Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Recruiting List

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    He's got quite the comments on his Twitter account. Not sure if it's for football as he doesn't even look like a football player and I can't find a thing mentioned about him anywhere.
    Yeah my bad he is a shortstop at University High School in Ft. Lauderdale Florida. I saw it was tweeted by a football player and figured it was a teammate.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      Yeah I think it might be for baseball, but I'm not sure.

I think so too. Here's something that was written by him: http://laleysports.com/portal/index....review/id:270/
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I looked too and didn't find anything besides that he's from Miami.

Comment

Welcome Charlie,football or baseball,for committing to a great university.Will be looking forward to watching you compete wearing the blue and yellow of SDSU.

Comment

Is SDSU looking at Alex Shultz for baseball? I know he wants to play either sport and would love to play both in college or play one at the highest level possible, he probably would favor baseball over football but keeping his options open, I think he is interested in engineering which would be good for him at SDSU.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Is SDSU looking at Alex Shultz for baseball? I know he wants to play either sport and would love to play both in college or play one at the highest level possible, he probably would favor baseball over football but keeping his options open, I think he is interested in engineering which would be good for him at SDSU.
              He hasn't been offerred by SDSU for football. USD offerred, but then Glenn pulled the offer when he took the job. NDSU has already signed a couple players for this class which really pisses me off, but that's a different matter.

I don't have a clue if Alex is a decent baseball player, but good luck to him.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                He hasn't been offerred by SDSU for football. USD offerred, but then Glenn pulled the offer when he took the job. NDSU has already signed a couple players for this class which really pisses me off, but that's a different matter.

I don't have a clue if Alex is a decent baseball player, but good luck to him.
                AFAIK, he is pretty decent. I knew he wasnt really interested in USD, and didnt know if SDSU would be a good fit with Sumner and other good QBs on the roster and he wants to keep his options open for which ever sport is a better fit. Sounds like academically would be a great student to have, if he is good enough, hopefully the baseball team has their eye on him.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

So we still don't know who the 10th verbal is that Terry referenced in tweets and the SDSU recruiting article?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    So we still don't know who the 10th verbal is that Terry referenced in tweets and the SDSU recruiting article?
                    He mentioned in his live chat last night that he had a name,but had not been able to confirm it.

Comment

he should just throw it out, its better to ask for forgiveness later.

plus , am i missing something. D 2 recruit? or is sdsu using him at a different position (not smack, just asking- ive heard about this board)

NATE MEYER

Quarterback, Rocori
                      Senior, 6-foot-3, 190 pounds ... Leader of Prep Bowl finalists ... Has passed for 1,994 yards and 19 touchdowns, completing 160 of 269 passes, good for a 59.5 completion percentage, with eight interceptions ... Has rushed for 707 yards and 12 touchdowns on 172 carries, a 4.1 yards-per-carry average ... At defensive back, he has six interceptions and more than 80 tackles with one fumble recovery ... Also a fine basketball player ... Division II recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by nflbison View Post
                        he should just throw it out, its better to ask for forgiveness later.

plus , am i missing something. D 2 recruit? or is sdsu using him at a different position (not smack, just asking- ive heard about this board)

NATE MEYER

Quarterback, Rocori

Senior, 6-foot-3, 190 pounds ... Leader of Prep Bowl finalists ... Has passed for 1,994 yards and 19 touchdowns, completing 160 of 269 passes, good for a 59.5 completion percentage, with eight interceptions ... Has rushed for 707 yards and 12 touchdowns on 172 carries, a 4.1 yards-per-carry average ... At defensive back, he has six interceptions and more than 80 tackles with one fumble recovery ... Also a fine basketball player ... Division II recruit.
                        I remember reading the DII recruit thing in one of the MN papers, but that probably stems from local DII schools recruiting him.

Sounds like Nate Meyer is coming in as a QB, but he is versatile enough that he could be moved to safety later on if that doesn't pan out. It's never a bad thing to recruit kids who have the ability to play multiple positions.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Minnesota has 1 D-I school. To many in the Media its Bigger then Minnesota, Minnesota and D-II.

Comment

I really don't think it matters whether high school players are labeled D-II or FCS anymore (I used to think it mattered more).

It's always nice to land a player who other FCS rivals are after, but if you look at some of the best D1 SDSU football players, most of them probably only had 1 offer and it was from SDSU.

It's more about finding players that fit your system and the rest is coaching, hard work and luck.

Look at NDSU's Brock Jenson, he didn't have any other D1 offers and was set on going to UMD until NDSU missed on other QB recruits and settled on DII recruit Jenson.

Comment

High school players are to some extent whatever they make of themselves when they come out of college. Kids who aren't "D-I material" talk their way into walking onto D-I programs and wind up starting. Other "can't-miss D-I prospects" wind up playing out their college careers at NAIA schools or even out of college athletics entirely.

There's really no such thing as a "D-I high school player" or anything else like that.

There is only the level of expectations that get attached to a particular high school athlete's name. And all that really is, is somebody else's judgment of the kid's potential, and that judgment is only as good as the person doing the judging. And even coaches, who have the biggest possible motivation to get it right, get potentials wrong--they do it all the time, both on the upside and on the downside.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

sounds like the case, and yes rocori looked great in the playoffs

Comment

Working...
                                X