Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Ball Update

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
    How would u know that the Jacks offense would be easier to learn for the WR's? A simple 12 yard curl route/comeback route can have 4 or 5 different adjustments to it depending on what the coverage is- whether they are playing Cover 1, Cover2, Cover 3 or Cover 4 just to name a few different secondary schemes. Remember that the WR has to be on the same page of the QB at all times. Its not as easy as it sounds.
    That's all great but our WR's stand at the LOS and wait for the ball to be thrown to them. Then we punt.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      That's all great but our WR's stand at the LOS and wait for the ball to be thrown to them. Then we punt.
      Well, with the pistol instead of the gun, it will get there faster! (less time off the clock).

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        not a bad point!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
          Thats great today will be the 2nd day of practice though
          Even better, he caught it his first day!!!!

I thought they started Monday. I'll have to scold my student source...

Sounds like they'll have to practice a Saturday or two to get the 15 in by 4-16.

Thanks for the correction.

Go Jacks!!!

Comment

If I'm not correct they cancelled the first day of practice making the second day of practice the first...and your info kind of correct...

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              If I'm not correct they cancelled the first day of practice making the second day of practice the first...and your info kind of correct...
              The first day of practice was scheduled to be last Friday, which was cancelled. It just doesn't matter. I kinda like how you explained it.

The important thing is Moss caught a TD!!!!!

Make sure everyone questions TV today in the chat. I'm gonna have to miss at as I'm on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                Dale Moss caught a TD his second day of practice.

I'm excited about the things I'm hearing about Dale Moss. Adding an athlete like him to the mix sure is good...
                that doesn't mean much (TD). the players are getting their legs back and there isn't much defense being played in these practices. the main concern is no injuries and getting some offensive timing down.

Comment

A lot of talk about WR's and justifiable so, it'll be interesting to see who the go to guys ends up being (Aaron Rollin).

Like TV though, I'm most excited though to see what happens with the secondary. Who's going to fill Brodies shoes?

I assume Anthony Wise will be a starter and solid. I think Rodkem Matthews will be a playmaker this year. I also think Daryl Jackson will be solid.

I'm a huge Bo Helm fan though. He'd been an absolute stud on special teams, especially last year. He hasn't seen a ton of time on D, but I think we'll be hearing his name on the defensive end quite a bit this year.

I see Koehlmoos is still listed on the roster...he was very highly touted when he was recruited, but I thought he ran into some academic issues and wasn't going to play or even transferred? Am I on crack? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else?
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    A lot of talk about WR's and justifiable so, it'll be interesting to see who the go to guys ends up being (Aaron Rollin).

Like TV though, I'm most excited though to see what happens with the secondary. Who's going to fill Brodies shoes?

I assume Anthony Wise will be a starter and solid. I think Rodkem Matthews will be a playmaker this year. I also think Daryl Jackson will be solid.

I'm a huge Bo Helm fan though. He'd been an absolute stud on special teams, especially last year. He hasn't seen a ton of time on D, but I think we'll be hearing his name on the defensive end quite a bit this year.

I see Koehlmoos is still listed on the roster...he was very highly touted when he was recruited, but I thought he ran into some academic issues and wasn't going to play or even transferred? Am I on crack? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else?
                    Koehlmoos tranferred to a junior college, they must have not updated the roster completely yet.

The secondary is the biggest enigma for next season. It was suggested previously by someone that maybe Wise should move over to SS. I can see that happening and than having Helm/Matthews man the FS spot.

At CB there is:
                    Daryl Jackson - finished the year pretty solid last season starting in the last half
                    David Godley - JUCO who won't be here until fall. Like Jackson, will probably play more in the latter half of the season.
                    Winston Wright - Athletic and aggressive but seemed unnatural last year and was caught out of position.
                    2 Sleepers IMO - True freshman JeRyan Butler and Redshirt freshman Avery Boykin (Boykin signed originally to Army)

I think Ramel Crenshaw might have been moved to Safety and could see some spot duty there next season along with Junior Skylar Luxa.

As far as WR goes, here's my guesstimate at some stats for next season.

Hubert 55 rec, 575 yds, 3 TD
                    Rollin 50 rec, 575 yds, 4 TD
                    Moss 35 rec, 450 yds, 5 TD
                    Kool 30 rec, 225 yds, 2 TD
                    Tiefenthaler 25 rec, 400 yds, 3 TD

Sad that I can't wait for football and the snow isn't off the ground yet.

Comment

Ok, thanks for clearing the Koehlmoos thing up...I thought it was him that transfered out.

I hadn't heard of the Godfrey kid, and I didn't mention Jeryan Butler because I assume he'll redshirt.

I agree with the Winston Wright sentiment. I think he'll come around this year. There is Dom Wright as well.

I, as well...am hankering for some football already.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Ok, thanks for clearing the Koehlmoos thing up...I thought it was him that transfered out.

I hadn't heard of the Godfrey kid, and I didn't mention Jeryan Butler because I assume he'll redshirt.

I agree with the Winston Wright sentiment. I think he'll come around this year. There is Dom Wright as well.

I, as well...am hankering for some football already.
                        I noticed the other day that Dom Wright was listed as a DB on the roster...does anybody know for sure if he is playing defense or at WR?
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

kooelmoos is gone

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                            I noticed the other day that Dom Wright was listed as a DB on the roster...does anybody know for sure if he is playing defense or at WR?
                            He has been a WR since he came here and still is

Comment

I wonder if Bo Helm will be returning kickoffs this next fall?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                                Koehlmoos tranferred to a junior college, they must have not updated the roster completely yet.

The secondary is the biggest enigma for next season. It was suggested previously by someone that maybe Wise should move over to SS. I can see that happening and than having Helm/Matthews man the FS spot.

At CB there is:
                                Daryl Jackson - finished the year pretty solid last season starting in the last half
                                David Godley - JUCO who won't be here until fall. Like Jackson, will probably play more in the latter half of the season.
                                Winston Wright - Athletic and aggressive but seemed unnatural last year and was caught out of position.
                                2 Sleepers IMO - True freshman JeRyan Butler and Redshirt freshman Avery Boykin (Boykin signed originally to Army)

I think Ramel Crenshaw might have been moved to Safety and could see some spot duty there next season along with Junior Skylar Luxa.

As far as WR goes, here's my guesstimate at some stats for next season.

Hubert 55 rec, 575 yds, 3 TD
                                Rollin 50 rec, 575 yds, 4 TD
                                Moss 35 rec, 450 yds, 5 TD
                                Kool 30 rec, 225 yds, 2 TD
                                Tiefenthaler 25 rec, 400 yds, 3 TD

Sad that I can't wait for football and the snow isn't off the ground yet.
                                Solid post.

I think Jackson pretty much has one of the corners nailed down. When he was elevated to the starting line-up, the D seemed improved, at least to me.
                                I think Wright/Helm battle it out for the other starter with the 3rd guy playing "nickel". Like you said Godly could work his way in there, not sure exactly what we have there.

Butler? It would be nice if he could redshirt, just to give him another year...but Brodie started for four years. If he earns a spot, he earns the spot.

My guess is Wise/Matthews as the starting Safeties.

WR- I'm actually pretty excited for this group.
                                Rollin #1
                                Hubert #2
                                Tiefenthaler #3
                                Moss ???

To be honest, I'm a bit more worried about TE than Wideout, with Byer and Cochardt gone...that's alot of snaps. And we use the TE alot.

Comment

Working...
                                X