or winning the confrence should be the teams goal every year also.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It sounds like you accept being a mediorcre program. I expect us to make the playoffs every year. I think every fan should have that as a goal. I am not going to apoligize for thinking the team should be better then it is. Making the playoffs or winning the confrence should be the teams goal every year also.

I expect the same thing you do every year but when it doesnt happen, life goes on and its only a game. And then theres next year.

Comment

I expect the same thing you do every year but when it doesnt happen, life goes on and its only a game. And then theres next year.
                          Plus a million. When sports stopped being life and death, I started enjoying them more and being happier. Getting worked up about stuff I can't control just made me unhappy.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I think RO is growing up. Good to see. Kudos!
                            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Nidaros, good post to start this thread. It is just a game. We enjoy the good times and still support our teams during the rough years. You guys will be back. Your support is growing and your athletic dept has tasted success and will not settle. I am sure you guys will be back in the hunt soon. Good luck with your QB situation...except for one week...oh...say October 22nd. Maybe we will get a chance to meet out at tailgating and tip a few.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                                Nidaros, good post to start this thread. It is just a game. We enjoy the good times and still support our teams during the rough years. You guys will be back. Your support is growing and your athletic dept has tasted success and will not settle. I am sure you guys will be back in the hunt soon. Good luck with your QB situation...except for one week...oh...say October 22nd. Maybe we will get a chance to meet out at tailgating and tip a few.
                                I watched the St Francis game on Channel 11. I think the Bison machine is becoming better and better. I read in the Thomas O Brien thread on Bisonville, some poster referred to TOB as being the MVP for the Bison in last years game. It was a difference maker of the wrong kind without a doubt and a very tragic attempt at humor.. Also mentioned was the closing and reopening of Burger King. Well maybe not this time but next trip to Brookings, you should be able to experience Buffalo Wild Wings, and maybe a Whiskey Creek Steak house.

Comment

Working...
                                X