X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 Recruiting List

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
    Weren't they at the UNI game?
    I've heard they are being pretty tight lipped about their recruitment but don't know why. This same person has said he thinks the better of the two is leaning toward SDSU and his brother is actually leaning toward DWU because he wants to continue to wrestle.

Take that for what it is worth.

Comment

Originally posted by usfhawk View Post
      Another kid that has been getting some interest is Adam Teunissen from West Lyon (same school as Tracy and Van Voorst). Teunissen is a 6'5" 200 athlete prospect that could play WR/TE/S/LB/DE. Extremely skilled athlete. I know that the staff has been in close contact with him.
      Would be a great get for the Jacks. Saw him play against CL-GLR and he was on another level. I've got an inside contact with Adam who tells me that most schools are recruiting him at the safety position, but he's not really digging it. There was some interest early from the bigger schools, but that seems to have waned. One of Adam's concerns with going to SDSU is that it is "West Lyon North". Wouldn't be suprised to see him end up at Augie or USF as a wide receiver.

Comment

How about Tom Peitz from Crofton, NE. Ran for 464 yards in one game earlier this year, that is right, 1 game 464 yards. Brother Greg Peitz played at SDSU, brother Eric at Colorado St. I saw Tom at the Yankton vs Pierre playoff game on Tuesday but didn't get to talk to him. He was wearing Colorado State sweat pants. He was 1st team all-state on defense last year while playing on a broken foot. Kid is tough as nails and I think a perfect guy for the Jackrabbits.

http://www.norfolkdailynews.com/spor...9bb30f31a.html

Turns out, the Crofton stat keeper failed to include the yardage from a Peitz run that ended with a fumble. Wisner-Pilger sent a fax to Hoffman on Thursday to inform him that they had Peitz listed as having run for 465 yards on 34 carries.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Dylan Utter is a beast! He is the type of d-tackle that would help clog the middle. He has been receiving interest from the Jacks in addition to the Bison and several BCS schools.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Dylan-Utter-120498

F
          riday night I watched him play against a very solid Kearney team and he dominated the trenches. He was constantly double teamed and was still disrupting plays in the backfield. Despite his 5.4 speed, he also was running down players on the wings too. He did this while playing two ways for the entire game and even had two carries for 12 yards and a touchdown.

He is pictured in the middle blocking Jackson Gannon, #53. The Gannon kid is considered one of the better junior d-tackles in the class of 2013 in Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            How about Tom Peitz from Crofton, NE. Ran for 464 yards in one game earlier this year, that is right, 1 game 464 yards. Brother Greg Peitz played at SDSU, brother Eric at Colorado St....
            Don't forget brother Matt Peitz, SDSU's long-snapper, a sophomore. This afternoon at Cubbys/radio show, Coach Stig gave a pat on the back to Matt for his play this season and against Missouri State.

Comment

I would tend to think Tom Peitz is on the radar screen at SDSU. He has the athleticism to play other positions too, and if he gets to play, that might be a considering factor in his choice.
              Last edited by Nidaros; 11-03-2011, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Ty Soulek, 6-2 290 lb. defensive tackle from Yankton is drawing interest from SDSU, USD, NDSU, UND, and UNI. He hasn't been offered yet by State but is going up this weekend for the game. His mom is a SDSU grad. A name to watch for next year is his younger brother Kellen. He is 6-4 275 lbs. and quicker than his older brother. He may go higher than FCS.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
                  Ty Soulek, 6-2 290 lb. defensive tackle from Yankton is drawing interest from SDSU, USD, NDSU, UND, and UNI. He hasn't been offered yet by State but is going up this weekend for the game. His mom is a SDSU grad. A name to watch for next year is his younger brother Kellen. He is 6-4 275 lbs. and quicker than his older brother. He may go higher than FCS.
                  Soulek is a familiar name from Yankton, maybe a grandpa played in the late 1950's? If so lets get him signed.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
                    I think he'll be a bit of a project. Will need to get bigger and stronger but that is true of most D-tackle prospects. I've watched him fairly closely and it seems like he takes a few plays off and could be a little more intense. I'm not sure how much interest each program really has in him. Perhaps YanktonRabbit can say more.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Found this old article on rivals listing SDSU has had contact with this player. RB John Wiernicki from Galt, CA 6'0 192

http://arizonapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1253361

Comment

Anybody know if the Barber twins from Dell Rapids are DI material?

Channing Barber dominated the 11A title game. Without seeing him play, that sounds like DI material to me but was wondering others opinions.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          I think he'll be a bit of a project. Will need to get bigger and stronger but that is true of most D-tackle prospects. I've watched him fairly closely and it seems like he takes a few plays off and could be a little more intense. I'm not sure how much interest each program really has in him. Perhaps YanktonRabbit can say more.
                          Bigger than 6-2. 290? My goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            Bigger than 6-2. 290? My goodness.
                            Let me rephrase that, stronger and more agile.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                              Anybody know if the Barber twins from Dell Rapids are DI material?

Channing Barber dominated the 11A title game. Without seeing him play, that sounds like DI material to me but was wondering others opinions.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports
                              Could be a pretty solid return guy if nothing else.
                              “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by rjacks21 View Post
                                Could be a pretty solid return guy if nothing else.
                                Looks like people have discussed this in teh south dakota high school football championship thread and that both Barber's have received interest from SDSU.

I looked up his size and they list him on maxpreps at 5'8" 130. That certainly does make it harder to find a spot for him on a DI roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X