2012 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Recruiting List

Probably not a tough decison for this young man if those were his choices...

Comment

I like to see us get some local talent, and give these SD kids a chance to see how the develop, but it sure would be nice to see some higher profile recruits. I am guessing many of the current recruits are waiting to see if they get FBS offers before committing. Anyway, no need to panic, there is alot of time before February to recruit.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
        Very good athlete and obviously very fast. The kid has had a tough life.
        Fast indeed. As a junior at the state track meet, he ran a 11.18 in the 100m, 22.75 in the 200m, & 50.17 in the 400m. Just beating out current SDSU WR Trevor Sikink in each race.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
          Fast indeed. As a junior at the state track meet, he ran a 11.18 in the 100m, 22.75 in the 200m, & 50.17 in the 400m. Just beating out current SDSU WR Trevor Sikink in each race.
          11.18 in the 100m dash and 50.17 in the 400m is not that fast IMO. Maybe they can improve that speed. I've never ran the 200m so I'm not as familiar with those times. Obviously the coaching staff sees something in this kid and I'll trust them.

What are people referring to how he had a tough life? What's his story?
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            11.18 in the 100m dash and 50.17 in the 400m is not that fast IMO. Maybe they can improve that speed. I've never ran the 200m so I'm not as familiar with those times. Obviously the coaching staff sees something in this kid and I'll trust them.

What are people referring to how he had a tough life? What's his story?
            So being one of the fastest kids in the state is not that fast then???
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I don't think that was his best time, that's just what he ran at the state meet. It could have been against a stiff wind.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                According to Scout 2 recruits from Arizona will be visiting this coming weekend

Austin Farnof an OG http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=5438556
                Marshall Peugh (JUCO) a DE http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=5594589

(If this has already been posted ignore it)
                Lets hope we don't have a snow strom or worse yet a blizzard this weekend. Thats all we need to scare off two good prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                  So being one of the fastest kids in the state is not that fast then???
                  I ran faster times and I wasn't the fastest kid. It's my perspective I guess. And I must have missed he was the fastest kid in the state.

Edit: I had to look this up and I still think I'm right (not that it matters, just trying to prove a point). He would have placed 6th in the 100m dash in class AA. Also, Jaron Harris ran a 10.59 for his 100m dash in HS for comparison (although it is the record). That's quite a bit of difference.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Per Terry V's Twitter 3rd verbal from DT Logan Rath 6'4 245 from Giltner, NE.

Comment

I ran faster times and I wasn't the fastest kid. It's my perspective I guess. And I must have missed he was the fastest kid in the state.

Edit: I had to look this up and I still think I'm right (not that it matters, just trying to prove a point). He would have placed 6th in the 100m dash in class AA. Also, Jaron Harris ran a 10.59 for his 100m dash in HS for comparison (although it is the record). That's quite a bit of difference.
                      I've seen him play a couple of times, he's pretty dang fast. He gets the tiniest bit of room and he's gone.

I think he would be a good return man for the Jacks in addition to playing defensive back, needs to work on his cuts though, seems a little bit slow out of them at times.

Comment

His times aren't unbelievable but they are decently fast considering he was a Junior. The 400m time was probably his best. Either way, those times translate into D1 athlete IMO and he has this year to better them.

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
                          Per Terry V's Twitter 3rd verbal from DT Logan Rath 6'4 245 from Giltner, NE.
                          Highlights of Logan:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/20370/logan-rath

He looks long and already weighs 245 lbs, so there is definitely some potential to beef him up to the 290+ lbs range. If he retains his speed, he could be a good player for the Jacks in the future.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Nothing against him I love kids who want to go to state but we were competing with an avg d 2 school and a transition d 2 school.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                              Highlights of Logan:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/20370/logan-rath

He looks long and already weighs 245 lbs, so there is definitely some potential to beef him up to the 290+ lbs range. If he retains his speed, he could be a good player for the Jacks in the future.

Is that 8 man football. He does look bigger and faster than all the other 15 players on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                Nothing against him I love kids who want to go to state but we were competing with an avg d 2 school and a transition d 2 school.
                                Remember when this was getting said about a certain guard on the men's basketball team?

Not saying he's going to have as much impact as Wolters had but if the staff thinks he can help, he probably can.

Comment

Working...
                                X