Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Missouri State

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
    Agreed. These guys are good. They are impressed with everything SDSU excpet CAS. lol

Not surprised. I wouldn't be either.

Comment

TOB outplayed their senior QB.. TOB 20-30, 204 yds, 1 TD, no Int.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        TOB outplayed their senior QB.. TOB 20-30, 204 yds, 1 TD, no Int.
        They both played pretty well. Their WRs dropped at least 6 balls that would have gone for big games, continued drives, ect.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Trevor Tiefenthaler looks pretty good, too.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Attended. Small crowd for such a nice day. I've the Jacks had won last week I think there would've been 10,000+.

By and large Jacks played well. TOB had a good game and made a few nice passes, Cochart made some good catches to keep drives going. Minnett played his game, fun to watch him move the pile. The defense did a good job with the exception of one drive. And, Brodie ended the game with a sweet INT for a TD.

A few mistakes were made that we will not be able to afford next week. But, it was a good day at Coughlin. And yes, the facility is nothing to brag about.
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
              Attended. Small crowd for such a nice day. I've the Jacks had won last week I think there would've been 10,000+.

By and large Jacks played well. TOB had a good game and made a few nice passes, Cochart made some good catches to keep drives going. Minnett played his game, fun to watch him move the pile. The defense did a good job with the exception of one drive. And, Brodie ended the game with a sweet INT for a TD.

A few mistakes were made that we will not be able to afford next week. But, it was a good day at Coughlin. And yes, the facility is nothing to brag about.
              I'd pretty much ditto this.

Also like to add, that Mo State was averaging 38 ppg coming in, and we held them to 10.

Yes, they did drop some balls, but our defense did as well. Very nice job defensively.
              It was a team win out there.

Fun day at CAS.

Comment

One of the nicest November games I can remember in awhile. Crowd was smaller than I had hoped, but for those of us that were there it was fun. Team played well and were helped my some opponent errors.

My only question is why the offense doesn't use the playaction pass more. Perhaps TOB just isnt as comfortable with it.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I don't get that either. And, when they do run PA it appears half hearted.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I see attendance was 7,724, which by prior year standards is not a bad showing. I been to November games where there was less than 1500 present. So we are doing something right. The Pride did their usual good performance and it was a beautiful day to watch a game.

Comment

A few dropped balls by both sides. Does not necessarily mean they would(or us) would have still sustained the drives and scored. Part of the missed balls were a result of continued pressure by a our defense. It was a fun game and I thought the Run and the Pass were very balanced. Pass game was effective. Tiefenthaler catching his first touchdown, brought back memories of hunting with my dad listening to the Jacks game.
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Well, it was the highest attendance at a college FB game in SD this week so yes I think they are doing something right.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
                          Brandon Hubert is going to be a heck of a receiver for us. Reminds me of Josh Davis.
                          I agree, he will be an all time fan favorite by the time his career is done.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                            I don't get that either. And, when they do run PA it appears half hearted.
                            IMO, its because we are obvious when we are going to run, or pass. Its not a surprise, If we ran out of passing formations differently then TOB in shotgun with a delay hand off to KM, its not hard to sniff that out. It has not fooled the safties in other games because its a passing set so they know to stay in position and not bite. When its a run set. They stack the box with 9 guys. A little more variety I think is what they need. If anything, a little bootleg run out seems to be effective when done. I just don't see our 5 yard out passes being very effective. Down the middle and swing passes to KM seem like all TOB is able to throw with a high percent.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Good game.

Good opponent.

Nice weather.

Cubbys post-game good, too.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                I agree, he will be an all time fan favorite by the time his career is done.
                                Davis is/was much much more elusive than Hubert. Our young Wr's should be fun to watch for the next 3 yrs.

Comment

Working...
                                X