2012 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Recruiting List

Can you imagine the bookends of that o-line when they are seniors??? 6-6 and 6-8, whomever is the starting running back in 2017 or 18 if they redshirt should feel blessed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      Here is Connor's senior year highlight film:

He might not be a burner, but I'd hesitate to say he isn't very fast. Tall kids who take long strides can be very deceiving in how fast they are moving, and Mr. Landberg seemed to get behind the defense an awful lot.
      Been very impressed with the signings the past week. The Huge Olinemen are nice, but I really like the looks of this Landberg. 6'4" is really nice size in a wideout. (Just think about how big Dale looked out on the field compared to the db's covering him)

I also agree that he's faster than he looks. And... at that size, he doesn't need to be a burner. If he can run good routes and get separation, at the FCS level, that's a tough matchup.

Comment

I am going to guess the Laguna receiver has had benchmark testing done and tested at at least an FCS level. I highly doubt we went out and signed a slow div. II receiver just because he was tall. Plus when you are that tall and know how to use your body and hands, speed is not always that big of an issue (even though I know we all hate fades) haha..

Comment

You guys are having a great recruiting class. Actually SDSU, NDSU, and UNI are kicking butt this year. I know Birkachek is a big time recruit we wanted up north.

The SIZE the Bison and Jacks are getting is crazy.

Pierce - 6-6 DE
          Plankers 6-7 OT
          Johnson 6-5 310 OG

I think we're going to get this guy too....
          Lechler 6-8 OT

And like the Bison and Jacks do, they always bulk up those olineman to 300.

Both teams have 6' 4'' receivers

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
            Holy Crap! We are bringing in some more Brian Witzmanns. If these kids pan out, can you imagine the O-Line in 3 years?!?!
            If I remember correctly, Witzmann came in to SDSU at about 250 lbs. That's what is different about some of these recruits, as they are pushing 300 lbs before they even get on campus, and with as tall as they are, much like Witzmann, they have plenty room to add bulk.

If these kids are mean and agile on top of all that size, watch out!
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

If I remember correctly, Witzmann came in to SDSU at about 250 lbs. That's what is different about some of these recruits, as they are pushing 300 lbs before they even get on campus, and with as tall as they are, much like Witzmann, they have plenty room to add bulk.

Schoff as a wrestler should be agile enough to be effective IMO. I was wondering that too. 6-8 doesnt mean much if they get burnt by quicker D lineman. Good thing we are recruiting tall QBs to go along with Sumner, other wise a side arm or short QB wouldnt be able to see over the line.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Schoff as a wrestler should be agile enough to be effective IMO. I was wondering that too. 6-8 doesnt mean much if they get burnt by quicker D lineman. Good thing we are recruiting tall QBs to go along with Sumner, other wise a side arm or short QB wouldnt be able to see over the line.
                Being a good wrestler, I have little doubt Shoff has the agility and balance to be great. The only knock on him I've heard was on Gopherhole's radio links that said he might be too "nice" when he is on the football field. I not sure how is on the football field (couldn't find any videos), but I watch a few of his wrestling videos and he a bad, bad man.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Although, if they are playing one of the tackle positions, that 6-8 reach/wingspan can disrupt a number of speed rushers that are trying get around the outside of them.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Looks like DT - Brett Pierce**, 6'5" 260, Richfield, MN (Holy Angels) http://es.pn/uOMHyq
                    Offers From: Wyoming, NDSU, UND, USD

Committed to NDSU.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                      Looks like DT - Brett Pierce**, 6'5" 260, Richfield, MN (Holy Angels) http://es.pn/uOMHyq

Committed to NDSU.

I got all excited thinking it would say commited to SDSU but saw he commited to that other school so then i was disapointed. Oh well good get for them.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

here in Northern Virginia now it is common to have HS offensive tackles in the 275=300 pound range, or even higher.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post

Committed to NDSU.

dammit ndsu.. we need a few more studs in this class

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            here in Northern Virginia now it is common to have HS offensive tackles in the 275=300 pound range, or even higher.
                            I felt in high school in SF in the late 90s, a lot of linemen were always over 240. My buddy played D end was 602 200 but really fast so could get around the edge really well. tried him at tight end but couldnt catch a pass to save a life. He was good and chasing QBs those. Anyway after that I went to some games during college when I was in SF and a lot of line many were like 200 pounds. and I thought it was odd that after a few years how their measurements were so much different.

Comment

My view on lineman is the bigger the better, but bigger as in taller, wider, and longer then fatter. You can put 3-325 on a 6'6"/6'8" guy and he can pull and have the stamina to play the amount of plays to go. I'm sure there are many solid 6'0" 325 lineman out there but if you look at the recent drafts, look at big college tackles and even interior linemen that they are going after the taller quicker lineman these days.

Comment

TV just tweeted.
                                RB Kyle Paris from Aliso Niguel (Calif.) said that he has given a verbal to SDSU. Named conference offensive co-MVP. Said Army offered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnmQYQCqygc

Comment

Working...
                                X