Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Recruiting List

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    We're down to two days until signing day,and the Jacks are down to a couple of spots left to fill . If you could pick one of the players that have offers to top off the class,who would it be ? Mine would be Sam Lee,the 6'5 300 lb OL from Blue Earth,MN. Holds a preferred walk-on offer from the Gophers. Combine him with the other OL who have commited and we would have a group who could dominate the line of scrimmage.
    Sam Lee would be a great addition to this class. So would Drake Michaelson in terms of who'd we have to beat out to get him (has offers from a lot of MAC schools), but I wouldn't say OLB is one of our most pressing needs for this class.

Therefore, I'll go with defensive end Davierre Cummins out of Arizona, since I think we really need an DE in this class after losing Brian Bayer.

Cummins played DE in a 3-4, so he mixed it up inside more than he rushed from the end. However, he is 6'2, 250 lbs, and seems to have plenty of speed to play the strong side end position. Here is a video of him:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/979597/davierre-cummins
    Last edited by Kemo; 01-29-2012, 10:28 PM.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      Sam Lee would be a great addition to this class. So would Drake Michaelson in terms of who'd we have to beat out to get him (has offers from a lot of MAC schools), but I wouldn't say OLB is one of are most pressing needs for this class.

Therefore, I'll go with defensive end Davierre Cummins out of Arizona, since I think we really need an DE in this class after losing Brian Bayer.

Cummins played DE in a 3-4, so he mixed it up inside more than he rushed from the end. However, he is 6'2, 250 lbs, and seems to have plenty of speed to play the strong side end position. Here is a video of him:

I agree. There are already 3 OL recruited for this class. Adding a fourth may be too much, but obviously if it was a highly regarded kid they would take him. They need a few more defensive players in this class.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        Sam Lee would be a great addition to this class. So would Drake Michaelson in terms of who'd we have to beat out to get him (has offers from a lot of MAC schools), but I wouldn't say OLB is one of our most pressing needs for this class.

LB Michaelson has narrowed his final choices and we aren't on the list.

Comment

Who is the Brian Bayer mentioned? Mean Brian Burke? Is he not coming back?
          Originally posted by mitchell View Post
          LB Michaelson has narrowed his final choices and we aren't on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
            Brian Bayer was the DE from Howells, NE that committed to the Jacks but then rescinded the committment because he wanted to play college basketball instead. He is the high school teammate of Jordan Brichacek.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/foo...n-Bayer-122127

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
              I believe Bayer is the Nebraska kid who gave us a verbal, then changed his mind and decided to play basketball instead.
              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

That's why I come to this site... Thanks to both of you for the info... Love this site..
                Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Brian Bayer was the DE from Howells, NE that committed to the Jacks but then rescinded the committment because he wanted to play college basketball instead. He is the high school teammate of Jordan Brichacek.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/foo...n-Bayer-122127

Comment

DT Tyler Hartmann from Andover,MN accepted preferred walk-on offer from Minnesota.

Comment

Nick Meixell from Lake Crystal. Played Quarterback in High School. Listed as LB commit to SDSU.
                    http://www.mnfootballhub.com/page/sh...ge-commitments

Comment

We're down to two days until signing day,and the Jacks are down to a couple of spots left to fill . If you could pick one of the players that have offers to top off the class,who would it be ? Mine would be Sam Lee,the 6'5 300 lb OL from Blue Earth,MN. Holds a preferred walk-on offer from the Gophers. Combine him with the other OL who have commited and we would have a group who could dominate the line of scrimmage.
                      Just read on Gopherhole that Lee chose Augie over a scholarship offer from the Jacks and preferred walk-on from the Gophers. Apparently he has two brothers playing at Augie.

Comment

Just read on Gopherhole that Lee chose Augie over a scholarship offer from the Jacks and preferred walk-on from the Gophers. Apparently he has two brothers playing at Augie.
                        Yes, Nick and Jake. Also Nick was on SDSU's roster a couple years back and then transferred to Augie.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Nick Meixell from Lake Crystal. Played Quarterback in High School. Listed as LB commit to SDSU.
                          http://www.mnfootballhub.com/page/sh...ge-commitments
                          Per TV twitter he will walk-on. Perhaps the article says that, I didn't read it.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

From the OC Varsity Blog (Orange County Register - CA):

Aliso Niguel athlete Kyle Paris has committed to South Dakota State as a running back, the senior confirmed in a text message.

Paris will join forces at South Dakota State with former Dana Hills standout Trent Mason

Link: http://ocvarsity.freedomblogging.com...school/252549/

Comment

I cant wait to see all the kids sign. sounds like we got some really decent guys here good players and good size. Part of me cant stop but wonder who will be the future play maker or who makes the big sack on hobo days. Also I wonder who will not pan out and be gone after a year or two. Also who do we lose from this list tomorrow and who do we get that isnt on this list.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

WR Edgar Poe who had an offer from SDSU has committed to Army.

Comment

Working...
                                X