• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Moss?

Moss to the Vikings?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...module=HP11_cp

Comment

St. Paul Pioneer Press has Moss a Viking in their mock draft too!

SIXTH ROUND (171TH OVERALL) *

(* Part of our aforementioned trade
      proposal.)
      Vikings
      select: Dale Moss, wide receiver, South Dakota State

Buzz:
      Basketball-player-turned-receiver wowed several teams, including the
      Vikings, at his pro day with 4.45-second 40-yard time and 41.5-inch vertical

Comment

According to a TV re-tweet,Dale has signed as a free-agent with the Packers. As much as I dislike them,playing with Aaron Rodgers is a great opportunity

Comment

I'm a Packers fan and was wondering where Moss would end up. It is a good opportunity for Dale and I sincerely hope it goes well for him. The Packers are pretty stacked at that position(some are speculating that they might keep 6 WRs this year) and some are also wondering if Donald Driver makes the team. The Packers had 2 WRs on the practice squad last year that two other teams(one was the Vikings) tried to sign away but they stayed with the Packers. Either way Dale Moss will learn a ton with the Packers. Good luck to him!

Comment

Chances are heavily against him to make the Packers squad. Good luck to him nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
              Chances are heavily against him to make the Packers squad. Good luck to him nonetheless.
              Packers have some older WR. If Moss impresses,practice squad should be a good possibility

Comment

Yeah, I don't know why he went to the Packers. Being an un drafted FA you need to get reps in those camps to impress the coaches, don't know how he will get those reps for the Packers. But what do I know........

I'm wondering if there was some other considerations, more up front money, or more likely to make the practice squad if he doesn't make the team. I'm guessing his agent knows his stuff

Comment

Originally posted by tcbison View Post
                  some are also wondering if Donald Driver makes the team.
                  I have to agree with this comment. He didn't have a horrible year but with the other receivers around, will the Packers keep him. I wasn't expecting Dale to start for a team but getting a year in with the Packers even on the practice squad would be great.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                    I have to agree with this comment. He didn't have a horrible year but with the other receivers around, will the Packers keep him. I wasn't expecting Dale to start for a team but getting a year in with the Packers even on the practice squad would be great.
                    Randal Cobb who was drafted last year is the long-term replacement for Driver and was getting a lot of playing time later in the year. I know if Dale Moss doesn't make the team there are other teams that have been associated with the Packers that would be there to pick up Moss if they believe he has potential. The Seahawks and Dolphins are two teams that now have former Packers management/coaches and if Moss has a good showing in camp he could easily latch on to those teams. Kole Heckendorf from NDSU was in the Packers training camp a few years ago but didn't make the team or practice squad but he later went to the Seahawks and a few other teams.

Comment

At first I thought that him going to the Packers was a terrible idea but the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. Donald Driver is old, Greg Jennings will be old by the time Dale is ready and Jordy has two years left on his contract. Also, who wouldnt want to get passes by Aaron Rodgers. Not to mention, that his agent knows what hes doing. I'm calling it right now, Dale is the next Stevie Johnson(favorite NFL reciever btw) and I'm excited he stayed in the NFC North
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

A lot of things will have to break the right way for him to get a chance. Hope it works out.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          A lot of things will have to break the right way for him to get a chance. Hope it works out.
                          Why? This isn't JaRon Harris... I actually like it
                          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                            Why? This isn't JaRon Harris... I actually like it
                            Why? Because Green Bay has the deepest receiving corps in the league. He will need to be nearly perfect in camp to sniff making the roster (or the Pack will have to suffer a rash of injuries at the WR position.) He'll also need to show that he can contribute on special teams. Everybody is pulling for Moss, but let's be realistic, the odds are against him.
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

[QUOTE=witness;203782Not to mention, that his agent knows what hes doing. [/QUOTE]

The same agent that said he'd "eat his computer if Moss was around that long" in the draft. That agent? Packers are a horrible spot for him to land.
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

The Packers also signed two other free agent WR - really makes you wonder what their thinking is.

Comment

Working...
                                X