Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Southern Utah

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    I suspect they're just being conservative with that estimate. There is no shortage of interest among the students I have encountered this week.
    Agreed. Everyone I talked to is going.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

- Southern Utah Head Coach Ed Lamb joined the Sports Block (ksdjradio.com and 90.7 FM in the Brookings Area) on August 29th, 2011 to preview their season opener vs. South Dakota State on Sept. 3rd in Brookings.
      http://www.archive.org/details/South...eadCoachEdLamb

- SDSU head football coach John Stiegelmeier joins the Sports Block with Nathan, Travis and Charlie to preview the season and look ahead to Southern Utah on Sept. 3rd. ksdjradio.com and 90.7 FM in the Brookings, SD area.
      http://www.archive.org/details/CoachStigAugust31st2011

Last edited by The Sports Block; 09-01-2011, 11:53 AM.
      Sports Lounge TV Show: http://www.youtube.com/user/tlk23?feature=mhee
      Sports Block Radio Show: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A"Sports+Block"

Comment

Originally posted by The Sports Block View Post
        - Southern Utah Head Coach Ed Lamb joined the Sports Block (ksdjradio.com and 90.7 FM in the Brookings Area) on August 29th, 2011 to preview their season opener vs. South Dakota State on Sept. 3rd in Brookings.
        http://www.archive.org/details/South...eadCoachEdLamb

- SDSU head football coach John Stiegelmeier joins the Sports Block with Nathan, Travis and Charlie to preview the season and look ahead to Southern Utah on Sept. 3rd. ksdjradio.com and 90.7 FM in the Brookings, SD area.
        http://www.archive.org/details/CoachStigAugust31st2011

Interesting that Ed Lamb almost made it to the SDSU coaching staff a few years back. He seems like a real coach and would have been a real compliement to our program.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Agreed. Everyone I talked to is going.
          That is what I like to hear. When I was a freshman a decade ago, lots of kids didn't go. Its good to hear about a buzz around campus.

EDIT: Just realized its been a decade since I started at SDSU. Not cool.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            That is what I like to hear. When I was a freshman a decade ago, lots of kids didn't go. Its good to hear about a buzz around campus.

When I started school in 2000, I couldnt beleive how bad attendance was some games. I was in the marching band and some "big games" like USD would be disapointing. A lot of friends had no desire to go, some didnt really know when games were. I felt that was completly unexceptable. How some people experience hobo day just like every other weekend. Get trashed the friday night, sleep all day saturday and eat some left over cold pizza and then go out again saturday and think it was the greatest hobo day ever. The parade and game is what made the day so special but so many students for years never cared to experience it. I always found that sad. I will say lately student attdence is better for football, basketball it stinks compared to when I was a freshman IMO.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Good lord I'm jacked for this Saturday. Someone posted the 2008 intro video in TV's chat today (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT5jgyA9o1A&feature=fvst) and now I'm ready to go. Saturday night cannot come soon enough. I want to start drinking now. Alas, school, work, yada yada yada.

Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post

Decade for me too......yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Wait 'til you guys start thinking in quarters of centuries

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    Just a decade?
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I'm predicting a solid but slightly up and down performance. 24 - 17 Jacks in a game not as close as the score indicates.
                      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                        Wait 'til you guys start thinking in quarters of centuries
                        Give me roughly 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          When I started school in 2000, I couldnt beleive how bad attendance was some games. I was in the marching band and some "big games" like USD would be disapointing. A lot of friends had no desire to go, some didnt really know when games were. I felt that was completly unexceptable. How some people experience hobo day just like every other weekend. Get trashed the friday night, sleep all day saturday and eat some left over cold pizza and then go out again saturday and think it was the greatest hobo day ever. The parade and game is what made the day so special but so many students for years never cared to experience it. I always found that sad. I will say lately student attdence is better for football, basketball it stinks compared to when I was a freshman IMO.
                          I know that this is a little thread drift but this year is set up about as good as it could be for attendance. The early games are usually the the ones when the fans show up. The weather is nice and you have the Cereal Bowl, Beef Bowl and Hall of Fame Game. That includes UNI this year. You know that NDSU will be a big crowd. Hobo Day is the last game. Will that be enough to bring out the fans. Of course, it depends on the weather. It is against Southern Illinois so the game could mean a lot. The only better schedule would be if it was USD or NDSU in November.

