Southern Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Southern Utah

TV is pretty thorough and I'm sure it will come up later in the week, but anyone have any idea how ticket sales are for the game Saturday night? Where did we end with our season ticket sales and single game ticket projections. Wondered if anyone had heard.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
      TV is pretty thorough and I'm sure it will come up later in the week, but anyone have any idea how ticket sales are for the game Saturday night? Where did we end with our season ticket sales and single game ticket projections. Wondered if anyone had heard.
      I just checked on gojacks.com and as of now you can pretty much pick your seat on the east side.
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/...eason.html.csp

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          This isn't the SUU of an SDSU championship era GWFC. This will be a tough game. Jacks definitely need to act cohesively, and like the hungary team that they are. Let's get 2011 season off to a perfect 1-0 start.
          I took in the Difference Makers meeting last evening and SUU is a very good ball team.
          Though Stig was showing last years video's they indicate that their defense can be destructive to pass plays. They blitz like there is no tomorrow. So offensively and defensively, we must really jel in order to win this game. I doubt SUU has changed much and they have several defensive starters coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Dont forget this team under stig typically has slow starts to the season.
            Why is this?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Why is this?
              I cant speak for Goon, but in 2009 we started out with a 4-1 season and we lost 2 games in a row towards the end, SIU and U of Minnesota. So maybe that is an exception in slow starts, but sometimes its been because we were out matched in talent such 2006 when we stumbled and lost to LaCrossee, not a talent gap, Montana and UNI and then turned around with wins at Nichols State and McNeese, so you can use the media guide and past scores and argue both ways.

I will share a few things I picked up at the Difference Makers meeting.

This year's team has no "star" as evidenced no picks in the preseason all star teams. Just ask Emory what's his name, he is not impressed and picked us 8th place finish in MVFBC. Its a year were new people will have to step up. One question from audience was: Compared to last year, how does our over all speed compare? We are much slower this year with exceptions. Tyrell Kool is much quicker than Kyle Minnett, and they will run plays to exploit this ability. Plays that were not run last year.
              Trevor Tiefentaler has not dropped a pass in spring or fall camp, and has by far been the most disciplined in running routes.

So there are some positives and not every thing that happen in camp was discussed. Moss was mentioned and Coach Stig said he found him in the lounge on Sunday Morning studying film for learning how he could be a better player. Its amazing how quick he has learned and there is a great deal to learn.

The two UNO players are going to be a plus. The punter is enrolled only for the fall semester and will return to UNO to practice teach and get his teaching creditials. Both are good kids according to Stig, Hettinger came close to making it as a starter. Although a defensive player, he has a throwing arm and can throw about 70-75 yards.

SUU has 8 starters on Offense and 7 on defense returning, and they nearly beat San Jose State last year and man handled Cal Poly and UC Davis. This is a good program but if we play great, we can win.

So there is some thing to chew on.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                Why is this?
                I think part of the slow starts of late is the aggressive schedule rather than ramp up slowly against more talented teams. Stig complained about this recently and is advocating not playing so many tough games earlier in the season especially when you have a FBS game and the tought MVC schedule. Goal is to get to the playoffs. Realize it's difficult to get non-conference FCS teams to travel, but appears coach is looking for new approach.

Comment

With out going back to look at exact years( I am at work), Were there not a couple years of starting 0-3 or a couple losses to start the year yet finish with a good winning record? I know if you play hard teams to start your going to lose some. I know we have discussed previously to make the playoffs and win you need to play good teams and win. It goes both ways, the more good teams you play, the harder it is to win 7 or 8 games. I would love to see a way to get 6 home games during the year.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                    President's Bowl in Sioux Falls Saturday night won't help. The weather will and hopefully students don't pack their bags after only a week in school just because it's a 3 day weekend.

I would be disappointed to not see 13,000.

Comment

#8 Augie vs #1 and national chap UM Duluth should be a full house too. That won't help attendance. I was going back and forth on Augie or the Jacks and decided on Augie. Will be watching the Jack's game on JR Extra at night.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                        President's Bowl in Sioux Falls Saturday night won't help. The weather will and hopefully students don't pack their bags after only a week in school just because it's a 3 day weekend.

I would be disappointed to not see 13,000.
                        And the State Fair. And Lifelight.

I'll be in CAS though, thank you very much.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          And the State Fair. And Lifelight.

I'll be in CAS though, thank you very much.
                          I will be there too. No Augie game or bible belt revival (Lifelight)would ever pull me away from CAS.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            I will be there too. No Augie game or bible belt revival (Lifelight)would ever pull me away from CAS.
                            Quoted for truth.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Quoted for truth with the addition of "no high school game that didn't include one of my children." If you call yourself a Jackrabbit fan and you aren't at CAS on Saturday you need to reevaluate your priorities or consider a different label for yourself.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

There are excuses for many people, but really to support the program, every game is important to build that base support. And frankly it is more fun and better game then any other options out there IMO.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X