Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zenner, Moss, and Bowers and other burning questions and comments...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zenner, Moss, and Bowers and other burning questions and comments...

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

Did I miss anything?
    When we are within approx 5yards of a game tying TD maybe...JUST MAYBE! We should play up on the WR's and not let them off the line. (A.K.A. Stuffing or Jamming them)

Please someone tell me I delirious. and I didn't see the guy let his WR cut right infront of him for a TD without even touching him.
    From what I remember of FB from HS the DB's Could darn near hold if it was within 5yd's of the LOS.

Someone help me Cus this is driving me insane! and it seemed like our guy wasn't even coached on this...

Comment

Zenner is #2 (if not 1 1/2 as I said in another thread) and he will be a difference maker. No idea on Moss. Happy to welcome Bowers back.

My concern, we seem to block in the back on returns more than any team in the history of football. Is it just me or have others noticed this?
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I wonder that too why we play such a soft cushion to for their WR. as we throw short 5-10 yard out passes, they kept creaping up on the pass. Yet we give most WR a 10 yard cushion before the play even starts. Maybe they do this to cut down the the chance we get burned on the deep ball. always keep it in front of you.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          My concern, we seem to block in the back on returns more than any team in the history of football. Is it just me or have others noticed this?
          A few years ago with Annenson(SP), it was exciting because the return game was good, got, good field position and rarely penalties. Now we get penalties and the guy gets stuffed after a 5 yard return. My guess is players are not sure of their assignments to block.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Zenner is #2 (if not 1 1/2 as I said in another thread) and he will be a difference maker. No idea on Moss. Happy to welcome Bowers back.

I believe even TV called him 1 1/2 on the depth chart. I recall a number of people saying last year they expected him to be the future of the Jacks running game. I expect you will see more of him as the season goes on.

Comment

The only thing I'd like to see is more 2 back sets, maybe 3rd down have Zenner be the back and Kool be the slot guy or just things like that. Nothing bugged me more last year when it was 2 and 1 2 and 1 2 and 1 no matter what the situation was.

Comment

Working...
              X