I think the main thing with fans is if you are winning or not. Football had many down years and basketball was winning titles. When basketball starts winning, the fans will be back. In football, the weather could scare off some fans even if they are winning but that doesn't happen in basketball.

I think the Jacks will win this game. I do think Southern Utah will give them all they can handle though. The home field advantage will be the difference. Jacks 23-20.
                          My prediction will always revolve around the QB play though. 1 INT or less and SDSU should win (minus Illinois) and 3 or more and they will lose. I'm guessing that being a starter for about 2 full seasons will have TOB finally getting over his turnover problems.

Comment

I'm sure this will be a tough game. Even back in the Great West days when SUU sucked, they were pretty physical. Says something about FB in that region. If we win the turnover battle, we win the game easily. If not... well, I don't want to think about that.

Jacks 27
                            T-Birds 17
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Holy cow this is quiet around here with just over 24 hours before kick off. Last year the board was going nuts beacuse we had to wait a whole week before our first game of the year. This year it has not had as much excitement, or hype leading up to the first game IMO.

Anyway. Look for the O-line to dominate and new plays for Kool to run. I will be disapointed if i see a tight end shift to the strong side and run up the middle like we did all of last year. Look for WRs to be better this year and run better routes having another year in the system getting use to it. Hopefully TOB has figured out the INT bug that got him last year.

Lets see if the D-line can get pressure on the QB. I hope we can see some blitz packages to utilize the LBs we have. the LBs should be all over the place, way to talented of a group to not be a a game changer. The DBs will be young but there is talent there no doubt yet some good experince coming back which needs to step up with the guys gone from last year.

The special teams coverage I would expect to be good again, same with returns, kicking will look different, hope some one can step up and make a FG for crying out loud.

any way, I am stoaked for tomorrow. Even got my pre game day lucky undies on today. Wore yellow today for work, last year when I wore yellow to games SDSU lost, and when I wore blue then won. So I will only be wearing Blue to the game this year.

Its like college football is a drug and I am getting all excited waiting to get my fix tomorrow. just hope I dont crash and let down if we lose. which I dont think will happen.

The good guys 24
                              The other guys 17
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'm excited for tomorrow as well as everybody else but I just think it's hard for people to find stuff to discuss before the first game. Next week, with a game under our belt, I'm sure the board will be hoppin (see what I did there?) again!

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                Holy cow this is quiet around here with just over 24 hours before kick off. Last year the board was going nuts beacuse we had to wait a whole week before our first game of the year. This year it has not had as much excitement, or hype leading up to the first game IMO.

Anyway. Look for the O-line to dominate and new plays for Kool to run. I will be disapointed if i see a tight end shift to the strong side and run up the middle like we did all of last year. Look for WRs to be better this year and run better routes having another year in the system getting use to it. Hopefully TOB has figured out the INT bug that got him last year.

Lets see if the D-line can get pressure on the QB. I hope we can see some blitz packages to utilize the LBs we have. the LBs should be all over the place, way to talented of a group to not be a a game changer. The DBs will be young but there is talent there no doubt yet some good experince coming back which needs to step up with the guys gone from last year.

The special teams coverage I would expect to be good again, same with returns, kicking will look different, hope some one can step up and make a FG for crying out loud.

any way, I am stoaked for tomorrow. Even got my pre game day lucky undies on today. Wore yellow today for work, last year when I wore yellow to games SDSU lost, and when I wore blue then won. So I will only be wearing Blue to the game this year.

Its like college football is a drug and I am getting all excited waiting to get my fix tomorrow. just hope I dont crash and let down if we lose. which I dont think will happen.

The good guys 24
                                The other guys 17

Comment

Working...
                                X