Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Recruiting List

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
    Found this article about the Clay twins. Mentions they are visiting and have been told they an offer would be coming on their visit. Also mentions they are a package deal.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1316741

We can use both of them,quick ,explosive runners(when there's a hole to run through,of course) who can get deep into the secondary fast.Love the speed they bring.

Comment

According to the Maryland Junior Combine last April Garrett Clay officially measured 70 inches (5’10) and Dylan Clay officially measured 69.5 inches (5’9 ½).

Who is the better of the two? IMHO Dylan is a better CB. Garrett is better with the ball in his hands. But you can see from their highlights they are identical.

What are they being recruited for? They get the typical ATH label. They both played safety and corner on defense and both saw time at receiver/running back on offense. Dylan moved to QB permanently after the 4th game because Fort Hill had to make sure they had the ball on every snap. They get recruited for all these positions other than QB. As an example, the Villanova coach first requested that Dylan come on an official visit. One month later he changed his mind and said they wanted Garrett on an official visit.

Every FBS, FCS, D2 and D3 coach I talk with say they are without a doubt high level FCS players. Then why not offer? The usually say they can offer one, not sure if we have the money for both. Now they have FBS schools begging them to walk-on after financial aid forms come back. But yes, their height always comes into question with the FBS schools. They have 6% body fat and squat 400. They aren’t the ones that go backwards on the hits. I hope they get a chance to prove me right, but they would wind up All-Conference players. And I say that with all due respect for the Missouri Valley.

Not sure if SDSU has many open spots left based on your number of offers with this forum list. The only text I received was that they loved the school and would commit on the spot. Their mom could not afford to make the trip with them. But she wants what they want.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

The player who rescinded his commitment to play basketball instead was

DE - Brian Bayer 6'5" 230, Howells, NE http://bit.ly/fD12he
        Offers From: South Dakota

Terry V sent out a tweet tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
          The player who rescinded his commitment to play basketball instead was

DE - Brian Bayer 6'5" 230, Howells, NE http://bit.ly/fD12he
          Offers From: South Dakota

Terry V sent out a tweet tonight.
          He must really love basketball..... NAIA basketball recruit maybe D-II

Comment

Originally posted by MDTerp View Post
            According to the Maryland Junior Combine last April Garrett Clay officially measured 70 inches (5’10) and Dylan Clay officially measured 69.5 inches (5’9 ½).

Who is the better of the two? IMHO Dylan is a better CB. Garrett is better with the ball in his hands. But you can see from their highlights they are identical.

What are they being recruited for? They get the typical ATH label. They both played safety and corner on defense and both saw time at receiver/running back on offense. Dylan moved to QB permanently after the 4th game because Fort Hill had to make sure they had the ball on every snap. They get recruited for all these positions other than QB. As an example, the Villanova coach first requested that Dylan come on an official visit. One month later he changed his mind and said they wanted Garrett on an official visit.

Every FBS, FCS, D2 and D3 coach I talk with say they are without a doubt high level FCS players. Then why not offer? The usually say they can offer one, not sure if we have the money for both. Now they have FBS schools begging them to walk-on after financial aid forms come back. But yes, their height always comes into question with the FBS schools. They have 6% body fat and squat 400. They aren’t the ones that go backwards on the hits. I hope they get a chance to prove me right, but they would wind up All-Conference players. And I say that with all due respect for the Missouri Valley.

Not sure if SDSU has many open spots left based on your number of offers with this forum list. The only text I received was that they loved the school and would commit on the spot. Their mom could not afford to make the trip with them. But she wants what they want.

Thanks for the feedback.
            Great info. I hope they both commit.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by MDTerp View Post

Thanks for the feedback.

Been to this area of Maryland/West Virginia/Pennsylvania a lot ... Mountainous, but culturally a lot like Brookings. Moderately sized towns, nice people....

