Illinois Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Illinois Week

IF we can run well enough, take pressure off of TOB and the short passing game, let the D bend but not break no big plays. If speacial teams can do better and the kicking game make a darn FG. We can totally be in this thing. But if TOB panics and makes his WTF decisions, and the D gives up 3rd downs. It could be a long afternoon. I am going to go totally homer and actually pick us to win this.
    Good guys 24
    bad guys 17

We make 1 FG and miss one. a LB gets a pick six mid way in the 4th and Kool with a rushing TD going around the ends, and Trevor T hauls in a 30 yard TD pass on a slant up the middle. You heard it here first.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I hope we keep it within 21.

Confidence!
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        I hope we keep it within 21.

Confidence!
        This illini team is probably just a little bit better then the Mn team we lost to 2 years ago. If we cant keep it with in 21, we are going in the wrong direction big time. Only iowa state put over 21 points on us in our fbs games, I think they over look us and we play up to that level and make it a more competitive game. I feel better about us going into this game this year then I did going to Neb last year and we held our own and played a closer game then the score showed.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

feel like i don't even need to watch the game after reading the illinois message board.

Comment

http://www.fightingillini.com/sports.../illast11.html

I don't think Illinois is unbeatable.

Take note of some interesting stats:

Arkansas was +1 in sacks, forced two fumbles, was -1 on turnovers (counting the safety scored on Illinois as a turnover), threw for 290 yards (19 more than Illinois) at a 63% completion rate, and had a 4 minute advantage in time of possession, despite having an anemic running game (only 60 yards). They also had excellent average starting field position--in fact their starting position was on average 5 yards ahead of Illinois' (average starting field position was their own 29 yard line).

I am going on a limb here and saying that SDSU will be better prepared for this game than the Red Wolves and that they will have a better (perhaps a significantly better) O-Line than the Red Wolves.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
              And, I stopped reading.
              Further down he assumes that SDSU's FCS status makes them a significantly worse team than Arkansas State. An entirely unjustified conclusion, IMO.

Comment

I think the Jacks have a decent shot against these guys. There's certainly no reason to be intimidated. SDSU's DBs could be the difference-makers. If they can contain adequately and maybe pluck off a pass or two, it's a ballgame. The Jacks' offense has the potential to put up some points, and the defense has the LBs and DLs to slow the run. If the Jacks score first, Illinois' confidence would disappear. I would really like the Jacks' chances, at that point.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Are you ready for some FBS football? Getting on the road for Champaign. Met some pretty cool Illini fans at the bar yesterday. Some fans who are not quite as optimistic as their message board goers. They obviously feel they will win, which they probably will, but one guy especially is kind of fed up with the inconsistency of the program. They haven't made a bowl game in back-to-back seasons since the early '90s, I believe he said. They made a bowl last season. Let's send them spiraling toward another non-bowl season.

At least stay healthy, stay competitive and who knows what might happen.

Comment

Just saw the quick preview of the game on Big Ten Network. They were very complimentary of the Jacks.Usually when scheduling an FBS opponent it is an automatic win. This is not the case with the Jackrabbits. They are out to win this game.They will play hard and take advantage of every mistake you make.
                    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      This illini team is probably just a little bit better then the Mn team we lost to 2 years ago. If we cant keep it with in 21, we are going in the wrong direction big time. Only iowa state put over 21 points on us in our fbs games, I think they over look us and we play up to that level and make it a more competitive game. I feel better about us going into this game this year then I did going to Neb last year and we held our own and played a closer game then the score showed.
                      I think this is an unfair statement. It would be nice to keep it close, but in reality if things get out of hand Stig and the staff need to protect their starters for the rest of the season.

I think the only way SDSU pulls this one off or keeps it close is if Illinois takes them lightly and makes mistakes. SDSU needs to be +3 or +2 in turnovers.
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

8:47 in Champaign and it's a great looking day. Weather.com still suggesting we may get a little wet at the game.

Comment

There are only so many close games you can play at the FBS level before you lose the luxury of being underestimated. Minnesota and Nebraska performances over the last 2 years probably have done that for us. While fan boards and blog posts may give us no respect, I would guess the coaching staff probably isn't the same. Plus before everyone of these games they are probably reminded of Appalachian State/Michigan.....no one wants that as their legacy.

Unfortunately...I am going with 34-13 bad guys.

Comment

Woke up as excited as a kid on Christmas morning...

...hoping to get candy instead of coal.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              I think the Jacks have a decent shot against these guys. There's certainly no reason to be intimidated. SDSU's DBs could be the difference-makers. If they can contain adequately and maybe pluck off a pass or two, it's a ballgame. The Jacks' offense has the potential to put up some points, and the defense has the LBs and DLs to slow the run. If the Jacks score first, Illinois' confidence would disappear. I would really like the Jacks' chances, at that point.
                              Wow. Was I wrong. I think I'll go stand in a corner for awhile and bang my head against the wall.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Boy I am sure glad we got new uniforms.

Comment

Working...
                                X