2011 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Schedule

I think SUU is a good choice. The price was high because we had no choice. SUU won the Great West last year. I remember another school that won the Great West, and we didn't think it was a joke. I don't think SUU is a pushover though, which is kind of what we wanted. On the other hand we should have a really competitive game Sept. 3, which will get us ready for the rest of the schedule.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Not a smack thread.
      Its fact not smack
      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Not a smack thread.
        I don't sense any smack. Stating a fact that USD has an FBS win and we don't. It's okay to be confrontational in a non-smack thread and not to jump the gun so fast on deeming it smack.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
          I don't sense any smack. Stating a fact that USD has an FBS win and we don't. It's okay to be confrontational in a non-smack thread and not to jump the gun so fast on deeming it smack.
          Not a grumpy admin.

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
            Well to say USD is crap is a little over the top, they do have 1 more FBS win than SDSU.........
            Only a Bison fan would use FBS wins as a measure of success/comparison instead of overall records or head to head.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
              Only a Bison fan would use FBS wins as a measure of success/comparison instead of overall records or head to head.
              Well it isn't easy for a transitioning FCS team to beat ANY team from a BCS conference, seriously I'm not saying USD is a great team but they deserve more credit than Captain Morgan St or ANY NEC, Pionneer, Patriot, MEAC, SWAC school

BTW this quote is more smack than my original post
              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                Also

I would have been one of the first from Bison town here to congratulate you guys had you beat the gophers too BTW, I cheer for any FCS vs FBS except UND

and this is probably one of the most serious posts i've had on here
                BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                  Playing home games in Dec. has to be high in the AD's wish list, because NOBODY would want to be here in Brookings (besides possibly the Big Sky teams/ NDSU).

The schedule is what it is, and if Jacks run well thru the schedule, they will be selected.

NOT SMACK, FACT: Remember, NDSU plays in a dome. They might as well be an Arizona team in December games.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    NOT SMACK, FACT: Remember, NDSU plays in a dome. They might as well be an Arizona team in December games.
                    you obviously didn't see the MSU and EWU games
                    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      im also glad we didnt schedule a d2 team or some other cupcake. i want to go watch a competive game, not a 50-0 blowout. i would still get season tickets no matter who was scheduled but will enjoy an southern utah game more
                      I think a game with Sioux Falls college and/or the other DII schools in state would be a good thing on a rotating bases, differnet school every year.

There are bigger schools in other states that do it.
                      MISSOURI VALLEY NATION
                      http://missourivalleyfootball.com

South Dakota State University
                      http://gojacks.com

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaKid View Post
                        I think a game with Sioux Falls college and/or the other DII schools in state would be a good thing on a rotating bases, differnet school every year.

Basketball, yes. Football, no. IMHO.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                          Well to say USD is crap is a little over the top, they do have 1 more FBS win than SDSU.........
                          Wasn't talking about USD
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaKid View Post

What good could ever come of a game with a d2 school? At the FCS level, you have to play up to collect a large paycheck. Playing a d2 school hurts more than helps, doesn't help the wins to get into playoffs. Won't happen, not even in the vocabulary in the athletic department.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                              What good could ever come of a game with a d2 school? At the FCS level, you have to play up to collect a large paycheck. Playing a d2 school hurts more than helps, doesn't help the wins to get into playoffs. Won't happen, not even in the vocabulary in the athletic department.
                              How about getting your team ready to play a very tough non-conference schedule/FBS opponent and MVC schedule. How about reducing some costs and netting some more money. Many of the elite FCS schools do it for the same reason FBS schools play SDSU. It's warm up game. A DII game may not help our playoffs chances, but it doesn't hurt them either. What effect does having so many losses early in the season by playing such a tough schedule have on morale on the team, fan attendence? Taking yourself out of the playoffs by scheduling bravado is not smart either. A more balanced approach should be considered as reflected by Stig in Terry's blog. One "sacrificial lamb" early in the year should be sought. I doubt it will effect attendence much as people want more home games and show up for more reasons than who the opponent is as certainly a home game against the "marquis" opponent has not always put more butts in seats. http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...ItemsPerPage=5

USF is playing at McNeese State and UND this year and has an opening next year. I would rather play them and spread some money to a local product. I think people might be more curious about that game than play a non-scholarship program or other FCS team that is demanding too much money! There are some very good DII programs in the area that can play some good football. We should know that as well as anyone.
                              Last edited by JACKGUYII; 02-19-2011, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                How about getting your team ready to play a very tough non-conference schedule/FBS opponent and MVC schedule. How about reducing some costs and netting some more money. Many of the elite FCS schools do it for the same reason FBS schools play SDSU. It's warm up game. A DII game may not help our playoffs chances, but it doesn't hurt them either. What effect does having so many losses early in the season by playing such a tough schedule have on morale on the team, fan attendence? Taking yourself out of the playoffs by scheduling bravado is not smart either. A more balanced approach should be considered as reflected by Stig in Terry's blog. One "sacrificial lamb" early in the year should be sought. I doubt it will effect attendence much as people want more home games and show up for more reasons than who the opponent is as certainly a home game against the "marquis" opponent has not always put more butts in seats. http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...ItemsPerPage=5

USF is playing at McNeese State and UND this year and has an opening next year. I would rather play them and spread some money to a local product. I think people might be more curious about that game than play a non-scholarship program or other FCS team that is demanding too much money! There are some very good DII programs in the area that can play some good football. We should know that as well as anyone.
                                Espcially the years that we can have 12 game schedule. Going for a cupcake again is fine with me. Doesnt help the record or chances for playoffs, but its a chance for another home game for the fans and a good chance to get on field experience before starting in the hard confrence games. if we have a chance for 12 games if it takes paying a local D2 school 100K to come over that is well worth it in my opinion. Which in fact may help attendance bringing in a local Mn or northern or augie. A regional game that should be a nice win and allow us a 6th home game I think is a no brainer IMO.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X