Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011 Schedule

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Cal-Poly is a 2 for 1. They are contracted to come to Brookings in 2014 and 2016. I haven't given it much thought but that seems like a good deal to me.
    Wow that is a good deal. They LIKE us! They REALLY LIKE US! (or are they learning some dirty tricks from their new conference buddies)
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
      My only qualm is that Cal-Poly is typically a play-off caliber team and with how tough the MVC is it would be nice to get easier non-conference foes. Especially if the school up north is going to pay two patsy teams every year.
      It's probably pretty tough to schedule games with patsies. There's only so many to go around for everyone to pad their schedule with.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        Wow that is a good deal. They LIKE us! They REALLY LIKE US! (or are they learning some dirty tricks from their new conference buddies)
        I would like to think the contract penalizes them stiffly enough that their only option is to fulfill their commitment. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.....well you'll never fool me again or something like that.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          I would like to think the contract penalizes them stiffly enough that their only option is to fulfill their commitment. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.....well you'll never fool me again or something like that.

I believe it's something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY...eature=related
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Are DII teams counters? If so would take a first game warmup with one of the area DII like Augie, Duluth, St Cloud or Mankato.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              Are DII teams counters? If so would take a first game warmup with one of the area DII like Augie, Duluth, St Cloud or Mankato.
              No! DII games don't count.

Home games for this season are tough to come by. It's getting too late to try to schedule them. That's why Cal Poly gave us a 2 for 1 deal and that's why there's talk that we were offering $200,000 for somebody to come here. You like to schedule games a few years in advance so you don't have to "overpay" to get them. That's why the HOME games in 2014 and 2016 will be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Nope. DII games are only good for the gate. You pay them less, take the gate, set yourself up for a dogfight in a game that absolutely does not matter except for the $$$.

So, we gotta find somebody in the FCS ranks to take a check and play in Brookings. That may mean signing a 2 for 1 not in our favor and paying as well. We've done that before.

Frustrating to say the least.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  I believe it's something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY...eature=related
                  The classic of all classics!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                    ANOTHER tough start for the rabbits. 3 out of the first 4 on the road. Holy Sh$$ Cal Poly and Illinois St. will be very very tough at home and Illinois- well lets just say it will take a miracle to beat them at their place. I can't believe this is happening again!!
                    This having a boatload of away games early in the season is gonna get old, better not become a habit. Only good part of it is that we get to use our weather to the advantage towards the end of the year.
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

According to TV's Twitter:

"SDSU has its final football foe for 2011 - Southern Utah. Game will be played in Brookings."

Comment

No date specified yet... Based on http://wasatchswagger.blogspot.com/2...-schedule.html (which may or may not be accurate), SUU has openings the first and last week of the season, like we do. Hopefully its for the home opener.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post

"SDSU has its final football foe for 2011 - Southern Utah. Game will be played in Brookings."
                          I am alright with that if it is the first week of the season. In fact, I think its a better game than Morgan State. Depending on the contract, it might be a great get.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                            ANOTHER tough start for the rabbits. 3 out of the first 4 on the road. Holy Sh$$ Cal Poly and Illinois St. will be very very tough at home and Illinois- well lets just say it will take a miracle to beat them at their place. I can't believe this is happening again!!
                            It all depends on what Jackrabbit team shows up next year. Is the the one that laid an egg against the Trees-Blue, or will it be the one that gave a top 10 FCS school a hell of a scare?

If it is the latter, then a 3-1 or 4-0 start is possible. If it isn't, well, it will be a long season no matter who the team plays.

Let's root for the team to have outstanding camps and come out ready to put last year behind them.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post

It's a good get. SUU, though, was always my least favorite Great West team, mainly because they were a bunch of chippy jerks who were good for three or four personal fouls a game once they fell behind.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

This isn't your 2003-2006 Southern Utah team either...since we left the Great West they may be the most improved team in that league. FWIW, one preseason poll I saw for next year had them ranked at #16.

Next years schedule is shaping up to be very challenging.
                                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                                X