College Sports Madness previews SDSU at #42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Sports Madness previews SDSU at #42

College Sports Madness has ranked SDSU at #42 in their top 44 FCS football countdown. Shows as #5 in the MVFC. Check out the preview article.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/1513

Re: College Sports Madness previews SDSU at #42

About hits it on the head......
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by collegesportsguy View Post
      College Sports Madness has ranked SDSU at #42 in their top 44 FCS football countdown. Shows as #5 in the MVFC. Check out the preview article.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/1513
      Returning Leaders:
      Rushing: Tyrel Kool, RB, -6 yards

Elohel
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Elohel[/FONT]
        Hey now, our leading returning rusher, Tyrel Kool, actually gained 2 yards last year. Not the -6 that site showed. SO there!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
          Hey now, our leading returning rusher, Tyrel Kool, actually gained 2 yards last year. Not the -6 that site showed. SO there!
          Sounds like we should just "cash it in".. We have a QB who throws too many picks, a running back with no rushing yards and a defense who has lost Domino and Brodie. Nice to know that the coaches/media have picked us to finish 4th. Seems they have more confidence in our team this fall than many Jackrabbit faithful?

Comment

I have faith...but he didn't write anything that wasn't true about the team. He has no idea how good our recruits are or the people plugging those holes....these are supposed to be the most talented bunch we've ever had....so my confidence is actually through the roof! I don't think losing Kyle is as big a detriment as some believe.
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I would guess that losing Kyle's leadership is they biggest detriment, when it comes to loosing him.

Comment

I dont think losing Minett will hurt as much as people think.. We will have a great duo in Kool and Clare.. Speed and Power.. Last year we didnt have a change of pace in the running backs.. Duffy was good, but he was just a lighter Minett.. I picture Clare taking the pounding while Kool comes in and bust for 50 yard TD's. Our O line will be better as well which will help. I think where ever the experts placed us, we should expect higher as fans.. not less.. Where the experts picked us should be what we use as our worst case scenario. Get Jacked and Lets Ring the Bell! Go Jacks!

Comment

Also, RB is one of the more overrate positions as far as importance go. It is a fairly easy position to learn, and the OL has just as much to with the success of the ground game as the running back, if not more.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Not to hate on RB's, but the O Line is definitely the most important part of a running game. Unless you're Barry Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                      Not to hate on RB's, but the O Line is definitely the most important part of a running game. Unless you're Barry Sanders.
                      Kyle complained about the lack of holes or gaps to run through many times last year. I hope that improves this year and I hope we can develop a running game outside of the tackles. O'B can't run at all and the "swing out" and flat passes got us almost nowhere last year.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Kyle complained about the lack of holes or gaps to run through many times last year. I hope that improves this year and I hope we can develop a running game outside of the tackles. O'B can't run at all and the "swing out" and flat passes got us almost nowhere last year.
                        I sure would like to see evidence of Kyle complaining about lack of holes. Who did he complain to and what proof do you have?
                        I know Kyle. He is too classy to complain. Nice job of mud throwing. I'll eat my words and apologize if you can show evidence of this. Many times?

It would shock me if Kyle ever complained about anything.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                          I sure would like to see evidence of Kyle complaining about lack of holes. Who did he complain to and what proof do you have?
                          I know Kyle. He is too classy to complain. Nice job of mud throwing. I'll eat my words and apologize if you can show evidence of this. Many times?

It would shock me if Kyle ever complained about anything.
                          Stating that Kyle complained is not accurate, you are right about that. Poor choice of words on my part.

Not trying to sling any mud and didn't mean to imply that Kyle felt the O-line wasn't doing their best. They certainly did a great job protecting TOB. I don't know how you want to interpret many, that isn't really relevant. My point and like others in this thread, is that the O-line will be the biggest factor as it pertains to a successful running game and that is usually not a concern. In other words, the O-line will likely be just as solid as ever and the RB's will have opportunities.

As for proof, I'm not sure how I provide that nor do I think its necessary to make my point. You can choose to believe me or not. There were times against certain opponents where our O-line was overmatched. Happens to every team.

Complained was definitely the wrong word to use to describe what I was told. Instead I should have said others felt there were some games where we lost the battle at the LOS and Kyle didn't have the gap or hole needed to make plays on the ground.

Thanks for setting me straight.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                            Stating that Kyle complained is not accurate, you are right about that. Poor choice of words on my part.

Not trying to sling any mud and didn't mean to imply that Kyle felt the O-line wasn't doing their best. They certainly did a great job protecting TOB. I don't know how you want to interpret many, that isn't really relevant. My point and like others in this thread, is that the O-line will be the biggest factor as it pertains to a successful running game and that is usually not a concern. In other words, the O-line will likely be just as solid as ever and the RB's will have opportunities.

As for proof, I'm not sure how I provide that nor do I think its necessary to make my point. You can choose to believe me or not. There were times against certain opponents where our O-line was overmatched. Happens to every team.

Complained was definitely the wrong word to use to describe what I was told. Instead I should have said others felt there were some games where we lost the battle at the LOS and Kyle didn't have the gap or hole needed to make plays on the ground.

Thanks for setting me straight.
                            Kyle M was a very good runner for the blue and gold and I don't think anyone will ever argue that. My hope is that Tyrel K or whoever is back there hits the hole quicker. There are times when we lose the battle at the LOS- we are playing against some very talented Defensive LOS's. I hope that the quickness of our next back will serve us better.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                              Kyle M was a very good runner for the blue and gold and I don't think anyone will ever argue that.
                              Did you perhaps mean blue and yellow, or were you thinking of his high school days?
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                              X