Football Gameplan's Missouri Valley Conference Preview Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Gameplan's Missouri Valley Conference Preview Video

Good Evening Jackrabbit Fans!! Good Luck this Season!

Em

Re: Football Gameplan's Missouri Valley Conference Preview Video

Originally posted by EmDiggy View Post

Good Evening Jackrabbit Fans!! Good Luck this Season!

Em
    Um, you come on here and pick us eighth with your first post?
    Be ready to be proven really, really wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      Um, you come on here and pick us eighth with your first post?
      Be ready to be proven really, really wrong.
      Agreed. You are entitled to your opinion, but 8th is an incorrect one.

Comment

It looks like a very talented conference top to bottum, but lets hope we finish higher than eight. I think we can. Looks to be a good season with a lot of football to be played.

Comment

Thanks Em. I appreciate the work it must take to put one of these together for every FCS conference.

Nothing wrong with being the underdog. I'm looking forward to the season either way and hoping the Jacks prove a few people wrong this year.
          “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Not too bad. It's tough to break down a conference when the MVC doesn't get the football coverage that BCS teams do. One thing that bothered me though is how DJ McNorton (NDSU RB) got the offensive MVP, but wasn't mentioned in the conference's best RBs. They gave that to Western Illinois and Youngstown State. I don't get that. If they're going to name a RB as the preseason offensive MVP, he should be named one of the best RB's in the league.

In regards to the ranking, it just adds more fuel to the fire for the football team. They obviously have a lot to prove this year.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Thanks Gang!! I love to see the passion from fans! I expect you guys to have disagreement...if you guys didn't, I'd be worried! LOL! In all seriousness, I love the home field advantage you guys boast, now if you can carry that on the road...these predictions are going to be completely wrong... Which they might be anyway come November! Good Luck!

Comment

I do disagree with the prediction, but I thought that was a pretty solid review of the conference. The guy did some homework. Thanks for posting it, EmDiggy.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Yes, it was a nice preview of the conference. You have to pick some people somewhere. I think this conference is so close a fumble, or even a dropped pass in a crucial game, could readjust the standings for the entire conference. Especially the way everybody was in the middle of the pack last year, IMO.
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

SDSU should do fine, but it will be because a lot of "lesser known names" step up and REALLY shine. This will be a very good year for the Jacks, IF WIN AT HOME. With Mo St., ISU Red, WIU, and YSU on the road, I see a road sweep. All the teams that will be top half team in the conference PLAY IN BROOKINGS this season. Rabbits hold home field advantage, then we'll be a top team.

UNI returning a boatload of talent on both sides, tough to pick against them. Same goes for NDSU. If Jacks can win these two Oct games at home, I really like their chances for a play-off spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                      Yes, it was a nice preview of the conference. You have to pick some people somewhere. I think this conference is so close a fumble, or even a dropped pass in a crucial game, could readjust the standings for the entire conference. Especially the way everybody was in the middle of the pack last year, IMO.
                      I have to agree with you. UNI is the outright favorite but I think NDSU is getting way too much ink.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                        I have to agree with you. UNI is the outright favorite but I think NDSU is getting way too much ink.
                        I agree to an extent. NDSU, because of their playoff run, deserves some ink, but I'm not ready to crown them with UNI. If they can get good QB play out of Jensen and find a second WR, they're going to be a phenominal team. Their defense should be pretty stout and obviously their issue last year was offense. Get those two things done and they'll be a playoff team for sure.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I watched this video from the AGS link this morning and when he said SDSU was 8th I said out loud "no way" The Jackrabbits will be a tough opponent this year. BTW, my son and I are planning to make the trip to Brookings this year. It
                          will be a first for us! Looking forward to it.

Comment

I enjoyed the video and analysis...don't agree with all of it but its always good to hear about the other teams, guys to watch for etc.

I agree with Big Cat on ranking the Jackrabbits eighth...this season could very well be one of those seasons in which we send several teams home with an "L", contrary to the conventional wisdom.

Comment

Working...
                            X