Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Siu gdt

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    .. I heard Bison Rewind, a call in show on KFGO, the flag for NDSU sports. There are some very unhappy campers up North. There were a couple of older fans who were asking why it was that the NDSU community expected to win every game and a national championship every year? One of them suggested that a 500 percent win season was a reasonable expectation

Only Bison fans would expect five wins for every game played, but I digress...

You made an interesting point, Nidaros, about expecting the team to gel mid-season. Am I having selective memory or is it an MO of Jacks teams under Stig that they take time to rev up (one more reason to have played a patsy before Delaware).... Is there something about his coaching style that creates it? Let's face it, almost every coach has to deal with new faces every year and this team was not in THAT much of a rebuilding situation

This sounded like a kerblastification. Was mildly surprised when I saw final score. Run the table, Jacks and get the Delaware rematch

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      Only Bison fans would expect five wins for every game played, but I digress...

You made an interesting point, Nidaros, about expecting the team to gel mid-season. Am I having selective memory or is it an MO of Jacks teams under Stig that they take time to rev up (one more reason to have played a patsy before Delaware).... Is there something about his coaching style that creates it? Let's face it, almost every coach has to deal with new faces every year and this team was not in THAT much of a rebuilding situation

This sounded like a kerblastification. Was mildly surprised when I saw final score. Run the table, Jacks and get the Delaware rematch
      My reference to a five game mark was based on a comment from one of current players who happen to received the scholarship stipend in my name. I asked at the endowment banquet how long it takes for a red shirt player to figure how what is going on. Game five was the reply, and I think most of us when performing something new, we are often unsure of what we are doing until we have done it a few times. So it goes with playing football.

As far as coaching style of Stigs, I think he has a "no give up" policy and that is why bad starts sometimes end on high notes.

Comment

My reference to a five game mark was based on a comment from one of current players who happen to received the scholarship stipend in my name. I asked at the endowment banquet how long it takes for a red shirt player to figure how what is going on. Game five was the reply, and I think most of us when performing something new, we are often unsure of what we are doing until we have done it a few times. So it goes with playing football.

As far as coaching style of Stigs, I think he has a "no give up" policy and that is why bad starts sometimes end on high notes.

five games makes sense. But every team deals with bringing in new players. Maybe you're right, the flip side is that not every coach could keep a four-loss team focused on a still attainable goal, hence the strong finishes

Comment

What a game. Fun to listen to while hunting pheasants (and a few of my fellow hunters may have gotten a little tired getting the constant game updates but they got them anyway).

Comment

Congrats on a very big and significant win. Very impressive.

Comment

I don't know if these have been shared. Good highlights of the game.

http://www.wsiltv.com/p/videos.php?v...&vidType=smMov

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                Congrats on a very big and significant win. Very impressive.
                Thanks YFE...appreciate your thoughtfulness (sincerely)!

Comment

Hey Jacks; I knew you guys were made of some tough stuff and would never give up. You had a great game plan against a good SIU team and executed it to near perfection. Congrats on a great win now go ice the Penguins.

Comment

Originally posted by henduster View Post
                    Hey Jacks; I knew you guys were made of some tough stuff and would never give up. You had a great game plan against a good SIU team and executed it to near perfection. Congrats on a great win now go ice the Penguins.
                    Nice thought, but it's not entirely selfless, is it????

The better the Jacks look, the better that win over them looks..............

Comment

Looking at the standings in the MVFC after Saturday's games, there are three teams that are 2-1 and in first place. Two of them are UNI and WIU. Both whom we have played this season. The other is ISU-BLUE who we have not played yet. My thoughts were if UNI, WIU and SDSU all run the tables, then we would finish 6-2 and one game behind either UNI or WIU who would be 7-1. One good thing is that UNI and WIU have not played each other yet. I think we will need some help from others in order to get a share of the conference title. One slip up and its over.

Comment

Looking at the standings in the MVFC after Saturday's games, there are three teams that are 2-1 and in first place. Two of them are UNI and WIU. Both whom we have played this season. The other is ISU-BLUE who we have not played yet. My thoughts were if UNI, WIU and SDSU all run the tables, then we would finish 6-2 and one game behind either UNI or WIU who would be 7-1. One good thing is that UNI and WIU have not played each other yet. I think we will need some help from others in order to get a share of the conference title. One slip up and its over.
                        The good news is if we win out and finish 7-4 we may be able to sneak into the playoffs without even winning the conference.

Comment

Gosh I wish we could have a mulligan for that Illinois St. game!

(doesn't everyone!)

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            Gosh I wish we could have a mulligan for that Illinois St. game!

(doesn't everyone!)
                            That's exactly the beauty of college football (and NFL to a degree) - there are no mulligans.

Any given Saturday, you gotta bring it or someone is hunting for your head. (Nebraska can tell you - you can't drop 9 passes against an average TExas team, or you will lose. You can't lose 23 fumbles against a poor Iowa State team, or you will lose.)

Comment

Hey Zooropa; Seriously no ulterior motive intended. Just wanted to congratulate a class team and group of fans. That combination is rare in college football today, everyone wants to relay smack instead of appreciating the opposition for trying to accomplish the ultimate goal of a National Championship. We have a history of shootouts with YSU back in the Division 2 days and they never stop coming after you so don't take them lightly. As I said before, Good Luck for the rest of the season

Comment

Originally posted by henduster View Post
                                Hey Zooropa; Seriously no ulterior motive intended.
                                I know. Thus the grin in my post.

I'd like to think SDSU gets in the playoffs with a 7-4 record and a 7 game winning streak, but I just don't know if that's a viable scenario.

Comment

Working...
                                X