FCS vs FBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCS vs FBS

Maybe you guys have seen this article. I linked it because it summarizes a lot of peoples view points but also because of the picture and the caption. You'll notice that is Martinez and he isn't getting "tripped up". He is about to get pile-drived into the turf by one of the Jacks!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...ed-permanently
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: FCS vs FBS

Looks like they really messed up, caption says Zac Lee not Martinez. Maybe Bleacher Report should be banned.
    I for one have enjoyed every game we've been to so far vs. FBS schools.
    However, all playing down or playing up should be banned then. No more D2 or NAIA schools playing up or down either.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Money is the root of all evil. Thats what the author is saying.

Comment

Historically, FCS wins about 6-8% of FCS/FBS match-ups. So far this year, FCS is right on track for that rate. 6 wins out of 71 games.

With Dakota schools holding arguably the #3 and #4 of those upsets, this area is representing well.

Further, while I haven't checked, I suspect that NDSU is the only FCS that has a better than .500 record vs FBS having won 4 of 7 tries.

Comment

There are problems with that article:

prior to the 2009 season at least 20 percent of these officials (from automatically qualifying (AQ) BCS schools) went into the FCS Superstore, pulled out the university VISA and signed up for an almost guaranteed bona fide victory
          20% of non-conference games were against FCS teams. That means that far more than 20% of ADs were scheduling FCS teams.

Of course, there are big payouts between FBS BCS teams and FBS mid major teams too, but in reality these two groups are all in the same league and technically have a shot at the same postseason. These teams are truly on the same playing field.
          Zuh? There's a post-season in FBS? All FBS programs are 'truly' on the same playing field?

Not every program can readily afford to line up “cupcakes” and beat them one by one.
          MAC teams schedule FCS teams!!! Who can't afford a cupcake game in FBS? Western Kentucky?

Instead of the automatically qualifying BCS conference teams playing teams from FCS conferences why not replace these games with teams from the Sun Belt, Conference USA, MWC, and WAC conferences?
          Most schools that play FCS cupcakes play FBS cupcakes as well (e.g. MAC Saturday in the Big Ten)

It’s simply more exciting (and arguably revenue generating) to watch Florida play East Carolina than it is to watch Florida play Stony Brook.
          That's a bit of a stretch. "Florida beat ECU by 30 whereas they beat Stony Brook by 48, therefore the ECU game was better."

That said requiring FBS teams to stop playing FCS schools would help all of college football determine who the elite programs in college football really are.

Pretty sure I can think of another way of determining which FBS team is the best..........

In reality, banning FBS vs. FCS games would do little to bolster a BCS system that seems more determined to make money than make sense, but it would be a small step in the right direction.

This from the "cough drops can cure tuberculosis" school of thought.

Comment

Bleacher Report is awful. I refuse to read that site.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Money is the root of all evil. Thats what the author is saying.
              The love of money is the root of all evil. 1 Timothy 6:10
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                Bleacher Report is awful. I refuse to read that site.
                I don't disagree with you. I read it selectively, very selectively and it's easy to get the impression that you or I could write better. Well, maybe just you.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Couldn't resist:

“I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    My apologies for leaving out a key word. I suspect most AD's do love money and thats why they schedule cupcakes, therefore girls are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      My apologies for leaving out a key word. I suspect most AD's do love money and thats why they schedule cupcakes, therefore girls are evil.
                      No, cupcakes are evil. Girls are good. That's what Snookums tells me, anyway.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Take Snookums to a Sprinkles if you get an opportunity (http://www.sprinkles.com/index.html). She may conclude that cupcakes are not evil after all. And if not, will certainly believe that a little evil can be very good.
                        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                        X