Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fall Camp

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    I'm guessing that in addition to being a promotional thing, the tunnel is partly to avoid the weirdness of having the team standing on the field... waiting to take the field. The Dykhouse Center doesn't have a big garage door-type thing so that the team can come out en masse. They have to come out in twos through a normal door. So now a bunch of them can come out and fill the outside part of the tunnel without standing there waiting for something to happen. Makes for a more natural entrance.
    Exactly.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I would rather the team march or go under the stands and the intro video plays and run out in front of student section again IMO. The tunnel still isnt big enough to fit many players under before they run out. I would have built like a brick tunnel to look better. I guess if i had the money....
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Even though being a QB is very challenging, its not like this is TOB first ride at the circus, he was a QB in high school, and probably before then also, so understanding play development and timing etc should have been in the building process for years. He played well enough as a freshman coming in, not sure why it seemed to be such a struggle last year.

Yeah, this team goes the the way of TOB on offense, and the CB on D. If they play well enough this could be a play off team, If they struggle, we could be having last year repeat only losing big games at home this year.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Even though being a QB is very challenging, its not like this is TOB first ride at the circus, he was a QB in high school, and probably before then also, so understanding play development and timing etc should have been in the building process for years. He played well enough as a freshman coming in, not sure why it seemed to be such a struggle last year.

Yeah, this team goes the the way of TOB on offense, and the CB on D. If they play well enough this could be a play off team, If they struggle, we could be having last year repeat only losing big games at home this year.
          It's the standard thing where if you screw up as a freshman, everyone expects that anyway so what do you have to lose. The next year (especially after an impressive first season), expectations are high so you try extra hard not to screw up. There is a large difference between playing loose and playing not to screw up. There isn't a person on God's green earth that does anything well when they are doing it to not mess up. Hopefully he gets some of that "F**k it" mentality back and just lets it rip. He's definitely got the talent. Just gotta play loose and roll with it. I expect him to have a great year.

Comment

Working...
          X