Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Less Than 3 Months

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Some not so good news that I'm not sure has been mentioned. TOB has been fighting mono for the past 3 weeks and has been to tired to do much. Hopefully he starts feeling better so he can get in some reps with his teammates.
    Almost every player on the team has had mono at one point or another in their careers at SDSU. This is not something unusual nor should it be used as an excuse. Unfortuneately with the proximity of the players, it is hard to prevent.

Comment

Who is the first to insert a kissing joke right about now.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Who is the first to insert a kissing joke right about now.
        talk about a slow pitch right down the center of the plate...

Comment

Well I've been reading many of the post you guys put up and I have to say we are excited to be apart of the Jackrabbit family. About to make the AZ to SDSU road trip and we should be in Brooking Wednesday. Was hoping to get a few ideas about places to stay,fishing and maybe just maybe a round of golf. Would appreciate any input.

Comment

Originally posted by NewJack2011 View Post
            Well I've been reading many of the post you guys put up and I have to say we are excited to be apart of the Jackrabbit family. About to make the AZ to SDSU road trip and we should be in Brooking Wednesday. Was hoping to get a few ideas about places to stay,fishing and maybe just maybe a round of golf. Would appreciate any input.
            Let me be the first to welcome you NewJack!!

There are two golf courses in Brookings. Edgebrook GC is the one that you'll see when you come up from SF on the 1-29. Decent course depending on your level of play/handicap and quite a bit less expensive.
            http://www.cityofbrookings.org/depar...golfcourse.php
            Brooking Country Club is a Semi-Private club meaning you can play without a member. You'll pay a bit more if you're playing with out a memeber, but in AZ golf/$$ standards you may still find it fairly cheap. Around $65 with a cart. One of my favorite courses in SD, but I am biased, as from the time I had my driver's license...14...I grew up playing this GC. You'll like it, I have no doubt. This is also the SDSU men's/women's home golf course.
            http://www.brookingscc.com/

Fishing, I'm bit less of an expert, but I've always heard Lake Thompsen is great for walleye fishing which is SE of DeSmet Lake Poinsett, which is north of Arlington, SD seems to be a good fishing/rec lake. I'll get other posters elaorate more on the fishing. I'm sure there are some closer to Brookings that I'm missing.

Have a great time in Brookings and in SD in general. IMO, Brooking is a lot different in the summer than when school is in session. I actually love the summers in Brookings, but look fwd to the fall and SDSU football every year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Jacks!!
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

College and high school football might be all the pigskin action we'll get this fall.
              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                College and high school football might be all the pigskin action we'll get this fall.
                The NFL will get a deal by the middle of this month imo. Too much $ to be lost even in preseason games. Greed is sometimes referred to as the root of all evil but when the millionaires(players) stand up to the billionaires(owners) it sometimes takes quite awhile to get it done. Love the NFL games so hopefully the season will continue!!!

Comment

Thanks Propar80 for the welcome and the info.

Comment

Thanks Propar80 for the welcome and the info.
                    Welcome NewJack. Fishing in the eastern parts of SD can be excellent. Previous post listed Thompson and Poinsett. Both would be excellent choices. Others would include Waubay, Twin, Albert, Siani. But, if you want great walleye fishing the Missouri river in the central part of the state is recognized as one of the greatest walleye fisheries in the nation. It is said that lake Oahe on the Missouri river has more shore line than the coast of California. Its a huge body of water.

Again Welcome and GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                      Welcome NewJack. Fishing in the eastern parts of SD can be excellent. Previous post listed Thompson and Poinsett. Both would be excellent choices. Others would include Waubay, Twin, Albert, Siani. But, if you want great walleye fishing the Missouri river in the central part of the state is recognized as one of the greatest walleye fisheries in the nation. It is said that lake Oahe on the Missouri river has more shore line than the coast of California. Its a huge body of water.

Again Welcome and GBGBGJ

Thanks Chains. I think we crossed the Missouri river coming in. It looked massive. After driving for 23hrs I think I want to stay as local as possible. Though that was a beautiful site to see. You guys have a diamond in the rough here. This is a cool town. We left AZ it was 112 degrees got here 85. I left my clubs but I think I will be renting some tomorrow. I have to take advantage of being outside at noon and it not be life threatening.

Comment

Thanks Chains. I think we crossed the Missouri river coming in. It looked massive. After driving for 23hrs I think I want to stay as local as possible. Though that was a beautiful site to see. You guys have a diamond in the rough here. This is a cool town. We left AZ it was 112 degrees got here 85. I left my clubs but I think I will be renting some tomorrow. I have to take advantage of being outside at noon and it not be life threatening.
                        Welcome New Jack!!!! Hope u feel the same way when its 25 below!!!!!! (-;

Comment

Well Leaving Brooking and I'd like to thank everyone that I encountered that showed me some great Jackrabbit hospitality. Got to see the Arts & Crafts fair(never seen so many tents before in my life). Got to tackle Edgebrook golf course. Had a few of Nick's Famous burgers. Had a beer or 2 at some of the downtown bars. Saw the campus, got a tour of the new Dykhouse facility. Got to meet TOB & Aaron Rollins (great kids). I'm sure I will be back for a few games in the fall and maybe a few on the road being that I'm traveling to see the Jackrabbits play anyway. Thanks again to those that offered helpful info and to those that welcomed me to Brooking. Looking forward to coming in February I've never been in temperatures below zero and I've never been ice fishing.

Comment

Well Leaving Brooking and I'd like to thank everyone that I encountered that showed me some great Jackrabbit hospitality. Got to see the Arts & Crafts fair(never seen so many tents before in my life). Got to tackle Edgebrook golf course. Had a few of Nick's Famous burgers. Had a beer or 2 at some of the downtown bars. Saw the campus, got a tour of the new Dykhouse facility. Got to meet TOB & Aaron Rollins (great kids). I'm sure I will be back for a few games in the fall and maybe a few on the road being that I'm traveling to see the Jackrabbits play anyway. Thanks again to those that offered helpful info and to those that welcomed me to Brooking. Looking forward to coming in February I've never been in temperatures below zero and I've never been ice fishing.
                            From a guy who was born in South Dakota, then later lived in California, let me tell you that you will never feel anything like the cold you will feel when it is sub zero temps. Although I will say you get used to it quickly, and a nice cocktail seems to warm the soul quickly. It is great to hear you liked Brookings. It is a very nice town, the people there love the Jackrabbits, and I don't know if you will ever find a better person than Coach Stig. We hope your future travels are just as good.

Comment

Quite a bit of thread drift. It is probably time to close the thread or re title it - THREE WEEKS UNTIL FALL CAMP.

Comment

Working...
                              X