• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks#1Fan
    replied
    Re: SDSU vs. Illinois

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    This is the only reservation I have...being with one guy down near the field. I think the Nebraska game would have not been as fun if I had sat down near the field(except for the better view of Kyle's 3 TD's and Derek's TD that never was). I know I never would have forgiven myself had SDSU won and I would have been surrounded by Husker fans(they might not have been so forgiving either!)
    To that end does anyone have a clue where they put the visitor's tix?
    In Sections 208 and 209, which is in the upperlevel at one end of the field about even with the endzone. You can go to the University of Illinois athletic page and click on Memorial Stadium, and then on Seating and see the Section chart.

Leave a comment:

• SturgisJeff
    replied

Wife said I could go. (yea right) so I may need two tickest. one for me and one for the wifes spy, I mean body guard ( one of my kids). I'll be looking on my own but you never know. Any one know what the Illinois policy is on bringing an RV or trailer and parking it in a lot? It's got a generator so power is no problem.

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I had the same experience. So, its a matter of preference. If you want the best possible seat to view the game from, Stub Hub is for you. If you want the best game day experience, in my opinion, you choose the tickets offered by your university. Needless to say, I will be purchasing tickets through the SDSU athletic dept.

This is the only reservation I have...being with one guy down near the field. I think the Nebraska game would have not been as fun if I had sat down near the field(except for the better view of Kyle's 3 TD's and Derek's TD that never was). I know I never would have forgiven myself had SDSU won and I would have been surrounded by Husker fans(they might not have been so forgiving either!)
    To that end does anyone have a clue where they put the visitor's tix?

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
    Booked a room at Hawthorn Suites. May need to get two, not positive yet. Got my ticket order form in the mail for this game as well. Right now, I only need two but if someone else needs more tickets, let me know and I can request more. Really looking forward to this trip.
    I may want a few more if they only offer me 6. I will let you know, haven't gotten my ticket order in the mail yet.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by yotefan90 View Post
    I thought the same thing when I went to Minnesota last year and I opted for the better seats. I got 4 tickets on the 30 yard line lower level, 5th row behind the USD bench via stub hub for the same money as the USD offering (which were upper deck in the corner). My only regret is that as the game progressed and USD continued leading, I was surrounded by Gopher fans and I was keeping a reserved attitude. However, at the same time I would keep looking up to the USD fan section in the upper corner of the endzone and saw how they were on their feet and rocking the whole time. To this day I still wish I had sat up there with the rest of the group.
    I had the same experience. So, its a matter of preference. If you want the best possible seat to view the game from, Stub Hub is for you. If you want the best game day experience, in my opinion, you choose the tickets offered by your university. Needless to say, I will be purchasing tickets through the SDSU athletic dept.

Leave a comment:

• yotefan90
    replied

Someone talk me into purchasing tickets thru SDSU and not stub hub. I can pay a 1/3 the cost and not sit in the nose bleed section. What does the university miss out on because I don't purchase tix thru them? Trying to support but "these be tough economic times".
    I thought the same thing when I went to Minnesota last year and I opted for the better seats. I got 4 tickets on the 30 yard line lower level, 5th row behind the USD bench via stub hub for the same money as the USD offering (which were upper deck in the corner). My only regret is that as the game progressed and USD continued leading, I was surrounded by Gopher fans and I was keeping a reserved attitude. However, at the same time I would keep looking up to the USD fan section in the upper corner of the endzone and saw how they were on their feet and rocking the whole time. To this day I still wish I had sat up there with the rest of the group.

Leave a comment:

• propar80
    replied

Someone talk me into purchasing tickets thru SDSU and not stub hub. I can pay a 1/3 the cost and not sit in the nose bleed section. What does the university miss out on because I don't purchase tix thru them? Trying to support but "these be tough economic times".

I believe SDSU doesn't make any $$ on the tickets, they actually pay for them upfront I believe.
    I think they do this just so SDSU fans can sit together and forsure have tickets.

Go Jacks!!

Leave a comment:

• Theee Catrabbit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jacks#1Fan
    replied

Would like to be there too, but have a conflict and won't be able to make the trip...first FBS game I will have missed.

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

Booked a room at Hawthorn Suites. May need to get two, not positive yet. Got my ticket order form in the mail for this game as well. Right now, I only need two but if someone else needs more tickets, let me know and I can request more. Really looking forward to this trip.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

We have a fairly large contingent from Yankton heading out that way. We could stay at the family home but I want to be with the Jackrabbit crew.

Once I have details regarding the tailgate pass I intend to invite the board members so stay tuned for that. Per my aunt, tailgating is not a sensation at Illinois so she is unsure how populated the lots will be. I told her we'd have a party both Friday and Saturday regardless.

So, if you are on the fence at all about this trip I say make it and between the SDSU alumni event and the Yankton Jackrabbit Club's efforts it will be worth your while. Here is a link to the Hawthorne suites which is right beside the stadium.

http://www.hawthorn.com/Hawthorn/con...opertyId=30805

There are a couple of other hotels right near the campus as well. Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood suites and something called the I.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Leave a comment:

• mango4
    replied

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    #Winning
    That's not just #winning, that's #biwinning

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

I'd like to bump this thread to see if we can get some idea on who is going to this game and where people are staying. I looked at the I Hotel which is right on campus but it requires a two night stay and at least two rooms (according to the website's reservation feature). Anyone have plans yet? I'd like to get started with mine.
    If I Go, I'll be residing in the Delta chapter house of the Sigma Phi Delta International Fraternity of Engineers link: http://sigphis.org/

Its only a 5 min walk to the stadium if that I've been there, and like Lincoln and most major stadiums real football is not played there... just some kids playin around on carpet... Nice place otherwise. I snuck in during the remodel!

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Hawthorne suites, 9 rooms for Fri and Sat night. I will have a tailgate lot pass. Uncle works for U of I foundation.
    #Winning

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

I'd like to bump this thread to see if we can get some idea on who is going to this game and where people are staying. I looked at the I Hotel which is right on campus but it requires a two night stay and at least two rooms (according to the website's reservation feature). Anyone have plans yet? I'd like to get started with mine.
    Hawthorne suites, 9 rooms for Fri and Sat night. I will have a tailgate lot pass. Uncle works for U of I foundation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X