Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU radio network

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    I enjoy listening to USD and appreciate that the online stream is free (just more convenient for me than pulling out a radio).
    I don't understand this statement. Breaking out holy water. The power of Christ compels you! The power of Christ compels you!!!
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Isn't this the first year SDSU charged for the radio stream? They must have had a lot of people getting on to listen last year and thought it could be a revenue source. I don't like it, as the people who listen to the internet version are most likely parents of players who live far away or fans/potential fans who have no other way to listen to a game.

I'm all for charging for the video stream (as long as it works).
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        Isn't this the first year SDSU charged for the radio stream? They must have had a lot of people getting on to listen last year and thought it could be a revenue source. I don't like it, as the people who listen to the internet version are most likely parents of players who live far away or fans/potential fans who have no other way to listen to a game.

I'm all for charging for the video stream (as long as it works).
        The Radio stream has been a pay service for a few years as well.
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

My sister in Rapid said that this week's game wasn't on the radio. She says they miss a lot of the games that are on the schedule to be broadcast.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

SDSU loses money on the internet streaming, FYI. I know last year's goal was to break even and they fell just short if memory serves me.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

if they're losing money on internet streaming why are they doing it at all?
              if the subscription is $5 a month for radio feed i can see the $5 being eaten up by the cost of administration of those fees.
              it's the government, they don't have to make money.

Comment

Originally posted by KI DRIVER View Post
                if they're losing money on internet streaming why are they doing it at all?
                if the subscription is $5 a month for radio feed i can see the $5 being eaten up by the cost of administration of those fees.
                it's the government, they don't have to make money.
                Because boosters and alumni from out of state have very few options for viewing the games. SDSU likes to make the games available for those outside of the SD viewing area. I'm just guessing here, but I believe the thought process is they'll take the hit on whatever they lose on the internet stream and hope that they make it up by enticing some of those out-of-staters to perhaps set up an endowment in their name and/or purchase football season tickets for 3 years without actually making it back for a game. If that's the case, they're probably coming out ahead in terms of finances for the school. Big picture, not little picture.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

As a member that participates from all over the deep South, internet feeds are critical to my ability to follow the Jacks.

As MJA states, I have been enticed into several donations to the athletic programs that I wouldn't have made if not for the internet ability to follow the Jacks in mulitiple sports.

Comment

Working...
                  X