Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missouri State

Student attendance was horrible. They need to take away the grand stand seats from the students and make them watch from behind the old visitor seats. Just kidding but the student attendance was really really really really bad.

Didn't like the decision at the end of the third quarter. Let the clock run out and switch to going into the wind in case we had to punt. We had the wind going with us and we didn't take a shot down the field. The QB for Missouri State was taking some huge hits in the second half.

Nice win for the Jacks.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
      Student attendance was horrible. They need to take away the grand stand seats from the students and make them watch from behind the old visitor seats. Just kidding but the student attendance was really really really really bad.

Didn't like the decision at the end of the third quarter. Let the clock run out and switch to going into the wind in case we had to punt. We had the wind going with us and we didn't take a shot down the field. The QB for Missouri State was taking some huge hits in the second half.

Nice win for the Jacks.
      Student attendance was horrible. They had those stupid foam fingers for students and their was 10x as many of those as students.

Comment

Great game, Jacks... you have one heck of a TEAM.

MSU has the talent, but Terry Allen has lost his magic from his UNI days.

Comment

Will agree that MSU has talent. They look like they can do some damage. I would expect MSU could take a few from SDSU if the game was repeated. But I don't think the SDSU win had anything to do with coaching magic or lack thereof.

SDSU came out and executed their game. The Jacks hit hard and just plain out played MSU. Nuff said.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Seriously, the student section SHOULD me moved across the field. You get a the louder/more obnoxious part of the fan base right behind the opposing team.

Move the band down to the end, and you open up a bunch of seating for paying customers.

I like this idea. I'm da_coach and I approve this message.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
              Seriously, the student section SHOULD me moved across the field. You get a the louder/more obnoxious part of the fan base right behind the opposing team.

Move the band down to the end, and you open up a bunch of seating for paying customers.

I like this idea. I'm da_coach and I approve this message.
              I recall former AD Fred Oien tell me when they drew up those plans about 1993 which included adding new permanent seating on the east side was that the home fans would be moved to the east side of the field. Yesteday, I was reminded of that when the sun came out about 3:00pm. And this is typical late fall in SD. You get a toasty effect that you loose on the west side of the field.

Where the students sit in the new staduim remains to be seen, but putting them on the east side means the visiting fans would take their seats on the west side. That may not work either, but it did work up in Grand Forks in the old Memorial Staduim. It might work here too. Luke warm to this message but not approving.

Comment

Originally posted by MSUBear42 View Post
                Great game, Jacks... you have one heck of a TEAM.

MSU has the talent, but Terry Allen has lost his magic from his UNI days.
                MSU can really move the ball when they want. Your coach took the attempts at the deep ball when you had the wind I wished SDSU would have taken. Very good game yesterday (too bad more students didn't get to watch it).
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

First Jacks football game for my three year old. Kyle Minett is now her favorite player (along with her dad's). She made the whole game and had a good time. Priceless. I'm sure Section E was wondering where the loud moron was. Don't worry, I was there, but decided to do some east side seating with some additional people in the party yesterday.

Methodical game for the Jacks. Didn't seem like a 21 point difference, but holding them on 4th down so many times on the Jacks side of midfield was critical. MSU could get the ball out of their territory, but not much further. Plays of the game, IMO, was 3rd & 1 Lein blowing through a hole in the line and blasting their running back 3 yards back and then on the next play Wise knocking away the 4th down pass.

Would have liked to have seen the dagger stuck in them earlier than the pick 6. There were chances, but just couldn't do the job. I would probably attribute this to the youth at QB and WR. I also think a play action would have caught them with their pants down. They never ran one all day. And I think TOB does a nice job of selling it. It's just a matter of making the right throw.

Another very good game by the o-line. TOB had lots of time and the RB's were at least getting positive yards with the stacked box. I see that as the o-line getting a good push on their guys. I would still like to see a potential RB for next year run behind these guys rather than Minett Lite.

The Bison D looks really stout. The offense is going to have one of its biggest tests of the year. No more Udot talk. This is Bison week.

Comment

My thoughts on random topics, including the game:

1. I think workmanlike would be a good way to describe yesterday's performance.

2. The offensive line played well, especially in passing situations.

3. I didn't think the defensive line played very well in the first half. Not much pressure at all...and some nice MSU runs. Better showing in the second half and really good in the fourth quarter.

3B. In the first half, MSU just dropped some easy balls...and the QB missed on one or two. They were just unforced mistakes. In the second half, though, we forced some of those things to happen.

