Poll: Season Predictions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Season Predictions!

What's your take on how the team will do? I know there's a thread about the MVC, but I wanted to start a poll.

Here's their schedule:

Sept. 3 Southern Utah L

Sept. 10 @ Illinois L

Sept. 17 @ Cal Poly L

Sept. 24 @ Illinois State L

Oct. 1 Indiana State L

Oct. 8 @ YSU W

Oct. 15 UNI L

Oct. 22 NDSU W

Oct. 29 @ Missouri State W

Nov. 5 Southern Illinois W

Nov. 12 @ Western Illinois W
    3-8
    2.00%
    4-7
    4.00%
    5-6
    6.00%
    6-5
    18.00%
    7-4
    54.00%
    8-3
    14.00%
    9-2
    2.00%
    Other
    0.00%
    Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 08-22-2011, 02:14 PM.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Re: Poll: Season Predictions!

Voted 6-5. Hope I'm wrong and we get more wins but I feel like 6-5 is pretty realistic.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Using the Saragin Ratings based on last years results:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htm

The outcome would look like this:

vs Southern Utah = Win by 10
      @ Illinois = Lose by 16
      @ Cal Poly = Win by 1
      @ Illinois St = Win by 5
      vs Indiana St = Win by 11
      @ Youngstown St = Win by 3
      vs UNI = Lose by 0.04
      vs NDSU = Win by 3
      @ Missouri St = Win by 5
      vs SIU = Win by 5
      @ WIU = Win by 5

Season record = 9-2

I'LL TAKE IT!

Comment

I'll vote for 7-4, 3rd in the MVC and a playoff birth.

It's going to take alot of things to go right but I want to start the season out optimistic.

Go JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
          I'll vote for 7-4, 3rd in the MVC and a playoff birth.

It's going to take alot of things to go right but I want to start the season out optimistic.

Go JACKS!
          I'm with you. I"m no expert and I'll be cheering regardless but if there is a 9 in our win loss record I don't think it will be left of the dash.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            What's your take on how the team will do? I know there's a thread about the MVC, but I wanted to start a poll.

Here's their schedule:

Sept. 3 Southern Utah W

Sept. 10 @ Illinois L

Sept. 17 @ Cal Poly L

Sept. 24 @ Illinois State W

Oct. 1 Indiana State W

Oct. 8 @ YSU W

Oct. 15 UNI L

Oct. 22 NDSU W

Oct. 29 @ Missouri State W

Nov. 5 Southern Illinois W

Nov. 12 @ Western Illinois W
            IMHO Jacks should have a good shot of sweeping their ROAD MVFC games this season. If they fall in conference, it will be at CAS. I believe that they will at least split the home games. UNI & NDSU in back-to-back weeks should be the toughest two. The odd year seasons, under the current rotation, are the years the Jacks need to put together play-off seasons. This year, UNI/NDSU/ISU(B)/SIU are the likely top of the conference. Jacks get all 4 at home.

Not certain how the two GWFC games will go, but betting that the home team prevails in each. UofILL is likely to be an L, but we're also reaching a "should win one of these" vs FBS. Kind of a shame that none of the Sunbelt or MAC will invite the Jacks. Maybe in a 12 game season Jacks will add a Sun/WAC/MAC opponent.

Comment

One USD fan thinks will win 3 and the other 4, look forward to our guys proving hareball and yf wrong.

If this team doesn't win 6 games I'll be disappointed for sure. I'd like to see 7 wins which will be a lot more realistic if we start 3-1 and not 2-2. Winning 2 on the road in CA and IL is going to be tough so an opening week win is a must. If this team is ready and we start 3-1 any finish that doesn't include a playoff bid would be unacceptable in my opinion.

The major problem as I see it, we haven't started the season off well for awhile. I'm not a proponent of scheduling a cupcake or 2 to falsely boost confidence but you did need a certain number of wins to even get consideration for the playoffs and SUU and Cal-Poly are pretty darn tough FCS opponents. Let's start 3-1 and go from there. If not 2-2 will have to do and then getting 5 out of 7 W's is going to be a challenge to say the least.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
              X