Comment

Sounds like Elkhorn, NE running back Graham Nabity has narrowed his list to SDSU or a walkon offer from the Huskers. Sean Callahan from HuskerIllustrated reported that on 1110 AM KFAB this afternoon. Sean had good things to say about SDSU, but that Bo Pelini is making a strong effort to rebuild the walkon program. Nabity is considered one of the elite running backs in Nebraska this year.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                  Sounds like Elkhorn, NE running back Graham Nabity has narrowed his list to SDSU or a walkon offer from the Huskers. Sean Callahan from HuskerIllustrated reported that on 1110 AM KFAB this afternoon. Sean had good things to say about SDSU, but that Bo Pelini is making a strong effort to rebuild the walkon program. Nabity is considered one of the elite running backs in Nebraska this year.
                  I know its like beating a dead horse but if the NCAA wants to fix one part of recruiting it will be the "grey-shirt" and walk on programs that these high major D-I FBS schools have. This is not directed at this specific situation or Nebraska. It just seems like every year these programs do it. USC to get around the scholarship reductions used it. Reports are that Alabama coach Saben told a recruit that had already been offered and committed that he wasn't going to have a scholarship for him, but that Alabama would help him get a job and help him apply for student aid.

Now I understand that a strong walk-on program helps a program, and that every year a hand full of walk-ons gain scholarships and that walk-ons become valued players. I don't want to get rid of it. And if this recruit truely wants to walk on and Nebraska and they are telling them the facts of what walking on means I don't have a problem with it. But I've read enough stuff about how these walk-ons and "grey-shirts" are treated at major schools to make me have a huge problem with this. Many of them are part of the team without being part of the team, they never earn a scholarship, and many are off the team within a year.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                    I know its like beating a dead horse but if the NCAA wants to fix one part of recruiting it will be the "grey-shirt" and walk on programs that these high major D-I FBS schools have. This is not directed at this specific situation or Nebraska. It just seems like every year these programs do it. USC to get around the scholarship reductions used it. Reports are that Alabama coach Saben told a recruit that had already been offered and committed that he wasn't going to have a scholarship for him, but that Alabama would help him get a job and help him apply for student aid.

Now I understand that a strong walk-on program helps a program, and that every year a hand full of walk-ons gain scholarships and that walk-ons become valued players. I don't want to get rid of it. And if this recruit truely wants to walk on and Nebraska and they are telling them the facts of what walking on means I don't have a problem with it. But I've read enough stuff about how these walk-ons and "grey-shirts" are treated at major schools to make me have a huge problem with this. Many of them are part of the team without being part of the team, they never earn a scholarship, and many are off the team within a year.
                    So many schools to do and over recruit and I don't think it is right most of the time. I know of player last year that was recruited by a major BCS school and committed in the spring of his junior season. Told other schools not to bother and then after signing day they told him they had ran out of scholarships and the only thing they could do for him was a grey shirt. All other schools that were interested in him at one point were all full on scholarships too.

Comment

How many walk-on running backs can they have? King Frazier had an offer from SDSU and he walked on at Nebraska too.

Comment

Just watched Graham Nabity's highlight film and he looks like a load to bring down. Big kid who really positions himself well to drive through tackles and has the balance to stay his feet as well. Hope we end up with him.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Seen this before.... at the very last minute...

Comment

Nabity playing for the 'Rabbits? There has to be a limerick in there somewhere. Get him signed!

Comment

I've never figured out why someone would turn down a paid education,to work your butt off for a "maybe" scholarship later.I guess i'd take the money now instead of "promises".I guess i'd think i was worth something,instead of maybe,if i like what i see uncertainty.That's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                                I've never figured out why someone would turn down a paid education,to work your butt off for a "maybe" scholarship later.I guess i'd take the money now instead of "promises".I guess i'd think i was worth something,instead of maybe,if i like what i see uncertainty.That's just me.
                                Unless money was not an issue I see considering it. But for your family and not having to pay your own way unless you get academic schollies it is a smart choice to take the money. The key thing is neb does a great job selling kids to walk on. It's a culture where kids grow up wanting to play neb football more then anything. The big SD does a great job of selling kids that no matter if you want to go around here your better off taking your talents some where else.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X