4. The difference in the game was our ability to pick up first downs when it was third down while MSU could not convert on third and fourth downs.

5. I love The Pride, but this year the band plays a lot (horns included) when we're in the offensive huddle. That's got to end. They're maybe trying to play a bit too much between plays this year. It's important for the drum major to have a feel for the game.

6. Good, solid showing for the Jacks. Another good day for TOB. Nothing flashy, but I think the offense is going to salty in the years to come.

7. Mike Lien has had himself some good games lately. Me likes!

8. Should have been more fans. SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE FANS!

9. Hope the band gets moved, probably to the end of the field, next year...though it didn't make any difference yesterday.

9B. Yesterday's attendance...all the more reason to get an early September game instead of mid-November one. I know this is being addressed.

10. Home fans on the east might mean more time in the sun, but it will also mean squinting to see the field. I'd rather stay where we are.
                    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                      First Jacks football game for my three year old. Kyle Minett is now her favorite player (along with her dad's). She made the whole game and had a good time. Priceless. I'm sure Section E was wondering where the loud moron was. Don't worry, I was there, but decided to do some east side seating with some additional people in the party yesterday.

Methodical game for the Jacks. Didn't seem like a 21 point difference, but holding them on 4th down so many times on the Jacks side of midfield was critical. MSU could get the ball out of their territory, but not much further. Plays of the game, IMO, was 3rd & 1 Lein blowing through a hole in the line and blasting their running back 3 yards back and then on the next play Wise knocking away the 4th down pass.

Would have liked to have seen the dagger stuck in them earlier than the pick 6. There were chances, but just couldn't do the job. I would probably attribute this to the youth at QB and WR. I also think a play action would have caught them with their pants down. They never ran one all day. And I think TOB does a nice job of selling it. It's just a matter of making the right throw.

Another very good game by the o-line. TOB had lots of time and the RB's were at least getting positive yards with the stacked box. I see that as the o-line getting a good push on their guys. I would still like to see a potential RB for next year run behind these guys rather than Minett Lite.

The Bison D looks really stout. The offense is going to have one of its biggest tests of the year. No more Udot talk. This is Bison week.
                      The opposing DB's sit on every route that we run as we rarely open it up on deep posts or fades. Makes it tough for our Wr's and for our QB. Play Action passes would be great as well as throwing the deep ball once in a while. Missouri St.'s WR's had us burned deep a few different times but the ball was just over thrown. Why we don't do this more often is beyond me!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post

7. Mike Lien has had himself some good games lately. Me likes!
                        Agreed. First it was what will we do when Jimmy Rogers graduates, then it's where will we be when Derek graduates. Now, Mike Lien is doing one heck of a job as well. That linebacking corps always has one guy that is just a straight up stud willing to take the torch.
                        I also am starting to like Bo Helm on the defensive sides of things.
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I guess my comment regarding student attendance being horrible wasn't very nice to someone. I'll retract that comment and say instead the student attendance was GREAT!!! We couldn't fit anymore students in the first 5 rows of the student section and the students should be commended for showing up to support their fellow students. When you look across the field and see only about 1/4 of the student section full, would you say that is a good turnout?

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                            I guess my comment regarding student attendance being horrible wasn't very nice to someone. I'll retract that comment and say instead the student attendance was GREAT!!! We couldn't fit anymore students in the first 5 rows of the student section and the students should be commended for showing up to support their fellow students. When you look across the field and see only about 1/4 of the student section full, would you say that is a good turnout?
                            It was a great day and about the attendance I expected with the exception that student attendance was weak. The students that were there did a great job. SDSU needs to figure out a way to get more students to the last season games.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                              5. I love The Pride, but this year the band plays a lot (horns included) when we're in the offensive huddle. That's got to end. They're maybe trying to play a bit too much between plays this year. It's important for the drum major to have a feel for the game.
                              Glad I'm not the only one that has noticed this all year, not just this week. Making noise is the intent to make the offense have a hard time hearing the play call. And it's probably worse when the drums are beating as hard as they can right behind the offensive bench.

Thus the reason defensive players throwing their hands in the air on a big down for people to make noise. You don't see the offense doing this to get the home crowd making noise when they're on the field.

Football 101 for the Pride spring semester.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                It was a great day and about the attendance I expected with the exception that student attendance was weak. The students that were there did a great job. SDSU needs to figure out a way to get more students to the last season games.
                                Free bloody mary bar at Skinners Saturday morning for students and then buses bringing them to the game straight from the bar. Heck I might find my old student ID if they started this.

Comment

Working...
                                X