Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 Schedule

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    So what you are saying is my sources don't know what they are talking about or were misinformed?
    Misinformed.

I have a friend who works in Student Loans over at Citibank. In the past Citi has moved work into Sioux Falls whenever they've taken work out. I asked her if she'd heard any rumors of new work. Her words:

"Only from people who don't know what's going on."

I would apply that to this discussion. The Air Force game would net the department considerably more revenue than the SDSU game, an amount that would factor into budget discussions as USD might net enough revenue from that game to pay for most of another sport (e.g. softball).

So, no, I don't think they just threw the Air Force game onto their schedule because they couldn't work something out with SDSU.

But that's speculation on my part, not a rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
      Misinformed.

I have a friend who works in Student Loans over at Citibank. In the past Citi has moved work into Sioux Falls whenever they've taken work out. I asked her if she'd heard any rumors of new work. Her words:

"Only from people who don't know what's going on."

I would apply that to this discussion. The Air Force game would net the department considerably more revenue than the SDSU game, an amount that would factor into budget discussions as USD might net enough revenue from that game to pay for most of another sport (e.g. softball).

So, no, I don't think they just threw the Air Force game onto their schedule because they couldn't work something out with SDSU.

But that's speculation on my part, not a rumor.

Well you have your sources and I have mine. We will leave at that.

Comment

Well you have your sources and I have mine. We will leave at that.
        I don't have 'sources', and I don't have a lot of trust for anyone else's.

Unless you heard it from Sell or Sayler.....

Comment

Originally posted by BigBob View Post
          or was this just a coyote fan spouting off?
          BINGO! You win the new toaster!
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            I don't have 'sources', and I don't have a lot of trust for anyone else's.

Unless you heard it from Sell or Sayler.....
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTDHp...ure=grec_index
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I had heard that USD wanted to play on Sept. 3rd, but SDSU wasn't in favor so USD signed to play Air Force. But I wasn't told anything about large SDSU donors pulling their funding.
              I just wanted to repost my original post after a few people are confused on what I stated.

Somebody (according to Zoopora that somebody is misinformed) told me that USD was wanting to sign a 1-year agreement to play SDSU in Brookings on Sept. 3rd, 2011. SDSU, for whatever reason, wasn't in agreement with it (I repeat, I was never told anything about SDSU donors being the ones that nixed the idea; In my opinion that statement that donors have control over the scheduling of games is utterly ridiculous). USD then signed an agreement with the Air Force Academy (I am not sure on the timing when all of this occurred).

My last reply on this topic!!
              Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 10-08-2010, 10:02 PM.

Comment

To paraphrase this whole USD/SDSU scheduling discussion: Two college football programs were discussing playing a game. It didn't work out for reasons not disclosed to the public.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Rhubarb custard.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Yeah you can always count on Slippery Pete.

Comment

I just wanted to repost my original post after a few people are confused on what I stated.

Somebody (according to Zoopora that somebody is misinformed) told me that USD was wanting to sign a 1-year agreement to play SDSU in Brookings on Sept. 3rd, 2011. SDSU, for whatever reason, wasn't in agreement with it (I repeat, I was never told anything about SDSU donors being the ones that nixed the idea; In my opinion that statement that donors have control over the scheduling of games is utterly false and ridiculous). USD then signed an agreement with the Air Force Academy (I am not sure on the timing when all of this occurred).

My last reply on this topic!!
                      According to my sources...........there have not been any discussions about a single game contract. There have been discussions about renewing "the rivalry" but no discussions about a single game. I'm not disputing that the Sept 3rd date next year in Brookings was discussed, I just don't believe it was discussed as a single game contract.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                        I hear that they are going to move the Med and Law schools to Sioux Falls, and turn the rest of the USD campus in to a prison. Yoteforever how would you feel about that. "All I am asking is IF it were true, as a fan and booster, would you be ok with that?"

Don’t you hate hypothetical questions? They are just a waste of time.
                        OMG! This might be true. The Med School is already in Sioux Falls. That's where the dean's office is, anyway. Can the Law School be far behind?
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Hey all - although it doesn't relate to 2011, when are your guys planning on making the return trip to UND? Was that in 2013?

Any chance we can move it up to 2011? If you've seen UND's schedule for this year, you know it's enough to make me want to throw up.

EDIT: So I found an article with the return trip for September 7, 2013. It's not on our official calendar however. Do you know if there's been talk of buying the game out?
                          Fighting Sioux

Comment

Originally posted by Hambone View Post
                            Hey all - although it doesn't relate to 2011, when are your guys planning on making the return trip to UND? Was that in 2013?

Any chance we can move it up to 2011? If you've seen UND's schedule for this year, you know it's enough to make me want to throw up.

EDIT: So I found an article with the return trip for September 7, 2013. It's not on our official calendar however. Do you know if there's been talk of buying the game out?
                            I remember hearing some speculation that the game might get bought out since UND is going to the Big Sky.

A full conference slate can make playing tough non-conference games a bit of a hassle.
                            http://www.twitter.com/minneapolisjack

Comment

Would love to see SDSU and Cal Poly sign a home and home again. Always a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by SloStang View Post
                                Would love to see SDSU and Cal Poly sign a home and home again. Always a good game.
                                I would too. But I think we're looking for one slightly less challenging out-of-conference game each year. I wish we could buy a Wagner or Austin Peay visit like NDSU always does.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X